Fylde

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Decent performance, Bloomfield was superb first hour. Pennell has a good game. We got a bit lucky with the one that hit the post, but deserved all three points.

Officials were an absolute joke. We were lucky to get out of that game without some nasty injuries.
ARNU

Good strong committed performance. MOTM could have gone to anyone today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Well done lads, thoroughly deserved that today. Apart from Rowe hitting the post and a comfortable catch by cousins I can't remember Mark having much to do.
Everyone played their part today, a good all round performance. Although Kandi was motm, for me I would have given it to Robson, with Adam a very close second. But like it's already been mentioned, it could have been anyone.
dagger4eva

Fylde looked way off the pace but it probably helped our cause that they came without looking to park the bus.

We got in and behind several times during the 2nd half and could easily have run out winners by a larger margin.

The players who have stayed with us since everything blew up have really stepped up to the mark and we should be very proud.

Best overall home performance by us in god knows how long, l just cant help get over the point we as a club should be kicking ourselves there were only 1100 people there to see it. We really dont help ourselves some times!!
GRTourist

Hi all,

I was a neutral at the game today taking photos. I've stuck them - along with a match report - on here if you're interested.

https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/0 ... bridge-fc/

Apologies for the intrusion.

GRTourist
ARNU

Great report.
NickMurphy

Couldn't really fault the boys at all this afternoon. Kept a side who've stuck five past Tranmere and seven past Aldershot pretty quiet all game.

Chuffed for Kandi as well. Has the ability to become an important player for us.

As for the attendance, 1100 was hugely disappointing. Part of me wishes we'd have tried some big initiative like Orient did this afternoon. But I don't really think it'd have got the desired numbers to warrant doing it. Unfortunately the majority of people in the local area simply don't care.
ARNU

I think you have to look at it as it is Nick. To any prospective new supporter we are not exactly the most glamorous of clubs. We are in the national league with a big financial situation and apart from yesterday have been taking a beating on the field of late. A season ticket commits you to having to watch though £8.65 a game isn't too terrible, don't know if I'd shell out £17 or whatever it is for it though and I can afford it. I've never had any problems parking but the ground is in an area where you'd not be too surprised if it got nicked while you were watching and that district line is crap on Saturdays. We are really up against it. You are right , locals largely don't care.
RM1Dagger

Yes I effectively heard someone on Wednesday say that they wouldn't come and watch teams in this league whilst at least in the league you get some 'big' teams like Coventry and Luton etc. Tis an issue I fear...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Fantastic performance yesterday, can’t fault any of the players. Funny how we perform like that without the so called stars that have now left, shows what a bit of fight can add to a team at this level.

Attendances like that can see us go bust sooner rather than later. It’s the people that came when we were averaging 1500 home fans in league two that don’t bother. We have three home games left and the ground really needs to be half full for each of them. As they’re not coming now the £5 incentive that Orient did could be worth a try along with a statement from the board on how much we need and by when to survive this mess.
stanton101

GRTourist wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:48 pm Hi all,

I was a neutral at the game today taking photos. I've stuck them - along with a match report - on here if you're interested.

https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/0 ... bridge-fc/

Apologies for the intrusion.

GRTourist
Great stuff mate, well done indeed.
redboy

1100 is pi$$ poor. Out of those, I imagine at least half were season ticket holders.

Im sure the ST holders wouldn't object if matchday prices were reduced to encourage more people to attend. With no Premier League or Championship games yesterday, this was a great opportunity to draw in a bigger crowd.

With a handful of home games remaining, its vital to maximise any income that can be achieved.