Is Saturday our last home game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Article says they have raised the 250.k to get to season.End of season anybody out of contract released anybody sellable sold.Start next season on cheaper /smaller /part-time sqaud. Thommo pushing about being last game in Standard to get crowd up come and see last Dagenham home game ever.
IanC

Not rocket science is it!
Well said that man.
RampantDuke

I still don't understand why we don't just tell the players who have contracts with us that they are not worth the paper they are written on if the club go bust in the summer so they can leave of their own accord and find new clubs in June and we will replace them with a part time/completely amateur team. We don't owe anything to HMRC so nobody is putting pressure on us to go bust. Other clubs run perfectly fine with lower crowds than us so why can't we just carry on but cut our cloth accordingly?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Forrestfan52

I think Mr duke that would open the club up to breach of contract action and claims for wrongful dismissal
RampantDuke

If players start suing the club for breach of contract then maybe that's when the club would have to fold and come back as a different entity. In the meantime surely you negotiate an exit strategy for each player which suits both parties? The football club is a business and when businesses run out of money this is what they do. Employees rarely bother pursuing a case against a business that is never going to be in a position to pay them what they want. Far less hassle to walk away and draw a line under it. As I understand it we are not worth suing because we are broke.....
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
BB-Dagger

dagger4eva wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:13 pm Despite BBDaggers' "bollocks" claims - our MD seems to have other views....

"We are at home to Maidenhead on Saturday and that potentially could be our last ever home game".

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 17271.html

More fantastic promotion here for the man who has made it all possible - cheers Glyn !! :thumbu:
Bollocks was a statement not a claim!
But reading between the lines it seems it could be a marketing ploy by our MD by stating it could be “our last game” but I’m happy to be purchasing a season ticket as soon as they are available, we will be here next year in some form despite Grym hopc#nt.
dagger4eva

Agree completely with duke.

Whilst were at it, although stilly has another year on a contract, hes not in great health, is clearly close to wanting to retire and given how he loves the club, the saving we could make on him walking away now and replacing with a less experienced manager (micah hyde?) would be a tidy amount - what, perhaps a 3rd of stilly's money...
Mark

Yeah someone like Burnett is what we need.
dagger4eva

If it meant the club didnt have to fold then yes.
ARNU

Maybe if still is such a great supporter of the club he'd do it for a reduced salary. When you have enough you don't need anymore.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

ARNU wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 am Maybe if still is such a great supporter of the club he'd do it for a reduced salary. When you have enough you don't need anymore.
This is where my thoughts are right now. If we are to get back on our feet again, we will 100% need Still involved in some capacity. As it has been the players he has plucked out of nowhere that have been keeping us afloat.
RayleighDagger1986

JS could step up and be director of recruitment / scouting.
But lets be honest here, the future of the club must be secured first before this is considered. And as I have said in a previous thread, if a decision to go part-time is made then that must also go with the management team as well.
Dagdale

Still can't understand if we the fan's were't to have a good whip round, we have at a minimum hard core base of a thousand, surely without bending anybody financially just chucking in £100 would raise £100.000, I have not got a clue the manager's exact salary but maybe using this would take the burden off the club to forward these wages as an example for the following hard season to come and we look at other options.
Mike the Dagger

Dagdale wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:05 am Still can't understand if we the fan's were't to have a good whip round, we have at a minimum hard core base of a thousand, surely without bending anybody financially just chucking in £100 would raise £100.000, I have not got a clue the manager's exact salary but maybe using this would take the burden off the club to forward these wages as an example for the following hard season to come and we look at other options.
A decent proportion of our fans moan if a cup of tea goes up 10p!

Let's try something like ditching the early bird discount on season tickets, see how that works.
ARNU

I wonder how many season tickets the club sells at full price anyway, can't be many.I'm sure your idea to drop the early bird price is tongue in cheek Mike , you won't get many takers for that.
Especially when nobody knows what's going on. I don't know if I want to watch part time milkmen and plasterers play less than interesting lower league football. I can already go and watch that at aveley, Thurrock, Hornchurch, grays, Concorde and billericay. I won't though because it's shite. Dagenham becoming/ returning to that dosent excite me at all. No doubt some will criticise me for that but they can pump their time and money into that if they want.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !