Dreadful

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

The way we were setup and approached that game from the off, you'd have thought we were 3rd bottom!

Negative, sloppy, tired, and completely uninterested... and that was just the referee!!

Barring a miracle thats the season over. Never mind, guess if have taken this by a long shot 7 months ago!
USADAGGER nick

I wouldn't say barring a miracle, aren't we still only 6 points off the playoffs
Chigwellian

The manager and coaching staff are good motivators.... Jeez... An apology would bee nice
Don't mind losing, but where has the effort been for the past few games
dagger4eva

Burnett just said that up til the red card the game was even. Wouldnt disagree with that but Wycombe were there for the taking and if we could have set up offensively and got at Wycombe from the off the points would have been ours!

No complaints with the red card even though Doe only pushed their player, twice. But never seen him lose it like that, he was going absolutely bezerk. Big loss for next 3 games.

If l was Sheilds id tell WB to bugger off n start looking for a new club. Obv not gonna happen for him with us!
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Burnett just said that up til the red card the game was even. Wouldnt disagree with that but Wycombe were there for the taking and if we could have set up offensively and got at Wycombe from the off the points would have been ours!

No complaints with the red card even though Doe only pushed their player, twice. But never seen him lose it like that, he was going absolutely bezerk. Big loss for next 3 games.

If l was Sheilds id tell WB to bugger off n start looking for a new club. Obv not gonna happen for him with us!
Dont think there will be many takers for anybody who sees winger after winger come and go and stil cant get a kick.

It is obvious Wayne dont fancy him we were crying out for somebody to go down the outside today and he was once again left to kick his heels

The one i feel sorry for is Matt Saunders was having a good half when he was sacraficed for Gayle.

The Daggers curse strikes again make no mistake we have lost to a dreadfull team today. Northampton fans rest assured there is 3 points waiting for you here in 2 weeks time Wycombe are going down
bloke down the pub

We need a Manager / Coach Who can get it over to the players ,you have to kick the ball at the goal. Two shots on target is very bad. We must be feilding 11 goalkeepers. Time for some changes.
matt_drfc

Good day, but poor game and extremely poor referee. Definitely a red card for Doey, but also for their player, leaving his foot in on Lewy and putting his head into Doey. Nothing went our way really. 11 v 11 we win, Wycombe were very very poor but done a job on us.

Must say I think Burnett did make a bad call starting with 4 centre mids with Howell playing right wing, with Shields and Azeez on the bench, but he obviously had his reasons.

Ian Gayle looked very solid once he touched the ball a few times, considering his football league debut and the sitaution we were in. Matt Saunders looked decent spraying a few balls about, unfortunate to be subbed. Still not sold on Norris if I'm honest, clearly a decent player but he hasn't looked up for it in the last couple of games, be glad when Murphy is back really.

Also, Stuart Lewis is an absolute tosser.
leewilson

Firstly, I apologise, I've only ever seen us win away twice in the Football League (Southend and Darlo) in what must be about 40-50 away games done since promotion to League 2.

Disappointing today. I thought first half we were average. I think we got our initial set up wrong. There were plenty of players on the pitch who could pass a ball but not enough who could take a player on and pin Wycombe back. If we are going to set up in that way, then I wouldn't waste Medy out on the left, I'd have him driving through the middle behind Norris and Bingham would have to push out to the left. I'm a big fan of Burnett but I thought he got it wrong today. It was a game crying out for a player like Shields. Whether he himself would have performed, who knows, but we didn't need Ogogo, Howell, Bingham and Saunders ALL out there at once.

At the same time, I was disappointed with the team in the 2nd half. Let's just reiterate that we were 5 points off of the play offs and down to 10 men in a disputed decision. If that doesn't create a siege mentality, I don't know what does. We didn't show any guts, urgency or steal in the 2nd half. That was my biggest criticism. Azeez got a lot of stick from the crowd but when he came on, he at least showed a desire to get involved and started to give their defenders something to think about. Norris was very disappointing today. A couple of times he was half asleep in the box when he could have got on the end of things. In general, he walked about alot and didn't do enough for me.

