Player of the year.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Even when we've been poor (or shit like today)for me there is only one stand out player this season.

Abu Ogogu. Scott Doe a close 2nd and then I struggle to find a 3rd.None of the others have been consistant enough.

Theres been improvement in others but there can surely be no other contender.I'll laugh if Murphy gets it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

I was saying this earlier. Mine would be Ogogo, Doe, Murphy
NickMurphy

Probably go for Doe.

Bar his episode at Wycombe last weekend I can't fault him this season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

After the shambles yesterday,Mansfield and the start at Bristol Rovers If we never had Scott Doe we would have been relegated.
leewilson

Toss up between Doe and Ogogo. I'm not holding Doe's read against him. It was a moment of madness. Abu has been sent off before for similar tackles of madness.

Both have been huge influences. Ogogo has contributed around 10 goals I'm guessing which for a largely combative midfielder is excellent. His effort and leading by example has been second to none.

Doe, bar the odd back pass, has been 8-9/10 all year. He's my favourite player at the club. We look rubbish defensively without him. Perhaps Wilkinson/Saah just doesn't work as a partnership but we're rubbish whenever they're together. I haven't forgot Oxford away either where for the first 40 minutes, they looked like schoolboys at the back. I refuse to believe Wilkinson is a rubbish player now. He needs a full pre season behind him as he's not had a run of games this year. However, I do think he was overhyped a touch last year. We were rubbish remember and he did well but perhaps a few thunderbolts he hit from 25-30 yards clouded the mind a bit. He did alright for a debut season but building upon that is a different story. Next season will be the telling year for his career.

If I had to choose a POTY, Ogogo 1st, Doe 2nd. Just.
mickeyblue

ogogo, doe, hines/murphy. i think is stonewall.

young player is conners,

biggest flop hmmmmm woodhall
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

I expect it will be Abu... but my personal vote would go to Doe
Richie

1. Murphy - He was top scorer in the league remember!
2. Doe
3. Abu
ARNU

I get Doe,he is a worthy contender and id be happy for him to win it too.But how can Murphy be a player of the season when he didn't play for a quarter of it and in many of the games when he didn't score was a bit anonymous and couldn't jump or head the ball either.Zavon clearly thinks he's above it all,turning down a new contract under the delusion that he'll ever be a championship player again,Im sure the offers will be flooding in for the injured prima donna.I am so sorry vindelot,you were right on that one(****** that hurt).

So Doe...yes that wouldn't be a bad choice,his best season ever with us,solid and consistant with no chance of me calling him Clumsy ever again but consider these points about Abs,changed position(Despite us all not liking the idea,I was certainly wrong on that one),scored shit loads of goals from midfield,must be more goals than Hines now and pretty much given 200% every single game this season (again).Goes in hard never injured unlike others who fart and break their own leg on a regular basis.A true battler and worthy captain.Abs for King !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !