Maidenhead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Thought we looked good for spells today, but performance dropped massively after Luke Howell was substituted.

Well deserved player of the year for Mark Cousins considering he came into the season as second choice keeper!

And a sneaky win at Macc with other results going our way, could see us nip a play off space!!
ARNU

Dunno how Luke Howell dosent ever get a full game. Far more busy than most , can do a bit of everything and can score a goal or two.

Maidenhead were poor, nowhere near as good as they were in the away game. Nothing to play for I spose.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

Their goalkeeper made three excellent saves which made the score more respectable for Maidenhead, for me they looked quite poor considering their league position, once again the referee was amazingly shit in the second half missing or ignoring blatant handball and constant holding by the centre half but a well deserved win in the end, well done to all the award winners as well, Cousins especially. Looking forward to next season COYD
A S dagger97

ARNU wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:19 pm Dunno how Luke Howell dosent ever get a full game. Far more busy than most , can do a bit of everything and can score a goal or two.

Maidenhead were poor, nowhere near as good as they were in the away game. Nothing to play for I spose.
The Unsung player of the season surely
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
RayleighDagger1986

Spoke to Luke after the game in the clubhouse briefly and he doesn't know either
SUSSEX DAGGER

How on earth did Cheek get MOM. Apart from the goal all he did was fall on his arse.Yet another one on one and he missed again. How many is that now ?

Went a bit flat again second half and like others dont get this continued substitution of Luke Howell , hopefully we see him again as he is a true Dagger

Great efforr fron the lads ,two long trips in a week that had 4 games ,to win three is a great effort.

Left today with us still having a chance of a playoff spot , but also thinking if only.
RM1Dagger

Yes, I thought Cheek MoM was strange. His goal apart I thought he had a bit of a mare .. Maidenhead probably worst team I've seen but it is the end of the season and they're comfortably mid table.

Few of our idiots giving it to those in fancy dress and more idiots on the pitch (straight out of nursery school) winding them up by pinching a mask and then it almost got ugly. Although I think their fans should of not come on the pitch.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

We should have won 5 nil and they could have had no complaints. Really bad side but I guess they've all knocked off for summer. The 7 they took off at half time and the left back were particularly dreadful.

Last third of the game was boring as hell as we ran out of gas.

Also don't know why Cheek was mom. Good goal but missed another great chance and looked lethargic. I know he's scored a fair few goals but he shifts his weight slower than Lee Goodwin on a fat day, and often looks like he will lose his footing doing so.
Adrian

Not sure who MOM should have gone to. Couldn't really give it to any of the defenders as that would suggest they had to do some real defending.
Cousins had next to nothing to do.
Robinson and Howell worked hard but didn't make much happen. Boucaud was dreadful.
Sparkes was erratic. Fejiri didn't really do much.
Cheek ended up with one thing to set him out but should have had 3 in the first half.

One of those games where's it's almost better to just not bother.

We did play some decent stuff but large parts of the game seemed to be a competition to see who could be worse, with the officials managing to achieve that particular honour. Not a hard game to referee but two of them had a go and we're both dreadful.
DaggerJoel11

Not the greatest of spectacles but nice to sign off at home with a win and clean sheet which continues our improved form in recent weeks. In a game where neither team seemed too interested, we obviously had the edge and created some good openings. Cheek's header was clinical and while he went on to miss other chances, I thought he done well to get into good positions. Onto Macclesfield then and with them already up, hopefully we can nick something. To be just two points off the players with a week left after all that's happened is a testament to the courage of the team.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Maidenhead played like the part time team they are when the result did not matter for them.

At least it looked like we all got together on the pitch, some a little earlier than others :blush2:
NickMurphy

Big fan of the number of vintage shirts on display around the ground. Should make that a yearly thing last home game of the season.