Ideas for Save the Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:49 am
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is it, not that it is holiday season and the club is running on a shoestring at the moment.

What email did you use? Thommo is away.
3 working days to reply to an email about sponsorship is too long regardless of excuses. As Kim is away he should have an out of office on on who to contact in his absence.
Can't argue with the out of office, but this is hardly emailing a multi-national's support department is it?
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

True, but its no way to run a failing business.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm True, but its no way to run a failing business.
Get your arse up there and help out then.
Ally Fraser

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:49 am
Ally Fraser wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 pm We can’t be that skint, emailed the club on Thursday morning about boot sponsorship, still haven’t had a reply.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is it, not that it is holiday season and the club is running on a shoestring at the moment.

What email did you use? Thommo is away.
3 working days to reply to an email about sponsorship is too long regardless of excuses. As Kim is away he should have an out of office on on who to contact in his absence.
He had an out of office, which told me to email another address, which I did Thursday morning.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:41 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm True, but its no way to run a failing business.
Get your arse up there and help out then.
I will offer my FREE help when the FREE shares handed over by Hopkin to Kim and Plumb are handed back to the full members. Doubt I will be helping anytime soon, greedy C....
Auntie Merge

Yes, lets all kick the club whilst it is down.

It is close season
It is during the world cup
Season ticket renewals are the priority
The MD is on holiday
The Press/PR person is currently ‘situations vacant’.

The club has asked for volunteers to help with admin and hasnt yet got itself sorted out.

3 working days is not a long time to respond to an unsolicited enquiry of any nature. I’m sitting here going through client enquiries from 2 weeks ago, not one person has been jumping up and down demanding attention, even though their work situation is quite desperate. All still want to work with me.

If you want to sponsor the club in some form, then I take it you’re a supporter. I’m
sure a little more support and a little more understanding will go a long way. There isn’t yet an expiry date on sponsorship.
Voice of reason

I called the club at about 7pm a week or so ago and paid for a season ticket
It was outside hours and the guy was very helpful
Important to acknowledge there are lots of good people at the club
admin
Site Admin

I’ve unpinned the other topic but this one will remain here for the time being as it has lots of useful ideas which may be helpful to a potential investor.
DevonDagger

I hope even if we get investment that the club keep the foot on the pedal with the extra ways of bringing in some cash.

The evening with Peter Taylor looks great and had I not already made plans I would have come up for it. New investment I hope doesn't mean the club will just sit back and go back to just plodding along.
Daggernewbie

Wondering why this thread is still here ?
The Daggers have been saved.
Auntie Merge

Daggernewbie wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:56 am Wondering why this thread is still here ?
The Daggers have been saved.
Good question. However I have kept it pinned as it has lots of marketing ideas and ideas to bring supporters back to the club, which the new owners may find useful.

I pointed them in the direction of this thread at the weekend. It will be unpinned in the near future but not today.
NickMurphy

Think it goes without saying that one thing we need to do is attract younger fans.

So maybe try and set aside somewhere in the ground - whether that be inside the TBS/a hall in the clubhouse/a new building - for families/teenagers to watch the Premier League games before and after our game at 3pm. Stick a big screen up, have a platter style buffet and even a couple of games consoles and give it a youth club vibe before and after the match where they families can come with their kids or mates can meet up on a Saturday afternoon for a fun day. Most of us on here enjoy the clubhouse because we see people we know and have a drink, but that's probably not the ideal setting for everyone before and after the match.

Aside from that, having a Santa's Grotto or something similar before the Christmas home match with chances to win club merchandise/season tickets/match tickets.

Also, maybe looking at sponsoring some of the youth football leagues around Barking, Dagenham and Redbridge. Have our name attached to all of them and give the winners of the leagues each season a set of season tickets - or do a raffle every week between the teams in each division to win a set of matchday tickets for the following home game.

I've got no idea whether any of the above is even logistically possible - but though it might be worth including on here.
bloke down the pub

Start winning. The supporters can't do that. When they do their lap after the match, make them hold a sign telling the supporters how much they earn a week. The supporters might think differently
Auntie Merge

I see from Facebook that the Ilford Palais regular reunion night has been let down again by a different venue.

I appreciate the club won’t get a 3am licence but if they could get a 1am licence once a month that is a group of 600 people packing out the bars. Definitely worth looking at. :coin: :coin:

I’m trying to get some introductions made so at least this can be on the table for discussion.

Mentioning it here as I am sure we all have connections to similar groups or organisations on FB who might consider the club as a suitable venue.