The Silence

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

People with good intentions ,Being angry about everything won't change anything. I can't imagine those who matter in all this are sleeping very well and it's on their minds 24/7. With the amount of criticism people get for just about anything they do surely you can understand why they aren't letting anyone into their negotiations/ plans etc. Let them get on with it. Unless you're gonna give em £200 k I can't see why they would tell you/ us anything. Nobody is stopping anyone doing bucket collections etc. Maybe it isn't necessary.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Chalky69

Completely agree with your comments. Silence is golden! Who, in their right mind, would give a running commentary on any negotiations that were taking place.
Blackie645

King Canute comes to mind, what supporters are saying is that we don’t want to be told the club is going bust the day before it happens, supporters want a chance to do something to stop it happening.
Diggerthedog

Exactly, bar the initial announcement and the West Ham game it has been a closed shop. No one is asking for a running commentary but a small update to confirm the current position given that many players have left and some with fees, followed by money from the West Ham game.

Given its mid April and we know nothing about season tickets people can only guess things are not looking good. Imagine we went bust for the sake of £150k?!?
Chigwellian

I'm almost 100% certain, that the club (as it stands) have lost all revenue from season ticket sales... who in their right minds are going to waste a couple of hundred pounds when there is no clue whether we will have a club to support.
BB-Dagger

All of the talk about not buying a season ticket because “we may not have a club” is crap, I’m more than happy to buy a season ticket now as I’m certain there will be a club to support, I was coming when we were an Athenian League club back in the 70’s and I’m not going to let a possible demotion stop me next year!
One way or another we will have a team to follow, its just a matter of who’s going to be owning it
stanton101

Like a lot of others I don't expect much and I'm never disappointed with this club. I find it quite nauseating that they bang on about bringing friends to matches etc and how they're desperate for financial support, but can't or won't divulge a thing about the clubs future.
This has gone on far too long, the team as it was lost interest in all matters football around Christmas time and people in the know knew exactly what was going on behind the scenes, but as usual us fans were treated like shite, totally oblivious to what was really happening.
Everything that's been suggested has been met with silence and yet they'll ask to bring friends to matches, it's laughable and it's making what little support we have left very angry indeed.
It doesn't take an Einstein to work out why we've lost so many fans, the whole things a complete shambles.
This is not the way to treat supporters of a so called family club, in fact I'd say it's taking the piss.
Blackie645

Quite agree, believe it or not we are part of this club, whether Tommo likes it or not.
ARNU

Hands up who has put £50 grand in to help the club stay afloat ?

Hands up who's moaned like a biatch at everything but done nothing ?

Yep that's me too.
Diggerthedog

I have Probably put in about £50k over the years and I don't get free, booze, meal, admission, travel to away games and a huge salary on top.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:19 pm I have Probably put in about £50k over the years and I don't get free, booze, meal, admission, travel to away games and a huge salary on top.
Care to itemise your £50k??
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:45 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:19 pm I have Probably put in about £50k over the years and I don't get free, booze, meal, admission, travel to away games and a huge salary on top.
If Thommo wants it he can ask me directly.
ARNU

Don't take it personally. I don't have anything to do with Mr Thomson but I think it's common knowledge he put 100's of thousands into it over the years. That isn't the action of a man who dosent care.He might not give a shit about you that's between you and him. What we (you and I) put in is for ourselves. We buy season tickets cheap and follow the team all over the country for our own leisure. We get something back( debatable sometimes). I don't know your circumstances but I doubt you'll make a £5k donation let alone £50k. And if you can't afford it then that's your own fault . By that I mean you made life choices that put you in that position. If you can then good for you but I'd fear someone would slag you off for doing so.
NickMurphy

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm
NickMurphy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:12 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Just shows you other clubs are doing something to raise funds,it a sad state of affairs when our club can`t be bothered.
It’s clearly not a case of the club ‘not being bothered’. Don’t make such spurious and stupid statements because people believe you and that’s how factions develop.
Who`s making spurious and stupid statements it`s my opinion and I`m sure that people can make their own minds up and don`t need me to guide them.

So tell me and everyone else what is our board doing then NickMurphy to save our club apart from saying they are talking to investors I want and I`m sure others supporters want to see action not words they have done nothing since the West Ham match,there have been loads of ideas suggested to them to raise funds but they have taken none on board.
No idea what they're doing. Which is why I'm not making silly statements that equate to "the people inside the club can't be bothered to keep it alive".

I'm paraphrasing what you said, but that's essentially what you're saying and I'd put fair money on it being patently untrue.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:45 pm
If Thommo wants it he can ask me directly.
Just interested as at current terrace season ticket prices that equates to 250 years worth. The club is 25 years old. Also 20% of that is VAT.

Beer, if we are lucky £1 a pint profit maybe. 50,000 pints?

The catering is outsourced so I guess its a fixed income whatever you may eat.

Anything spent on away travel doesn't come to the club so won't count.