Beyond Embarassing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

What a shambles of a day, all season since the fixtures came out I've been looking forward for us to 'raise our game' against this lot, a pretty passionate and ex premiership side and at 3.07 do not come out of the traps! Thought the team selection was a bit iffy and maybe easy said now but wouldn't we have preferred Gayle in again for Doe? Whats Wilko heading back like that for their second goal, sheer crazy? Pompey from the first five minutes were hungry for it and hitting the post in what must be the first 10 minutes would have sent most teams in a wake-up mode, but we just couldn't get it together. Feel quite frustrated and wondering whether spending 3 days down Torquay is a good thing now especially as they won away today with Northampton, can we go down on 54???
NickMurphy

Everything that I'd like to say has already been said above. Annoying, frustrating and a bit pathetic that in the two games this season the supporters have been up for, we've rolled over and crumbled to pieces. I didn't think we could play any worse than in the away game at Fratton Park, but we surpassed ourselves today.

Regardless of how good Portsmouth were, we just didn't look up for it. Think Wayne had a bit of a mare today as well, agreed with the tactical change 15 minutes in but taking off Norris instead of Dickson all but ended any chance we had of getting anything from it. Dickson hadn't done anything wrong, but if you're looking for a goal, certainly in a game with few chances, I'd be more inclined to think Norris is the likely striker to get it. Bringing Azeez on with 20 to play just finished it off for me, didn't offer anything. Vague hope at 2-1 and if that one that had hit the post went in just before time and it goes to 2-2, who knows?

Ultimately, we totally deserved what we got today, and if it ended 6 or 7-1 to Pompey which quite frankly it could have done, you'd have no complaints from me that it was the correct scoreline.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What makes it even more embarrassing is that our Centre Forwards were up against a 17 year old kid in the heart of the Portsmouth(spit) defence and he made them look stupid.

It can only be a matter of conjecture who out of Dickson and Azeez as to who is the biggest dud since Tomlin.
NickMurphy

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:What makes it even more embarrassing is that our Centre Forwards were up against a 17 year old kid in the heart of the Portsmouth(spit) defence and he made them look stupid.

It can only be a matter of conjecture who out of Dickson and Azeez as to who is the biggest dud since Tomlin.
We didn't throw much at him, but what he did have to deal with, he dealt with it well - looked a decent player. And at 17 is younger than me, which is bloody scary.

Irony is I reckon Tomlin would have fitted well into a side under Burnett.
Mark

We were on the back foot and had to go to one up front as they were bossing the midfield. Norris doesn't do anywhere near enough in those situations, not great at holding it up and doesn't work particularly hard. For all his faults Dickson does stop the ball coming straight back a bit more. He's still pretty poor though.

Tbh we have been waiting for a hiding for a few weeks. We pass the ball so slowly and nobody moves. Pompey are the first side to recognise this and press us. We had no answer to it. They wanted it more and they had a game plan. We looked like we were on our holidays.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Now can we please play Seabright in goal.Untouchable lewy,I bet he starts the next game.Also why cant Hoyte take a bloody throw in ? 7 mins of extra time 1st and 2nd half,I bet 5 of 'em were for Hoytes timewasting with all the throw ins.

I know Ive already had my say but PISS POOR DAGENHAM !!!
Other that for the sake of you being predictable, I can't see why you'd pick out Lewington above any other player to be dropped after that.
dagger4eva

Cba to give my view of yesterdays events as if that was a team whos manager swore would give absolutely everything to the last second of the season then id hate to see a team who had taken their foot off the gas.

Anyway, l just wanted to respond to the throw in comment. I actually dont believe its hoytes failing at all in this area. Its just every single damn time we get a throw it takes a single player an absolute age to make anything that can be remotely deemed as a run, getting in some space or mkaing himself availavle to receive the throw. That is the only reason Hoyte stands for 15-20 seconds per throw with the ball raised above his head! Frustrating .... amongst several other things! Booooo
Diggerthedog

Agree with all the comments above. Complete shambles from the first minute when they should have scored. Looks like the lads are on holiday already and to be fair they have worked hard all season and can't fault what they have done previous. No doubt we have missed Rhys the last couple of months with the way we play his runs in behind are not there from the other options.

Hardly any extra home fans yesterday playing a Side like that not sure we will ever get higher gates Unless we are at the top.
Chigwellian

The players play like that, because that's how they are coached.... Simples!
leewilson

Dickson wasn't actually THAT bad yesterday. If people want to pick on him, use a different game as an example. He played Medy in for our goal. Linked up a few times nicely in the 2nd half with intelligent passes. His control was still pretty awful including one chest which bounced about 10 yards back towards our goal and he did nothing in terms of running and committing their defence bar one flick over the defenders head in the corner 2nd half before their guy thumped it out for a corner. However, it shows how poor we were yesterday because a 6/10 performance was one of our best players. It beats his normal effort of 4-5/10 though.
TheLion

Whatever we try with ticket pricing, the home supporters will continue to diminish with performances liked we witnessed yesterday.

I was embarrassed by the team but especially, our manager. There is a difference between motivation and bullying from the touchline, and all we saw yesterday was ranting and raving, typical of a bully.

Taking out the unusual game against Scunthorpe, we have scored 6 goals at home since Dec 1st,
No wonder we are losing fans!

If we played like Portsmouth did yesterday, it would at least encourage our old and new fans to return, but I honestly feel that the locals do not really care whether we are non league or league 2.
NickMurphy

I didn't disagree with the tactical change, I just disagreed with who was replaced. As I said, Dickson didn't do anything wrong yesterday but on the whole I reckon Norris is a bigger goalthreat than Dickson, and as such should have been kept on.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote:Now can we please play Seabright in goal.Untouchable lewy,I bet he starts the next game.Also why cant Hoyte take a bloody throw in ? 7 mins of extra time 1st and 2nd half,I bet 5 of 'em were for Hoytes timewasting with all the throw ins.

I know Ive already had my say but PISS POOR DAGENHAM !!!
Other that for the sake of you being predictable, I can't see why you'd pick out Lewington above any other player to be dropped after that.
If you actually read what I've written instead of what you want to think I've said for once you'd see I already picked out Wilkinson to be dropped in an earlier post. Fool !

As for being predictable,maybe, but you are far more predictable than Im ever likely to be,with all your antagonism.Its not just me either.You are no Adrian though,at least he believed his own shit and it was his own opinions.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote: Anyway, l just wanted to respond to the throw in comment. I actually dont believe its hoytes failing at all in this area. Its just every single damn time we get a throw it takes a single player an absolute age to make anything that can be remotely deemed as a run, getting in some space or mkaing himself availavle to receive the throw. That is the only reason Hoyte stands for 15-20 seconds per throw with the ball raised above his head! Frustrating .... amongst several other things! Booooo
I think he dosent rush to get the ball away in the 1st place,the other team regroup so that gives him less chance to deliver it.I will say this for John Stills sides,we got that ball back into play immediately almost every time.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !