Luton Town

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Have actually been promoted! We'll be playing against john still and Benno next year. Marvellous.
matt_drfc

Benno only on loan, so not defo
Lcbdagger

Interested to see how the likes of Griffiths and Taiwo (is he still there??) are getting on... Benno would be a pleasant surprise if he came back... especially as he tends to switch off against us!

Good to see that the best team in the league went up and no doubt they will give our league a kicking next season too if they improve the squad... great news for John Still too.

Just a shame it means a trip to Luton next year... hopefully just the one year before they go up again
Mark

Taiwo on loan at Aldershot.
NickMurphy

So...erm....can we have that compensation that we waived last year now please :D ?
Tranced

Applaud or boo John? I reckon there will be a mix.
USADAGGER nick

Applaud... At least IMO. No matter how you look on him leaving, he did so much for the club. Even though I've only been a supporter since the near end of the 08-09 season, I have heard of how far he has advanced the club. So applause, IMO
Diggerthedog

People seriously going to consider to Boo the guy who have us league football, a Wembley win and tier 3 football? He said on TV the other day the Luton promotion would not top ours because of his effection for us.

He left for a pay increase and at his age can you blame him? His stint as our manager was over and everyone knew it.

Where would we be this season With him? My guess is lower down and we would no way have seen the likes of Murphy, Hines and a better Elito who let's face it has more freedom under Wayne.
ARNU

Even I wont boo him.Cant say as I'll be overly upset if we do the double on them next season though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenHammer87

I won't boo him. Great servant for the club but had more than past his sell by date.

Did the right thing for himself and the club by leaving and giving everyone a chance to freshen up and move on.

Who here, if in there job was going nowhere and was offered quite a bit more money to go and do the same thing up the road; wouldn't go out of loyalty. It doesn't matter if you work in Asda and that job is in Tesco; or if you're at Dagenham and that job is Luton.

At the time I'd've been none too happy if we'd have played them the following week; but now I couldn't give a flying one.

Anyone who boos is an idiot. Yep, I said it. I've donned my tin hat and I'm going for it. Of course you're free to air your opinion at the game; but exactly what will you change?
Mike the Dagger

I won't boo, JS did great things at the Daggers and for the club, and I'll even give the man a round of applause, even though the way he left was, frankly, disgraceful from someone that had traded so much on the Daggers being "his" club.

Then I hope we rip Luton to shreds on the pitch... at least we know how they will play!
mickeyblue

no way a boo but defo need a decent song with some banter in there.
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

You have to salute the Man really. 5 Managers they tried before him all failed to get out of that Division.

His record at that level is pretty extraordinary.

Ok I was a bit disappointed the way he left but hand on heart after this season much improved showing, altho the points total don't show it who now really thinks the change was not for the better for all parties.
matt_drfc

I was sore at the time due to the way he left even though I knew it was for the best. He took us to places we never thought possible and he is a definite legend here! Congrats to Luton, too big of a club to be in that league, too big for this league really, but he'll only take them so far, he knows his limitations. No chance of a boo from me! Wouldn't mind giving them a hammering though :)
Phippo

With the players assembled in the last year at Luton it was surely no surprise they romped the Conference? They couldn't afford to pay compensation for taking JS off our hands, but can afford to pay wages to Benno and others that make our players seem to be part timers (mind you some of them recently have played like it) ! :D