Early Bird extension.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rebeldagger

ARNU wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 pm I got a letter from the club this morning offering an extension to the early bird offer till June 30th. Also asks me why I haven't renewed. This is obviously a nice touch but I can't see really how they can expect a 25% rise in the ticket price can be justified for what is nailed on to be a poorer standard of football with relegation again a certainty. Can anyone name the team ?

A nice gesture as I've said but I'm giving it a swerve.
At this stage in previous years, were you in a position to name the team with certainty?

I appreciate your honesty and it opens for reasonable debate, rather then shouting and flag waving, which I welcome.

So am I to understand that from your several points earlier, the only two to remain are the squad and our chances for next season?
Diggerthedog

Anyone know if Arnu is renewing? He has not mentioned it yet :thumbu:
ARNU

I'm pretty sure I'm not interested in watching the youth team getting tonked week in week out for a £50 increase in ticket price. Diggerthedog had it half right when he accused me of being a consumer rather than a fan. A bit harsh as he knows that's not entirely true but quite accurate really. Where else can you be expected to churn out even more money for substandard goods?

My original plan is best, stay away until the service and product improves.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:47 pm I'm pretty sure I'm not interested in watching the youth team getting tonked week in week out for a £50 increase in ticket price. Diggerthedog had it half right when he accused me of being a consumer rather than a fan. A bit harsh as he knows that's not entirely true but quite accurate really. Where else can you be expected to churn out even more money for substandard goods?

My original plan is best, stay away until the service and product improves.
the things some people will do to get out of a hat eating commitment.
ARNU

Apart from actually eat a hat I have conceded that getting peter Taylor in is quite unbelievable. Him either being there after six straight defeats remains to be seen but not by me.
easthamdagger

I decided not to renew,I only saw about 10 games last year at home.I live in Clacton and don't do midweek games and had a couple of bouts of illness.I had received emails and got the same letter mentioned earlier asking or reasons why I wasn't renewing.I replied but Tommo is on leave.
However I got a phone call this afternoon from Paul Gwinn following up the letter.A pleasant conversation and understood the reasons behind my decision including what has been going on between the club and supporters.
He did say that they have signed a big tall player today with another possible in the next day or so,no names
I will pick and choose my games but there are teams in higher divisions with cheaper season tickets.
BB-Dagger

easthamdagger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:53 pm I decided not to renew,I only saw about 10 games last year at home.I live in Clacton and don't do midweek games and had a couple of bouts of illness.I had received emails and got the same letter mentioned earlier asking or reasons why I wasn't renewing.I replied but Tommo is on leave.
However I got a phone call this afternoon from Paul Gwinn following up the letter.A pleasant conversation and understood the reasons behind my decision including what has been going on between the club and supporters.
He did say that they have signed a big tall player today with another possible in the next day or so,no names
I will pick and choose my games but there are teams in higher divisions with cheaper season tickets.
Living in Clacton I can fully understand the reasons why you don’t want a season ticket, but your point about higher divisions with cheaper tickets puzzles me! You either support the Daggers or you don’t, I could get a cheaper seat at west spam but I don’t support them or give a flying F#k about them so why would I, Daggers are my team and if they exist them I’m there, COYD
easthamdagger

Just pointing out that I could go to Colchester which is 20 mins from me but I wont.It may be a reason that some people could take their kids to Wet Spam and see premier league football rather than National League
DagenhamDan

I don't like the feel at wet spam when I've been you got a lot of good fans but where there are more fans there are more idiots too I am only 23 but I know if I had kids I wouldn't wanna expose them to the racism and biggotism that I've seen there along with the idiots that wanna fight I will continue to support this family club forever!!
ARNU

I find all this unconditional love for a football club hilarious. What you're saying is the club can take whatever liberty it wants with you and your money and they can do what they like. Field a team of kids who thru no lack of effort will probably bump along the bottom all season and must be favourites for relegation. You don't even know who's in goal. I've watched plenty of Dagenham defeats in the cold and wet but we were pretty much in with a shout in most of them games. Our new manager is targeting 5th bottom, I hope he's successful, but I can think of many more pleasurable ways to give myself the ump on a Saturday thanks.
Alan

We get it Arnu: you’re not renewing.
Sagres

Bye
DagenhamDan

Yes arnu we hear your point but it doesn't me we understand it the same as you to us but we hear it and move on. . .
EssexDagger!

easthamdagger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:53 pm I decided not to renew,I only saw about 10 games last year at home.I live in Clacton and don't do midweek games and had a couple of bouts of illness.I had received emails and got the same letter mentioned earlier asking or reasons why I wasn't renewing.I replied but Tommo is on leave.

What’s taking the club so long to announce this big tall player? The fans could do with a boost after all our outgoings...!!
IanC

Maybe the hawk!