Beyond Embarassing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dreadull take Doe out of our defence and we ate tottally and utterly clueless. Last time we paired Shah and Wilkinson together at Bristol Rovers it was the same.

1 nil down and we take of the biggest goal threat we have for no other reason then the Manager thought he was useless.

There is one reason why we are safe step forward Scott Doe.

With one or two exceptions tottally and utter garbage.
ARNU

How Wilkinson stayed on more than 5 minutes I'll never know.Useless.Why take off shields as well ?? Apart from Abs I thought he was the only other player who wanted to play.Like I said before,we get a big gate and a great new offer on Season tickets next year then we play like that.Worst performance of the season.Far too much hoof creeping back in.

Only fair to say,although pretty ineffective I thought Dicko had a good game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

So bad, but the best team won. Players weren't up for it, couldn't string a pass together and just no urgency at all. Today we saw how important Scott Doe is, Wilko was useless. I like Medy but he was shocking bottled every challenge, couldn't make a simple pass and the game just passed him by. Can't see why we try to adapt to the opposition's tactics when we can't do it, our players are clearly not suited to long ball football, so why hoof it when they have 2 big ****** at the back? Abs once again showed why he is captain, never stops.

Very poor, Play-offs definitely over.
matt_drfc

Oh yeah, Shields and Dickson done well, might aswell just start them now.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Terrible. 4-1 flattered us massively.

Wilkinson and Saah can't play together. Connors was poor, D'Ath was poor, Elito was largely his usual self, Dickson did nothing, Azeez was rubbish.
The only player we had a with a bit of attacking threat in Shields was hardly given the ball and got taken off.
Hoyte didn't do anything wrong and Ogogo and Howell worked their nuts off again but were overrun.

Did we really have no idea how they'd be set up, as that was what it looked like.
Once again our subs made little sense.

We got taught a lesson today, hopefully well learn from it and realise that we need to move the ball forward quickly instead of going sideways like we do.
steeevooo

That was beyond dreadful.

Take Doe out of defence and the defence looks lost. Take Hines out of the midfield, and the midfield largely looks lost for an outlet. Take Murphy out of attack and we look lost for someone to actually pose a threat. Have Lewy doing erratic things per the fourth goal, and a liability is always there.

If that is the basis of our squad for next season, then we are in trouble.
Dagger Steve

I agree the scoreline flattered us. Utter dogshit. Cant even credit Portsmouth with playing well. Just gave them the ball, as much space as they wanted and didnt win anything all game.
I bet they couldnt believe their luck.
chasthedagger

What the hell was that, the chairman must be pulling his hair out how many new season ticket holders will that ( I was going to call it a performance but it could not be classed as that) crap bring in.
In my opinion there was only 3 players who can justify picking up their wage packet howell, abu and hoyte.
Lewington wont come for crosses, wont come of his line hesitates, both central defenders were very poor, sorry Wilkinson didnt even reach that height, Elito non exsistent, De ath worst ive seen him, Shields on that performance not good enough didnt go past anyone and his fault for third goal ( what a strike though) Dickson might be a big lump but goalscorer not in a million years. Why the hell did Burnett take Norris off very poor, if it was tactical poor preperation. Maybe it was seen as a pointless game for both the Manager and the players it looked that way.
Under the trade descriptions act we should have money refunded going to see what my credit card company say im claiming goods not recieved.
leewilson

Everything was wrong today. I don't even know where to start.

Just a point on Shields. He did make a balls up for their 3rd goal. I concur though that he didn't get many opportunities on the ball as our team were berift of any ability to actually control and pass the bloody thing.

People before me have covered everything else really. F'sake Dagenham.
matt_drfc

I honestly think Pompey played well, the pace in their attacks was terrifying at times normally starting with the keeper, his distribution was class! But they were clearly up for the game and we weren't
leewilson

matt_drfc wrote:I honestly think Pompey played well, the pace in their attacks was terrifying at times normally starting with the keeper, his distribution was class! But they were clearly up for the game and we weren't
Completely agree but there's been times this season where we've played very well yet haven't won 4-1 because the opposition have dug in against us. We made it far too easy and showed little comradery in attempting to stop them.
Daggers No 2 Fan

I'm not sure they played well. It was so easy for them as we have them so much space and time.
Shields did make a mistake for their 3rd, but then there were mistakes by more experienced palers for the others.
Did he not also play a part in our goal winning a header initially for the first shot?
matt_drfc

Yeah we made it far too easy, but they still had to take advantage. But our players seem to crumble in big games unfortunately. Whilst Still was in charge, we always did well against the big teams. Maybe we're lacking some motivators in the dressing room but it's not a disaster
ARNU

Now can we please play Seabright in goal.Untouchable lewy,I bet he starts the next game.Also why cant Hoyte take a bloody throw in ? 7 mins of extra time 1st and 2nd half,I bet 5 of 'em were for Hoytes timewasting with all the throw ins.

I know Ive already had my say but PISS POOR DAGENHAM !!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

matt_drfc wrote:Yeah we made it far too easy, but they still had to take advantage. But our players seem to crumble in big games unfortunately. Whilst Still was in charge, we always did well against the big teams. Maybe we're lacking some motivators in the dressing room but it's not a disaster
I think it's more down to the characters we have at the club. We appear to have genuinely hard working nice players but I think we lack a bit of guts, grit and definitely experience at times. Out of our squad, the only ones I'd want on my side in a real football scrap are Ogogo, Doe and possibly Howell. The team that came up from the Conference would have wiped the floor with ours today. Robbo, Rainford, Arber, Saunders, Sloma, Benson, CMS. Some real grit and determination there. Fast forward to Still mk2 and you still have Arber, Robbo and Benson but add to that Doe, Ogogo, Vincelot, Gain, Green etc.

I look at today: Connors, Hoyte, Medy, D'Ath, Dickson, Shields etc. A fair bit of talent there but are they warriors? Do they dig in or are they players who excel when the going is good? Dickson aside, these players are all very young. Perhaps they need a bit of time to develop and learn from their mistakes. Either way, I think it calls out that we need a bit of honest lower league experience in the summer. Players who know this level, still have the desire to achieve in their football career and will compliment/put their arms around our other players in times of need. Not easy to find but there will be some out of contract in the summer.