Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

What`s your feelings for the up and coming season

1 Feeling positive
61%
2 Feeling negative
39%

Total votes: 44
Daggernewbie

With all the players that have left the club how do you feel at the moment with the team we have left ?
RayleighDagger1986

It was expected that the players on contract were likely to be moved on if the right bids etc. were received. The clubs sole aim this coming season is to survive, to survive liquidation. Taylor and Harris have a huge job on there hands but I for one will get behind the boys from day1 as I feel we have nothing to lose. I'm being positive and I hope most of you out there are as well!
DagenhamDan

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 am It was expected that the players on contract were likely to be moved on if the right bids etc. were received. The clubs sole aim this coming season is to survive, to survive liquidation. Taylor and Harris have a huge job on there hands but I for one will get behind the boys from day1 as I feel we have nothing to lose. I'm being positive and I hope most of you out there are as well!
Feel pretty much the same as you. The reason I'm positive is last season I had a feeling there wouldn't be a "this season" so regardless of what happens during it there is a Dagenham left to support. I've been a daggers fan for 18 years and never supported a prem team alongside Dagenham so us running is a positive.
Oxhead

Still feel we have the nucleus of a good side, really depends if other key players leave but whatever happens i’ve got my season ticket and i’ll be cheering them on every week
Auntie Merge

I’m feeling rather fed up with people constantly ‘oh woe’ ‘oh we’ve got no team’ ‘oh no another player has gone to Barnet’ ‘oh oh we’re going to get relegated’ and dredging up negativity all the time.

We’re not going to fold for reasons I’ve mentioned elsewhere.

I may not be fond of the people who own the club and I may think that there needs to be change to bring the club i love back, but it is what it is. Unless i’ve got the cash to change things, then we’re stuck.

What’s happened has happened. We’ve still got a club, it looks like we’ve got a great management team in place, let’s just rebuild and move on. It would be nice to see all the different factions within the supporters leading on this and planning for the future, and contributing to the club in any way they can.

I was very excited about last season and I’m
excited about this one for different reasons. We are likely to have a young and fresh team of players who want to play for the club. Let’s get back to why we are here and support them.
len

Very well said, at the end of the day having supported the Daggers for 60 years I am delighted we still have a club and to me that is a huge thing.
BB-Dagger

We’ve always lost players during the close season and nearly always the previous seasons player of the year, this time it’s a different scenario with so many leaving but with younger hungry players coming in we will find new hero’s and favourites, as long as they show a hunger and willingness to put themselves on the line I will be happy. In general I’m feeling optimistic about the next few months.
COYD
EssexDagger!

Even though I knew this mass exodus of players had to happen for us to continue to still be able to have a football club to support... it’s still naturally disheartening to see our best players leave for peanuts (well it’s hard to know exactly what money they cost with all these undisclosed fee’s) & not be properly replaced.
But we have to look at the bigger picture & trust the manager after his interview last week where he mentioned the phone has been busy trying to get new players in & organise some trails for pre season & the upcoming friendlys... let’s hope him and Terry can pull a few rabbits out of the hat and find us a few young gems to go with an already half decent nucleus of a side.

C’mon you Daggers!!
Diggerthedog

Looking forward to us going back to basics on the pitch, hopefully we can have an OK season.
Chalky69

How refreshing to read all those positive comments about the coming season. I know it hurts when you see good players leaving the Daggers but it means that a few more thousand (?) pounds are going into the Daggers bank account. Have ordered my season tickets and am really looking forward to the start of the season.
Richie

Far too early to have any opinion really.

Ask me in 2 months when we have something resembling a squad :)
Ally Fraser

Looking forward to the new season, got a funny feeling we’ll do ok. New manager with plenty of experience. Gonna go to Heybridge, first friendly game I’ve done in years.
Phippo

We Haven't a team at the present time so it's easy to feel doom and gloomy! We still have a club, and we have to rely on the new management team to bring in some fresh faces to see us through the coming season. Hopefully it is a far better season that many are fearing. Maybe a decent run in the FA cup can alleviate the strain on the clubs finances! We can but hope.
ARNU

It's nice that people are feeling positive. Let's see how they feel after 6 consecutive defeats and Taylor's jacked it in. I feel nothing but pessimism as you might well have gathered.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenhamDan

Speaking of friendlies can someone upload our fixture list xD