As for Bloke's post about new ideas though..........jeeeez. We were crap today but that's football, it happens sometimes. On to next week. Looking forward to Pompey visiting.
leewilson

matt_drfc wrote:Good day, but poor game and extremely poor referee. Definitely a red card for Doey, but also for their player, leaving his foot in on Lewy and putting his head into Doey. Nothing went our way really. 11 v 11 we win, Wycombe were very very poor but done a job on us.

Must say I think Burnett did make a bad call starting with 4 centre mids with Howell playing right wing, with Shields and Azeez on the bench, but he obviously had his reasons.

Ian Gayle looked very solid once he touched the ball a few times, considering his football league debut and the sitaution we were in. Matt Saunders looked decent spraying a few balls about, unfortunate to be subbed. Still not sold on Norris if I'm honest, clearly a decent player but he hasn't looked up for it in the last couple of games, be glad when Murphy is back really.

Norris for me comes alive when he's facing/running at the goal. Back to goal he has an awful lot to work on. I think he's looked alot better when he has a partner up front. By himself, he has to do a lot of gritty stuff 30-40 yards from goal and it's not his game.
matt_drfc

leewilson wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Good day, but poor game and extremely poor referee. Definitely a red card for Doey, but also for their player, leaving his foot in on Lewy and putting his head into Doey. Nothing went our way really. 11 v 11 we win, Wycombe were very very poor but done a job on us.

Norris for me comes alive when he's facing/running at the goal. Back to goal he has an awful lot to work on. I think he's looked alot better when he has a partner up front. By himself, he has to do a lot of gritty stuff 30-40 yards from goal and it's not his game.
Oh yeah, I agree, by "be glad when Murphy is back" I meant so they can play as a partnership, he's not a 'lone striker' type. But like you said he does look half asleep some times.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Its ok saying we looked good when it was 11 v11 but not for the first game it looked to me like we were waiting for something to happen. At 11 v 11 we should have made it happen.

Against these poor teams it the same old we never got at them. Agree with lee,my mind went back to Fleetwood at start of the season we needed somebody out wide for the ball players to pass to. Sadly to often it was just a ball down the middle or over the top.

Medy was not at the races and in all honesty we looked a bit puzzled by it all.

Scott Doe was a silly lad but lets hope that the authorities have the guts to take retrospective action and punish his assailant accordingly.

Scott Doe has been the cornerstone over the past month of our run so a bit of latitude is given.

Stuart Lewis you are a horriible little git and I am glad Still showed you the door as well as being a detestable little jerk you are also not very good.
NickMurphy

The game hinged on that sending off basically. Up until then we were level and had a few decent chances, but after the red mist descended there was only going to be one outcome for Doey and for us. Haven't read earlier replies in this thread, but does anyone know what happened to make Doey lose it like that? It couldn't have been the challenge on the goalkeeper - for Doey to go absolutely spare like that something must have been said or done to provoke him. While I understand its heat of the moment, his moment of madness ultimately cost us that game, although arguably the Wycombe man should have been sent off as well for his part in it. In the 8 years I've supported us, I've never seen a player lose his cool like that.

As for the game itself, I wish we'd have started with a bit more attacking intent. At the end of the day we had nothing to lose and against a side like Wycombe who are especially poor at home as well as their poor league position, we should have gone for it. Not only that, but with safety essentially assured we had nothing to lose anyway, if we lost with all guns blazing I wouldn't have minded. The only way we were going to make the PO's was starting with a win today. By naming a team like that, I was quite disappointing. Azeez & Shields on the bench annoyed me, and quite why Matt Saunders was recalled so unexpectedly in a game of such high importance when Lawson was on the bench I didn't understand either. Then again, Wayne sees Saunders every day in training and if he thinks he's ready, then I back him in that stance.

