Getting More Local Daggers Through The Turnstyles

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

You’ve be around/regular for what 10 years and it’s our first sticky patch in terms of finance (it happens lots at this level surprised it’s taken us this long)and now you’re legging it. Make all the excuses you want you’re turning your back on it all.

If we sell around 700/800 season tickets we reach the £150k shortfall, so yes your money will certainly count. Everyone I know with one is renewing so not sure where you get your over half not renewing nonsense from.
ARNU

You obviously get more from it than me, I just watch the football. For you it's where you hang out with your mates, drink there and probably go to all the functions and stuff. It probably is a bigger part of your life than it is mine. You're even involved to a degree in all the politics so I'd be the first to concede it matters more to you. But as it's just the football for me you might well understand my reluctance.(my knob is huge though lol).
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Fair enough, come on Arnu Renew you know you want too!
NickMurphy

Well done to the club for listening RE Junior Supporters' pricing.

Looking around the forum on Thursday - and this is not meant to cause offence to anyone - but our supporter base isn't getting any younger. While the short-term survival of the club is important, it's equally important we plant the seeds for young supporters to be able to come and watch us for years to come.

There isn't a great deal of younger support that follows on from 16 up until 21 and beyond which will ultimately become the lifeblood of the club in years to come. I know this change in pricing isn't for that age bracket, but it's a small step in making sure we actually have a younger generation of supporters that are able to follow the club in years to come.
triplescarf

As someone who lives quite a way away (an hours drive) I can't guarantee I'll get to every home game, so a season ticket isn't going to be economically viable for me.

However, on the subject of new blood, my son is 12 - I've taken him to 4 games in the last couple of seasons, and as I only have him 50% of the week, and every other weekend, it's also not practical to buy him a season ticket. I still intend on taking him to as many games as I can this coming season (and perhaps some away games) but like Arnu, I'm there for the football. The politics and the rest of the shenanigans are embarrassing. I was a season ticket holder for multiple seasons from 1990 onwards, and to see moron 'fans' do what they've done to the club makes me so sad. I want to take my boy to a ground where there is a good atmosphere to watch a game of football, nothing more, and it seems, increasingly, that it's too much to ask. If the mood is toxic after the first few games, I won't take him there anymore.
hockley dagger

Pricing is an interesting one. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference but my lad tells me at Millwall under 16s pay £49; 16 - 18 £99. Concessions - £149 include a young adult rate - 18-24 - which catches students, apprentices etc and over 60s. Adults pay £289. That's for championship football. I guess the bottom line is we're strapped for cash so I can't see us moving to anything like this.
Diggerthedog

Premiership clubs and Championship clubs can afford to offer low prices due to TV money.

I still think the cub should have looked at the Sutton model on season tickets.
OBD

Thompson should have a look at what Orient are doing to get season ticket holders to renew and bring new fans in. Cash back for season ticket holders who bring friends and family; promotions, events and competitions throughout the season; discounts for kids, students, the emergency services and armed forces, young people, old people.

https://www.leytonorient.com/tickets/season-tickets/
@OfficialBigDave