Confederate Flag

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Dagger83, could well be but once again there were and are different viewpoints on the reasons why there was a terroist act planned. It could be said that many at the time wanted it to succeed.
I was only trying to point out that heritage and history is important to many people and has always lived alongside the present. Not sure whether the Confederate flag itself was that much of an issue that it has now become under Trump. I know southern states like Georgia removed the confederate part of their flag but car owners can still apply for licence plates showing the confederate flag.
dagger4eva

All of the images I posted are actual photographs from actual events at our football club and are readily available in the public domain via Google.
Chigwellian

Mike The Dagger quoted "

The club had complaints about the Confederate flag when it was displayed and shown on TV at the home play off semi final last season. This was also picked up by the FA I believe who contacted the club about it being displayed."

have you got prove of this, or is it just another random comment of yours?
Mike the Dagger

Chigwellian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm Mike The Dagger quoted "

The club had complaints about the Confederate flag when it was displayed and shown on TV at the home play off semi final last season. This was also picked up by the FA I believe who contacted the club about it being displayed."

Thommo said it in the podcast if I recall correctly.
Chigwellian

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm

I rest my case, m'lord!!
Mike the Dagger

Chigwellian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm

I rest my case, m'lord!!
https://soundcloud.com/choochoofilms/a- ... twenty-six

43 minutes in, you don't even have to listen for long.

Which case was it you were resting?
Chigwellian

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Chigwellian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm

I rest my case, m'lord!!

It still doesn't prove anything... I didn't know Thommo was the Oracle of all things .. Lets see what the FA had to say.
lupins

Double standards? most unlikely the Club even were aware of it but it is at least flying in the sort of setting it would be expected to be seen and associated with the music and time of that era. You can debate whether it should be that is a valid argument

No standards, the flag wavers who were asked to stop and didn't with the attendant consequences and still attempt to rewrite history and take no responsibility for that
Alan

Chigwellian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:51 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Chigwellian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm I rest my case, m'lord!!

It still doesn't prove anything... I didn't know Thommo was the Oracle of all things .. Lets see what the FA had to say.
Dear god....
Lcbdagger

admin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm As admin please can I ask that the posts are edited to remove the images from this forum.
If you wish to demonstrate the flag, then a link to the news item is sufficient.

The club is going through a difficult period at the moment, and any random person browsing may now see certain images associated with our club and our supporters.
Hang on wasn't this an official event at the club??