Maidstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 pm Nice and positive DtD, that's what we need.

I thought it was decent game and good performance, enjoyed it.

Always interesting how people see things differently I suppose. I thought Sparkes had his best game for us, Boucs was good although I wouldn't have given him MOM. I would have given it to Nunn I think.

Subs were not what I would have done. Boucs was struggling to move after 70 mins, would have swapped him personally.
Glad you enjoyed it I saw a team who had won 2 in 23 lose to a team who were marginally better.

The one big positive is that there are no primadonnas left in the team and the ones left picking up the pieces are doing brilliantly.
RM1Dagger

Thought it was fairly even up until we scored and then we looked pretty good for the remainder of the half. I thought Sparkes had a good first half, and have others have said put in some decent crosses. Bouchard another decent game, Robbo, Pennell solid at back but Nunn for me shaded the MoM, thought he was excellent and is a proper full back .
Now the SE27 Dagger
Fearless

I thought it was a decent performance against a very average Maidstone team. As I see it we put in a lot of effort but Cheek seemed slow and tired. His inability to hold things up resulted in us being put under a lot of pressure. Don't get me wrong I am not against him but I do think he could offer a lot more. He has been scoring goals in this league and I think he should step up in the last few games of the season. I went home happy with the win and agree with some of you that Nunn should have been motm as he has really settled in the team.
Richie

The different opinions of MOTM probably says it all. Was a good performance across the park, Maidstone were committed but limited and our extra quality showed.

I'd have gone Adams for MOTM personally, why we had Robson instead of him in the midfield i'll never know.

If we get the 6 points from Woking and Guiseley, and we really should, then who knows...
triplescarf

Watched from the back row of the Carling Stand (my first time there) I thought it was a good performance all round. We played some great football at times. Gave it away a little easily at times (but it's not like we don't see that from most teams, at every level, for spells - god knows watching the Hammers is like that), and Cheek, rather than looking tired, looked lazy to me. Sparkes did well down the line. As someone who hasn't seen much Daggers football this season, I'd say that was a performance worth celebrating, particularly from - as others have said - the players that are 'left' at the club.

If the club is to be saved, I really think there needs to be a more positive outlook on it, otherwise, where's the incentive to keep working at it? A good win, at a difficult time - what more do we want?!
lupins

Its clearly true everyone sees games differently

I and most of the people around me enjoyed our performance, plenty of passing and we all liked the game in general

I think we can see the benefit of a settled side albeit brought about by limited available choices but nevertheless its there

Incidentally who are the prima donnas that one of the usual suspects referred to above as now gone
Diggerthedog

lupins wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 pm Its clearly true everyone sees games differently

I and most of the people around me enjoyed our performance, plenty of passing and we all liked the game in general

I think we can see the benefit of a settled side albeit brought about by limited available choices but nevertheless its there

Incidentally who are the prima donnas that one of the usual suspects referred to above as now gone
Ferrier and Corey were better than they thought.
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 pm
lupins wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 pm Its clearly true everyone sees games differently

Ferrier and Corey were better than they thought.
Isn’t that the opposite of being a prima donna?
DaggerJoel11

Here's my match report for those interested: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... aidstone-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''