Daggers V Irons

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HarryHammer

My first post on here as really, I just wanted to congratulate everyone connected with your club for a great evening on Wednesday. I came over for the 1st time ever with my two boys and we all had a thoroughly great evening. You have a great little club and I hope everything is done to ensure your survival.

So much disillusion surrounding the Olympic stadium recently, it was a joy to watch the hammers in a nice environment for a change.

Just a little negative if I may, and it follows a comment from some-one else on a different thread.

I think you as a club missed a huge trick on Wednesday. You had 4500 people at the stadium, many first timers, most of which have no game to watch this coming Sat due to the International Break.

Why oh why was a promo not done to entice any number of that crowd back this weekend. I think had you run a promo to say, come back on Saturday with your ticket stub for the friendly match and we’ll let you in for a fiver, you would’ve got a few hundred back through the turnstiles. It’s potentially things like this that could’ve been the difference between survive or die. You may well get a handful back anyway at some point but was a big opportunity missed.

Anyway, enough from me. All the best for the rest of the season and beyond.
Up the Daggers!
Mark

I agree but we have to balance it against our own regulars who would take up that offer and result in less overall revenue.
dagger4eva

Orient have it right
Attachments
FB_IMG_1521812188984.jpg
dagger4eva

Desperately empty over here.. really sad tbh!
:thumbd:
dagger4eva

I'm sorry but I cant let this one go.

I've a couple of west ham mates here at work, both at the friendly on Wednesday, both who are almost as astounded as me that we didn't try a single thing - other than a damn announcement from Gwinn to try and encourage/entice some of those 3500 extra people back on Saturday.

A couple of comments I've seen about peeing off other regulars by letting in extra people at a reduced price but bollox to that.
Of the 1168 in attendance, there were 1,117 home fans. A large majority of those, say 700-800 would have come in on pre-paid Season Tickets, so any talk of lost revenue is a nonsense.

Look at Orients last 3 fixtures prior to Saturday, and you can see a substantial increase (at LEAST a thousand) in their gate as a clear result of the promotion.

vs TRANMERE (4,631)
vs EBBSFLEET (4,127)
vs TORQUAY (2,900)
vs WOKING (5,673)

We are not only skint but supposedly on the verge of going under, and on a Saturday with NO Premier League and NO International game we don't try a fcuking thing.
The extra crowd were IN our stadium and in the palms of our hands. Even if we'd have got an extra 400-500 back, that would've been an extra couple of grand or so in the bank, without considering what would've been spent in the Clubhouse.
Sometimes it really does feel like the club is heading in the direction is deserves .....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What's being done for the last 3 remaining home games;
Kids for a Quid?
Ladies Day?
Community Day?
ANYTHING???????
Diggerthedog

Agree with all off the above.

The wont run a deal for Woking or Maidstone as they can charge their supporters the full whack of which will be in total 700-1000 away fans at £21 adults or £12 kids.
daggerfirst

dagger4eva wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 am I'm sorry but I cant let this one go.

I've a couple of west ham mates here at work, both at the friendly on Wednesday, both who are almost as astounded as me that we didn't try a single thing - other than a damn announcement from Gwinn to try and encourage/entice some of those 3500 extra people back on Saturday.

A couple of comments I've seen about peeing off other regulars by letting in extra people at a reduced price but bollox to that.
Of the 1168 in attendance, there were 1,117 home fans. A large majority of those, say 700-800 would have come in on pre-paid Season Tickets, so any talk of lost revenue is a nonsense.

Look at Orients last 3 fixtures prior to Saturday, and you can see a substantial increase (at LEAST a thousand) in their gate as a clear result of the promotion.

vs TRANMERE (4,631)
vs EBBSFLEET (4,127)
vs TORQUAY (2,900)
vs WOKING (5,673)

We are not only skint but supposedly on the verge of going under, and on a Saturday with NO Premier League and NO International game we don't try a fcuking thing.
The extra crowd were IN our stadium and in the palms of our hands. Even if we'd have got an extra 400-500 back, that would've been an extra couple of grand or so in the bank, without considering what would've been spent in the Clubhouse.
Sometimes it really does feel like the club is heading in the direction is deserves .....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What's being done for the last 3 remaining home games;
Kids for a Quid?
Ladies Day?
Community Day?
ANYTHING???????
Yep. Nothings being done. No promotions no season ticket offers nothing. The crowd on Saturday was poor given what happened v West Ham. Our club is dying and those in charge of the club are letting it happen.
dagger4eva

http://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.u ... mmunity-2/

Now this is what I'm talking about!!
Mark

If the season ticket holders really make up 800 of the 1100 then the mind boggles why we didn't push harder for discounted entry for West Ham fans.

I managed to get 3 mates down for the Chester game who wouldn't normally come. This week they were at a loose end and went to watch Saracens. 20 quid for top level rugby vs 15 quid for conference football.
dj johnny b

I despair like others in this thread. What a PR/marketing chance missed - open goal!
I really enjoyed Saturday - best 90 minutes I've seen in a long time. But...the crowd, given the well publicised circumstances!!
And...not one person around me even mentioned the financial crisis. There really seems to be a heads in the sand thing going on here. There's just one month left until the end of the season. Great if we're not getting info because delicate financial discussions are going on but everything I've read suggests nobody is getting past first base.Not possible to announce season ticket prices for next year clearly therefore none of us (supporters through to players and management team) can plan for summer 2018 on.
Some sort of announcement soon...surely?
ThatRoundThing

As Nick Murphy pointed out on another thread there was a 20% discount for the Fylde game shown in small print on email confirmation for tickets bought for the WHU game. I bought my WHU tickets direct from the Club Shop many weeks ago and wasn’t told of any promotional offer v Fylde, so that opportunity has passed.

Woking took 479 to Orient and working on £5 for full price tickets only, would have produced £2395.
We only need about 115 full price paying Woking fans to generate the same income that Orient received.

So from that I deduce that either 20% offer on tickets for the Fylde game wasn’t a big enough incentive or that small print on the bottom of a confirmation email only, was missed by most.
It was always going to be a small away following from Fylde and so a 50% in Fylde ticket prices would have needed quite a large increase in Home fans which I don’t think we are now going to get at this stage of the season.
Our large crowd v WHU were there to see WHU which we are grateful of their support and generated income, sadly not that many new paying Daggers fans gained I’m afraid.