PUB TEAM FROM ESSEX

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I wanted to hark back to something I’ve mentioned on here previously.

At the start of John Still’s current stint at the club, he sat in that large hall flanked by Thompson and I think Bennett. Apart from his famous “what the fcuk has happened to this club” quote, he brutally tore into the then board saying how it was so tired and stale and HE felt it had been a really big factor in the club’s decline.

Some two and a bit years on, all I see is the same tired old board, running the same tired old club.
Barring the West Ham friendly and a Clubhouse Membership card, I see next to nothing new being brought to the table. No new initiatives or schemes. No new attack on the 30,000+ followers the club has on its media channels. No real use being made of the small but incredibly loyal supporter base the club has. Just the same, tired old sh*t month after month.

Consider this, the club is around 10 days from POTENTIALLY hosting its final ever game at Victoria Road, at least in its current guise - 10 days !!
Where is the big sell. Where is the big push, the plea, the promotions, the PR, the ANYTHING to get people to the game?

Do we want to sound ultra desperate and tell the world the club is literally about to die? No.

Do we want to do everything in our power to make it a huge occasion just in case the worst case scenario is upon us, yes.

But no – in 10 days time, we’ll probably have the usual 1200 or so people at the ground, the team will get a big clap at the end with a bit of a presentation on the pitch since neither the club or the supporters club saw it fit to hold an end of season bash (another fund raising opportunity gone begging)

And we'll all go off into the summer hoping those same people manage to come up with something to rescue the club.

We used to be known as the pub team from Essex. Now we seem incapable of running a pissup in one.
rebeldagger

To me it seems apathy has struck at the heart of Dagenham and Redbridge, for the reasons you have pointed out it is obvious to see that it is there, yet as to the cause? Well that's a whole myriad of issues, which on their own would not be bad, yet combined together, it has created the perfect storm.

I'm going to be away, at a family wedding next weekend and I am gutted. Yet I've see the effort that the fans have put in, however I'm not seeing the same from the board, bar the West Ham game. Unless they are for contractual/investor reasons working tirelessly away and unable to inform us, which I appreciate.
Dagger Steve

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:41 am

Consider this, the club is around 10 days from POTENTIALLY hosting its final ever game at Victoria Road, at least in its current guise - 10 days !!
Where is the big sell. Where is the big push, the plea, the promotions, the PR, the ANYTHING to get people to the game?

We'll all be there for the opening game AFC Dagenham v FC Romania in the ESL come August.
ARNU

I'm actually fed up being fed up.
The battle between a certain section of our support and certain members ( if not all ) of the the board is nauseating and I think damaging. The plethora of people moaning but actually doing sod all themselves is tiring along with this sense of entitlement that just because we have a season ticket or any ticket occasionally we somehow have any rights to be involved in the clubs affairs with an on the hour update of events is also a tad irritating. Apathy is the correct word whoever said it previously. I'm close to not giving a shit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger42

I think at at end of season club is going to release all out of contract players and replace with part time players unless they are secretly in negotiation with someone,
RayleighDagger1986

A part-time squad omly needs a part-time management team. Costs to be reduced throughout the whole club, that includes the MD role!
In all honesty the best way forward is to start from scratch and not with any personal from the current set-up!
Voice of reason

ARNU wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 pm I'm actually fed up being fed up.
The battle between a certain section of our support and certain members ( if not all ) of the the board is nauseating and I think damaging. The plethora of people moaning but actually doing sod all themselves is tiring along with this sense of entitlement that just because we have a season ticket or any ticket occasionally we somehow have any rights to be involved in the clubs affairs with an on the hour update of events is also a tad irritating. Apathy is the correct word whoever said it previously. I'm close to not giving a shit.
Very good post Arnu
stanton101

The official website states that we should all pop down for our last remaining home fixture against Maidenhead as the club needs a financial boost.
I say, go f..k yourself, till you have some manners and a full set of stones to come out and spill the beans as to what is going on.
Pub team from Essex, trust me they're not even at that level!