Applications invited for 1st team manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

We have to move forward in some capacity. I just dont think appointing someone associated with the club 15 years ago is necessarily the right choice now.
I would like to see Culverhouse given a go following his good season at Kings Lynn. Thats assuming he'll apply!
bloke down the pub

Give the job to Tommo.
Alan

IanC wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 pmHave a day off
A well reasoned response.
Dagdale

If we had a bit of kitty money left for picking the right guy put full weight on seeing if Brackley Town would be open to offers for Kevin Wilkin, just looked what his done for them last couple of seasons, good age and his certainly going in the right direction, I too think Ian Culverhouse wouldn't be a bad move, a few steps down the pyramid but regenerated Kings Lynn Town so much in just one season, think like most though its probably going in Hill's favour and would calm the storm I'm sure.
DagenHammer87

I think Mark Yates would be a good fit if we could get him.

Surely even in our current predicament there's a bigger opportunity and playing budget than hes currently working on at Solihull Moors.

When we played them at home around February time, they had real spirit - not too dissimilar to how we used to have that "up and at 'em" attitude.

Failing that, I've won tons on Champ Man and ran the amateur works team; so I might have to chuck my hat in the ring! :thumbu:
MR P

Would love to see Hill back if not then someone who knows the lower divisions like Quinton from Braintree or my other choices would be Culverhouse or Rose from Dulwich
HGDagger

We could always hire Gary Singh
Daggernewbie

Why do we always live in the past with managers Gary Hill & John Still we should have got new blood in when we dropped out of the league now we have the chance even if we stay here for another season or two ( if there still a club ).
DevonDagger

You see it so often from supporters of all clubs that when an experienced manager departs, they'll often want someone 'young, fresh and with a point to prove''. Then when that goes wrong they want someone who is 'experienced, back to basics and knows the league', then back to the young manager when that goes wrong!
Daggernewbie

DevonDagger wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 am You see it so often from supporters of all clubs that when an experienced manager departs, they'll often want someone 'young, fresh and with a point to prove''. Then when that goes wrong they want someone who is 'experienced, back to basics and knows the league', then back to the young manager when that goes wrong!
Very true personally I didn`t want John back in the first place.
RayleighDagger1986

Daggernewbie wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:09 pm
DevonDagger wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 am You see it so often from supporters of all clubs that when an experienced manager departs, they'll often want someone 'young, fresh and with a point to prove''. Then when that goes wrong they want someone who is 'experienced, back to basics and knows the league', then back to the young manager when that goes wrong!
Very true personally I didn`t want John back in the first place.
Same here. Happy for John to steady the ship till the summer (2016) and then step aside.
Dagdale

From where we've arrived now after a pretty painful period is the time to start the slow haul upwards and this stage now getting the right coach in and a hard long strategy to at last make this work. What has any of us got to lose by picking an absolute newbie to National League Premier? a coach who a) wants this job desperately and to prove his worthiness b) someone who knows he has to put together a team with quite low funds as well as probably being paid far from a lucrative salary. c) Get very good cohesion again between everyone involved in the club and stable it and finally d) In return could come out an absolute hero and I honestly believe along with many other fans I've spoken too over the months they'd be a good few who'd jump at the chance, surely can we afford to mess this up now.