Start spreading the word

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

The Daggers are asking for help. Spread this far and wide.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-LDqUhcVEnOmfm655Fpc

Time to pull together now.
dagger4eva

The plea doesnt exactly seem to have attracted much sympathy from the Conference forum

http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/thread/61185

"We're busy actually right now signing up even more players on top of the existing commitments we have, but can you pay for it for us

10/10 for pisstake value."
Diggerthedog

They have a point, why did we resign players when we have no money. It’s all very amateurish but no suprise.
Mark

Can't blame them. Were it another club I'd be taking the piss too.
BarkingRambo

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that when we went to the National League and told them we would be competing next year we had to prove we had enough players for a first 11 and some subs so that's why we extended some contracts. However if I were an outsider I can see why it would seem odd.
Mike the Dagger

I'd guess the appeal isn't aimed at the hardened cynics at the Conference forum TBH, but hey, lets slag off every effort to keep the club going in the hope we go bust and can kick out the current regime and start again in the Essex Senior League (in 2019/20 now).
Dagman1992

Someone seems to have upset the Clubs' new Press Officer...
Attachments
taking-advantage.jpg
lupins

The usual suspects on here seen incapable of understanding an alternate point of view
I would think resigning a player is a technicality which will result in a fee being obtained when they leave
RayleighDagger1986

I am assuming that most of the squad are available for transfer if the right offer comes along.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 am I'd guess the appeal isn't aimed at the hardened cynics at the Conference forum TBH, but hey, lets slag off every effort to keep the club going in the hope we go bust and can kick out the current regime and start again in the Essex Senior League (in 2019/20 now).
Every effort would mean handing over the full percentage of shares they were given for free not just 5.5%, it’s all very strange. If you look at all those they have left already from the salaries saved and the fees that have been received it makes you wonder how big the hole is and is it really money going towards that or chance for some to recoup money before it does go pop.

I’ve have made my donation with the £40 season ticket rise, nothing more will be coming from me.
Dagman1992

People will recall, not that long ago, Mr. MBE gave himself a payrise and continues to draw a very healthy salary.

Given the cutbacks and redundancies being made, I look forward to the next announcement that he will be aiding current "efforts" by taking a paycut.
Mark

I'm pretty uneasy about getting the begging bowl out to fund a rather healthy team.

There are several things that could happen at this stage. We could sell half the existing squad meaning income and reduced liabilities. We could get an investor who takes on the current liabilities with a view to creating a sustainable club over time.

If we end up keeping most of the squad, add a handful more and finish away from the relegation places I'd feel like we took that money under false pretences from people in good faith. I guess I want to see departures and a cheaper squad before we start this avenue.
lupins

There is no point waiting till we are totally on our uppers if that may happen
The more we can attempt to maintain a level the more chance of increased revenue perhaps
We know more players will go there is no point waiting. It isn't a begging bowl people can either give or they won't.
I would say 39K isn't the worst effort and if you think how much has been raised or cut I don't think anyone could say we are doing nothing except rely on generosity
BarkingRambo

It seems the campaign is gaining some momentum on Twitter and BBC have released an article. Currently being shared or retweeted by Doidge, Hemmings, Worral, Justin Hoyte, Danny Green, Ollie Lee, Paul Konckesky, Chris Moore, BBC Commentator Charlie Slater, Stacey Solomon, West Ham's official page and that is just the ones they are showing at the moment. Whether they have given anything or not who knows but it is good to see some people with bits of influence especially ex players rallying round to try and spread the word.
yozdagger

Dagman1992 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:34 pm People will recall, not that long ago, Mr. MBE gave himself a payrise and continues to draw a very healthy salary.

Given the cutbacks and redundancies being made, I look forward to the next announcement that he will be aiding current "efforts" by taking a paycut.
THIS. All I read about is cutbacks on staff everywhere - but oddly nothing about cutbacks in the "upper" areas. If ST was really serious about it being a joint effort he would volunteer a pay cut. Dagman1992 is spot on..... until that happens, sorry but I am not putting in a penny to help. Otherwise might as well rename the campaign "Save Thommo's Salary".