Pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

DagenHammer87 wrote:True. Although there would be nothing stopping the club emailing out a print off slip to fans on it's database.

That way they eliminate a lot of people from outside the area - I.E Pompey and still get the opportunity to sell on the day.

I seriously hope we give these a hiding. They are the modern piss takers of the game and I'm glad it blew up in their face (not for the fans) but the fact that they spunked millions up the wall, sold all their best players and didn't reinvest. Their attitude that they would probably walk this league was misguided and now they're seeing how tough this division is.

They cheated and it went bent for them. Should've been expunged from the league a couple of years ago really and made to start again at the bottom
Hear Hear 87. The latest twist is that if Liverpool win the Premiership they kop a million from Glen Johnson transfer. How can it be that their debts died with the last regime but money like this is still payable ? They don't appear to ever hold the shit end of the stick.

Don't buy this feel sorry for the fans bollocks either. They all stood on Southsea Common bringing my life to a bloody halt when they bought the FA Cup. Doubt that any of them half wits would ever qualify for Mensa but it did not need Carol Vorderman to work out the numbers never stacked up.

In relative terms as fans of this Club if we went on a spending spree like they did I know that People would have plenty of concerns and would not wait for it to go tits up before expressing them.
DagenHammer87

Good stuff Sussex.

I'd probably feel the same... Still, they'll out clap us on the day with their webbed hands.

Funny how clubs nearly go to the wall after 'Arry's been and gone isn't it?
USADAGGER nick

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
1500 is 25% of the ground capacity would not get that % if they were playing Liverpool or Man United. Above 1500 and i reckon you would need more Security.Perhaps if Pompey had offered to cover some of this the Clubs could have done a deal , that said you would not want a cheque of them crooks.
Just saying Sussex, I drew Man U at home in Football Manager 12 for a 4th round FA Cup tie (still don't know HOW I got the the 4th round as a Lg2 club), and drew 6673. So I think if we drew Liverpool or Man U we'd get over 1500 away fans lol
Mike the Dagger

USADAGGER nick wrote: 6673
Blimey, where did the extra 673 fans stand/sit/whatever?
matt_drfc

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Was probably possible when we had terracing for away fans.

Btw Nick football manager is not the same as real life. I mean Chris Dickson scored 33 goals in 42 games for me.
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Btw Nick football manager is not the same as real life. I mean Chris Dickson scored 33 goals in 42 games for me.
Never been possible, the away terrace held 1200 same as the current stand.
NickMurphy

I'm still struggling to work out how our record attendance is a shade over 6000; there's barely room to move in the Sieve when we get 3K in!
Mike the Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:I'm still struggling to work out how our record attendance is a shade over 6000; there's barely room to move in the Sieve when we get 3K in!
Record is 5,949, home v Ipswich in the FA Cup 3rd Round, 2002. It was "snug" to say the least.

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8222894
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:Blimey, where did the extra 673 fans stand/sit/whatever?

Never been possible, the away terrace held 1200 same as the current stand.
What I mean is, there isn't an exact amount with terracing unlike seating
ARNU

I was in a crowd at Upton park years ago of 37000 before it was all seater and that was tight.It was either Liverpool or Notts Forest in their glory days with Brian Clough (It was 0-0 if it was forest,I got Tony Woodcocks autograph).Also went to an Arsenal v Liverpool game at Highbury with a gooner mate in the 80's where there were 61000 present(Arse won it 1-0 David Price scored),again it was all terraced back then unless you sat up in the stands.I was in the Arsenal North bank and I aint afraid to say I was quite frightened as you just could not move till the end.Very very claustrophobic.All boring but true! There is no way situations like that would ever be allowed to happen nowadays.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Must have been like a sardine can.

The record attendance is 42,322, against Tottenham Hotspur in a Division One (Old) match on 17 October 1970, when the North and South Banks were terraced, as was the old 'Chicken Run' to the front of the East Stand and the West side terraced along the front of the old West Stand.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
HogansHeros

I was in a 37000 crowd at Portman Rd (Ipswich v Villa in the FA cup) in 1975. Very scary. I ended up about 30 feet away fro my mate and his dad who I went with
SUSSEX DAGGER

NickMurphy wrote:I'm still struggling to work out how our record attendance is a shade over 6000; there's barely room to move in the Sieve when we get 3K in!
Always remember Nick if you stop counting at 3k you will only ever get 3k