Pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Seems they've sold all their 1500 allocation and have also been buying tickets in the home end.Dont say I didn't warn ya.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/p ... 67958.aspx
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Yeah its slightly worrying, in a way I'm glad they won yesterday may take away a bit of fuse, think the old bill with spotters and all that will hopefully do their job well and it may turn out our biggest gate ever down at the Vic. To be fair I know it was boxing day but found our trip with them there at Fratton park quite enjoyable other than the result. Could turn out a really exciting match now especially after our low down yesterday and hope all good spirits are kept intact.
Pondfield Dagger

yeah should be a big crowd what with west ham having no game as well..there will be more ob than fans..
matt_drfc

Spoke to our policeman Mark yesterday and he said they're aware of the Pompey fans buying tickets in our end. Hopefully they sort something out so those fans will be able to go in with their own.
Hardy1

ARNU wrote:Seems they've sold all their 1500 allocation and have also been buying tickets in the home end.Dont say I didn't warn ya.

Thanks for warning us, without your knowledge on football hooliganism we would have scooted off down to Victoria Road being none the wiser. I'm sure the club appreciate your assistance as well.
NickMurphy

Portsmouth's forum is an interesting look.
ARNU

Hardy1 wrote:
ARNU wrote:Seems they've sold all their 1500 allocation and have also been buying tickets in the home end.Dont say I didn't warn ya.

Thanks for warning us, without your knowledge on football hooliganism we would have scooted off down to Victoria Road being none the wiser. I'm sure the club appreciate your assistance as well.
Id respect you more in future if you just tell me to stick it up my arse mate rather than using pathetic sarcasm. Clearly others were unaware even if you know its common knowledge.
ARNU

DagenHammer87

This is the problem with these clubs. They don't come in and sit on their hands. I ended up in a barney with a couple of Southampton fans in the league one year.

Reading their forum, I can't see why they're all so up in arms about refusing tickets to people because they used to live in Dagenham - apparently that makes us not a family club - perhaps they should've got their forms in on time and then they'd have the right ticket.

I'm fed up of people thinking that cos we have a bit of a rep for being a family club that we're a soft touch.

Good on the club for cancelling tickets. It's for safety sake. Although I bet they'll be a load of em on the door on the Saturday. Really, this game should've been an all ticket affair.

It'll be a proper own goal if it all kicks off in the sieve next week. Then we'll see how far the family club moniker goes...
matt_drfc

DagenHammer87 wrote:This is the problem with these clubs. They don't come in and sit on their hands. I ended up in a barney with a couple of Southampton fans in the league one year.

Reading their forum, I can't see why they're all so up in arms about refusing tickets to people because they used to live in Dagenham - apparently that makes us not a family club - perhaps they should've got their forms in on time and then they'd have the right ticket.

I'm fed up of people thinking that cos we have a bit of a rep for being a family club that we're a soft touch.

Good on the club for cancelling tickets. It's for safety sake. Although I bet they'll be a load of em on the door on the Saturday. Really, this game should've been an all ticket affair.

It'll be a proper own goal if it all kicks off in the sieve next week. Then we'll see how far the family club moniker goes...
It probably would be wise to make it an all ticket affair. But, personally I haven't got a season ticket but go pretty much every home game and a few aways, I always buy my ticket on the door. By the time I finish work during the week I can't get down there to get a ticket, and I would buy mine online, but I've never done it before so they would probably think I was a Pompey fan. So hopefully it won't be all ticket, otherwise I am ****** lol
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
DagenHammer87 wrote:This is the problem with these clubs. They don't come in and sit on their hands. I ended up in a barney with a couple of Southampton fans in the league one year.

It probably would be wise to make it an all ticket affair. But, personally I haven't got a season ticket but go pretty much every home game and a few aways, I always buy my ticket on the door. By the time I finish work during the week I can't get down there to get a ticket, and I would buy mine online, but I've never done it before so they would probably think I was a Pompey fan. So hopefully it won't be all ticket, otherwise I am ****** lol
Same here if its made all ticket.
SUSSEX DAGGER

To late now in anycase to make it all ticket.

This game was always likely to be the best gate of the season and we have had plenty of time to make arrangements.

We managed it against Milwall two seasons ago with 3 weeks notice so its not that we did not have time.

The Skates should appreciate they are a league two Club now and they are playing smaller Clubs for a reason, thats where they deserve to be playing. With that comes the reality of playing Club at this level and the facilities that encounters.

Dont need any lectures from that bunch of fish fiddlers on how to run a football Club perhaps if they had ran their affairs in a manner that we do ours they perhaps would not be playing Dagenham and Redbridge in a league two game this Saturday.

1500 is 25% of the ground capacity would not get that % if they were playing Liverpool or Man United. Above 1500 and i reckon you would need more Security.Perhaps if Pompey had offered to cover some of this the Clubs could have done a deal , that said you would not want a cheque of them crooks.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:To late now in anycase to make it all ticket.

This game was always likely to be the best gate of the season and we have had plenty of time to make arrangements.

We managed it against Milwall two seasons ago with 3 weeks notice so its not that we did not have time.

The Skates should appreciate they are a league two Club now and they are playing smaller Clubs for a reason, thats where they deserve to be playing. With that comes the reality of playing Club at this level and the facilities that encounters.

Dont need any lectures from that bunch of fish fiddlers on how to run a football Club perhaps if they had ran their affairs in a manner that we do ours they perhaps would not be playing Dagenham and Redbridge in a league two game this Saturday.

1500 is 25% of the ground capacity would not get that % if they were playing Liverpool or Man United. Above 1500 and i reckon you would need more Security.Perhaps if Pompey had offered to cover some of this the Clubs could have done a deal , that said you would not want a cheque of them crooks.
Yeah good point mate it's probably too late. But I'm definitely getting there about 2pm maybe even earlier to make sure I get in!
DagenHammer87

True. Although there would be nothing stopping the club emailing out a print off slip to fans on it's database.

That way they eliminate a lot of people from outside the area - I.E Pompey and still get the opportunity to sell on the day.

I seriously hope we give these a hiding. They are the modern piss takers of the game and I'm glad it blew up in their face (not for the fans) but the fact that they spunked millions up the wall, sold all their best players and didn't reinvest. Their attitude that they would probably walk this league was misguided and now they're seeing how tough this division is.

They cheated and it went bent for them. Should've been expunged from the league a couple of years ago really and made to start again at the bottom
ARNU

Despite their minority of hooligans I still think we should have given them more tickets.Plod will have that element sussed and Im sure the game will pass peacefully.The only downside to giving them more tickets would be it'd be like a home game for them and we don't make any noise at the best of times.It may be that we get a bigger home following though as Portsmouth is a big club and it might get some old faces back over.