Transfer news

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:09 pm Missing the point Devon Dagger.

The minute the board put out the begging bowl is the minute they owed it to those buying in to this plan to be more open.

We are only hearing the downside of everything
On the contrary I do understand what you mean regarding transparency regarding our donation 'goal'. For example if we had a large anonymous donation which the club refused to reveal the amount (if not the party who donated) then certainly I would agree with you.

I said before though, the 'undisclosed' term of a deal is typically from the buying club. All of the departures in February were undisclosed as well, it's not exactly a new practice.
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 pm I cant agree Sussex though I am all for openness in general revealing some think will weaken our position in the transfer area

If we got a massive fee we are still in the mire if we got peanuts no point alerting others to that fact
So half the team gone in the past six months

Well publicised friendly held

Auction of memerobellia

Manager walked out because we cant pay him

SSSSSHHH dont want anybody knowing we are in the doo doo financally
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:18 pm
lupins wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 pm I cant agree Sussex though I am all for openness in general revealing some think will weaken our position in the transfer area

If we got a massive fee we are still in the mire if we got peanuts no point alerting others to that fact
So half the team gone in the past six months

Well publicised friendly held

Auction of memerobellia

Manager walked out because we cant pay him

SSSSSHHH dont want anybody knowing we are in the doo doo financally
So, if we got £10k for him, you want that publicised so that any other club that might have any interest in other players will then know what we took for our most valuable player and so offer below that.
Whereas if they don't know they will probably make better offers.
lupins

Exactly
Mark

Various people, the player and the agents involved will know the details. People in football will therefore be able to price our players relatively against this fee, undisclosed or not. Making it undisclosed will have zero effect on whether our players get poached and how much for. I can only imagine Shrews don't want everyone knowing.
DagenhamDan

Might seem totally naive of me but is it at all possible Shrewsbury didn't want to reveal the amount as they purposely overpaid?
A S dagger97

So would there be any chance of this fee being leaked to our SC members or would the club have to hold on to it even if they wanted to disclose it because shrews didn't?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Voice of reason

Virtually all deals are undisclosed
Go on any other team's forum and you'll see the fans complaining that it should be transparent
This is the nature of football
Almost all the deals will have a base price then additional payments
For example a % of the fee if the player is sold on, extra payments in the event of promotion(s) perhaps also extra payments after so many appearances and so on
If you see a price mentioned in the media it will be based on a tip off from someone involved in the deal - usually an agent
ARNU

If okenabirie went for £150k dont you think we should know? How much did Broomfield go for ? Did I imagine £100k ?? You can see what Sussex is getting at .
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:57 pm If okenabirie went for £150k dont you think we should know? How much did Broomfield go for ? Did I imagine £100k ?? You can see what Sussex is getting at .
Who is Broomfield? Does he live near the hospital?

The Mason Bloomfield deal was done in March, so any fee due would already be in the budget set in May.

Fej was always going to be sold in the Summer if we could. I am told that an assumption on what the fee might be was also in the budget. Did we get more or less than that assumption though?

I guess until the club put the ongoing accounts and bank statements online it is all guesses. Or become a full member, see the accounts every year.