A Game Of Headers & Volleys Ep.32

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dr Monkatron

Afternoon, here is the latest episode of the Daggers based podcast.

In this episode we chat about the West Ham and AFC Fylde games respectively as well as Masons summer move to Norwich City and the Easter fixtures.

We also have round ups of both the semi final 2nd legs of the FA Trophy & the FA Vase. You get another chapter of Cockney Byrites Storytime as well as more wisdom from our resident referee, Gavin Twatwell in his 'You Are The Ref' section.

And in this weeks Classic Daggers, I take you back to the 70's when I chat about 2 matches. So get your disco boots on and get your groove on.

Thanks in advance for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/choochoofilms/a- ... thirty-two
Mike the Dagger

Great listen again guys.

Loved the Classic Daggers section. Definitely my era, I was at both those FA Trophy semi finals. Paul Currie was indeed "brother of" and Tony used to turn up on occassion when he could fit it in. Front row of the pic, second from the left,

What a team that was BTW. Mal Harkins remains one of my all time favourite Daggers, alongside legends Denis Moore, Ian Huttley, John Borland, Peter Wellman, Terry and Reggie Harris, Jimmy Holder, Neville Fox, Joe Dunwell

1977 Daggers:

How many can people name?

Terry Harris makes it 1-0 in the final:

Dr Monkatron

Cheers Mike,

Even though it was a little bit before I started going over there, I wanted to pay tribute to what looked like a great team. I used to buy the older programmes from the club shop and read up about this team. When I did start going my favourite player was Joe Dunwell. I like an elegant ball player and thought he was absolutely fantastic.