Just thought we were very underwhelming as a whole, Medy personified it. He had several opportunities today where he played the wrong ball or opted to go alone when it was totally the wrong decision, and for all his good form this season I think that'll probably go down as one of his worst games this season. Didn't see the penalty so can't comment on that, but we just seemed to lack fight afterwards, there was no enthusiasm and for a side still with a relatively decent chance of the play offs it seemed as though we lacked motivation - even with the ten men.

At the end of the day it was just a frustrating game really. It was a chance blown to do something we never expected, and to be in that position with six games to go is credit to Wayne, the staff and all the players this season. To be in with a chance at this stage is more than good enough for me this season, but without the individual mistakes and last minute goals...you just wonder where we could have been.

Side note; Wycombe's clubhouse was nice and I dislike Stuart Lewis.
NickMurphy

The game hinged on that sending off basically. Up until then we were level and had a few decent chances, but after the red mist descended there was only going to be one outcome for Doey and for us. Haven't read earlier replies in this thread, but does anyone know what happened to make Doey lose it like that? It couldn't have been the challenge on the goalkeeper - for Doey to go absolutely spare like that something must have been said or done to provoke him. While I understand its heat of the moment, his moment of madness ultimately cost us that game, although arguably the Wycombe man should have been sent off as well for his part in it. In the 8 years I've supported us, I've never seen a player lose his cool like that.

As for the game itself, I wish we'd have started with a bit more attacking intent. At the end of the day we had nothing to lose and against a side like Wycombe who are especially poor at home as well as their poor league position, we should have gone for it. Not only that, but with safety essentially assured we had nothing to lose anyway, if we lost with all guns blazing I wouldn't have minded. The only way we were going to make the PO's was starting with a win today. By naming a team like that, I was quite disappointing. Azeez & Shields on the bench annoyed me, and quite why Matt Saunders was recalled so unexpectedly in a game of such high importance when Lawson was on the bench I didn't understand either. Then again, Wayne sees Saunders every day in training and if he thinks he's ready, then I back him in that stance.

Just thought we were very underwhelming as a whole, Medy personified it. He had several opportunities today where he played the wrong ball or opted to go alone when it was totally the wrong decision, and for all his good form this season I think that'll probably go down as one of his worst games this season. Didn't see the penalty so can't comment on that, but we just seemed to lack fight afterwards, there was no enthusiasm and for a side still with a relatively decent chance of the play offs it seemed as though we lacked motivation - even with the ten men.

At the end of the day it was just a frustrating game really. It was a chance blown to do something we never expected, and to be in that position with six games to go is credit to Wayne, the staff and all the players this season. To be in with a chance at this stage is more than good enough for me this season, but without the individual mistakes and last minute goals...you just wonder where we could have been.

Side note; Wycombe's clubhouse was nice and I dislike Stuart Lewis.
Daggers No 2 Fan

It doesn't matter how many times I look at the starting 11, I just can't work out how they're supposed to fit into a sensible formation. We may not have had loads of players available, but we had two strikers and a wide player on the bench. With those available I can't see why one or two of them wouldn't have started to give us a proper 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

With Doe now being out for 3 games, we're desperately short of defensive cover. Maybe it would have been sensible to look to get some cover in at the end of the loan window, rather than signing yet another wide player.

On the sending off, yes he had to go, but then so did both Craig and Lewis - Craig clearly puts his head into Doe and Lewis shoves Doe in the throat. It's also the second time in two games that a player has left their foot in on Lewy - an Oxford player did it last week and barely even got a talking to.
Richie

I think dreadful is harsh, away from home keeping it tight at 0-0 in the first half is never a bad outcome.

Obviously the sending off changed it and there can't be any complaints, seen the pen this morning and that does look soft however.

Ian Gayle looked good enough to step in though, anyone know if Wilko is likely to be back? And also Wycombe is a bloody awful "away day", SO far from the station