Guiseley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

For anyone contemplating making the trip tonight, all season ticket holders can get in for just £5 - you just need to take it with you and show on the gate.
Daggernewbie

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 am For anyone contemplating making the trip tonight, all season ticket holders can get in for just £5 - you just need to take it with you and show on the gate.
Well I know there be at least nine supporters going tonight hopefully we will bump into a few more.
Dagdale

Well done to little Guiseley, fine club, heads must be really low at Nethermoor for quite some while and finally getting relegated a couple of nights back and a life in the Conference North coming up, tried twice with this game and there pitch was unplayable for so long, very frustrating but just couldn't push it again tonight, good luck and well down to the fans on route, I hear they're well stirred up not to finish bottom so our boys might be in for some game tonight.
Newdaggersfan

This is what happens when you don’t leave 1 of the best strikers in league on the bench. Especially after turning down moves to stay!
DevonDagger

Newdaggersfan wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm This is what happens when you don’t leave 1 of the best strikers in league on the bench. Especially after turning down moves to stay!
I think scoring a couple goals again long-time relegated Guiseley should be taken for what it is.

I really like Cheeky and he's been reasonably good, but no more than a 7/10 season for me. Ferrier, when we had him - and Bloomfield after, were in much better form imo.

I haven't seen anyone on here tout him for player of the season, and given most half-season contenders left in February, it probably speak volumes.
daggersjeff

Good defensive game tonight then lol!!
RM1Dagger

Yes, fair play to Cheek but perspective needed against a dire, already relegated team

He hasn't been the same since that injury and played his better games with Ferrier. Other than a great (albeit fruitless) sub appearance at Dover I don't recall him having many decent games.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Newdaggersfan

Was on fire before the injury and then was rushed back after the operation due to the poor form of the team. Was then subjected to bids from other teams which is never easy to deal with.

Tonight he scored 3 goals which is the same amount as Bloomfield has scored all season and Cheek has been on the bench for the past couple of months which must’ve effected his confidence coming in to this match

Been saying for a while now why play Bloomfield who is leaving at the end of the season? when a top conference striker who turned down moves is not getting a game.

For the record Cousins is my player of the season he has been phenomenal. Fey has only performed half a season. Ferrier was a selfish player IMO and jumped ship