And the Daggers new manager is...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggerChris

Given the state the club is in Financially, dont think the fans can be too disheartened by the appointment.

May be one of the only ones but i feel its a decent appointment for the situation.

Terry coming back is a major plus for me.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hell of an appointment , should have done it two years ago instead of trying to boil the same cabbage twice.

Any Dagger not delighted by this should get their heads look at .
RayleighDagger1986

Is it a joint management team?
Or is Peter Taylor the manager and Terry Harris assistant?
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:14 pm Is it a joint management team?
Or is Peter Taylor the manager and Terry Harris assistant?
I had assumed Harris was assistant, but it isn't worded clearly. Flapper has never shown an inclination to want the main job in the past though, why would he now?

What is pretty clear is that they "have joined the Club in the full knowledge of the situation", so they won't be looking for mega bucks to spend and I'd guess are on a lot less than Still and his many coaches were.
Diggerthedog

Fantastic Terry is back.
rebeldagger

Local and national media is reporting it as a joint managerial team, yet that may be owing to how the statement has been worded.
NBDag

Bloody good news that. Even better when it felt to me like we wax actually going to bring in that arse Hayerettin. Wasn’t expecting Terry to come back which is a massive bonus, someone to keep the Daggers spirit in the side. Good job by the board with this.
lupins

Wishing then both well

That's very encouraging all things considered and let's not forget we have a Daggers man through and through and someone who has managed England

Little surge just now it's been a while but I think it may have been optimism
daggersjeff

I think its an excellent choice! Terry knows the club inside out and also had privy to Still's non league contacts. Peter Taylor brings league experience, with him and I would suggest this is a long term project to get us back into the football league.

The sun is breaking through the rain clouds :punk:
Pondfield Dagger

great appointment, well done the club!
rebeldagger

The appointment is bound to generate local and national interest, which can only be a good thing. May mean more feet through the gate and make the club more attractive to a potential investor.

The board have done well here, credit where it is due, to get Harris back on board is undoubtedly a good move and with the experience that Taylor brings is a step in the right direction.

However, having said that we can't ignore the position we're in, and now is the time to back the club.
Auntie Merge

Great appointment and I hope that those sitting on the fence as regards season tickets now go and buy one.
A S dagger97

Is anyone a bit sceptical I'm hearing these gills fans knocking Taylor for his defensive choice of tactics. Not my views BTW, I'm just putting in there.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DI Mike Dashwood

Considering the situation this is an astounding appointment!!! Anyone not pleased needs their head testing.

Peter Taylor has a mixed record in club management. Good spells at Leicester and Brighton and Hull, mixed spells at other clubs (such as Southend). But the bloke was one of the most successful U21s managers in World football history, has taken charge of the full National Squad and is tremendously well respected across all levels of football. Whether this works out or not you can never tell. It may all go wrong, but baring in mind the sort of names we all probably thought were genuinely in the frame, this is great news.

And then there is Terry Harris!!! Forget Mr "This Is My Club", this man is Dagenham through and through as much as anyone. Three previous spells as Assistant, and of course a player of much distinction for the Club over many years, and a man who knows non league football like the back of his hand. Not only that, but he has just come off the back of taking a very unfashionable club to the brink of the Football League on what I would imagine was about half the budget our previous management team had. Again, you can't guarantee things will work out, but I think this is great news. Not only that, but Terry Harris is an absolute Gent, always on hand to chat with supporters in the bar, and has an affinity with the area. I always remember after a 0-0 draw at Donnie during Mr Hill's reign, Terry waiting at Kings X to thank all the supporters for travelling as they got off the train.

I hope people will give the Board due credit for these appointments, whatever else has been said (rightly or wrongly) in recent months. And I hope everyone now gets behind all involved for now (even you Arnu, and once you have your ST we can prep the hat)!!!