Help the Daggers this Saturday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by admin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 pm


yozdagger
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by yozdagger » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the board members getting stuck in to the work.........they will be there right?

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by admin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 pm

yozdagger wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the board members getting stuck in to the work.........they will be there right?
You speak as though we have a huge board... there are 3 people, one is disabled and the other two are getting on in years. I hope at least one of them will be present to cheer you all on, but participation shouldn't be dependent on board members...

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2471
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by Diggerthedog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 pm

yozdagger wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the board members getting stuck in to the work.........they will be there right?
Thommo is on holiday, who would have he could have afforded that when he took a pay cut and went on a cruise not so long ago......

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2036
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by Mike the Dagger » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 pm

Shameful behaviour, having a summer holiday. Unforgivable. And expecting pay for his full time job too. What is that about?

Did you enjoy your two recent trips DtD?

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2471
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by Diggerthedog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:58 am

:thumbu:

yozdagger
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by yozdagger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 am

A bit cheeky of Thommo to piss off on his summer hols while asking fans (who I would guess most also work FT) to give up their weekend free time to paint at HIS business for free....

yozdagger
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by yozdagger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:27 am

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 pm
Shameful behaviour, having a summer holiday. Unforgivable. And expecting pay for his full time job too. What is that about?

Did you enjoy your two recent trips DtD?
Last I saw DtD wasn't asking anyone to paint his house for free while he was away......

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by admin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:40 am

yozdagger wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 am
A bit cheeky of Thommo to piss off on his summer hols while asking fans (who I would guess most also work FT) to give up their weekend free time to paint at HIS business for free....
I think you will find that this goes on at most football clubs up and down the country. Supporters volunteer to help because they love the club. Supporters understand that by helping the club with their time, they are allowing the club to spend money on other things within the club, which will help the club succeed.

No one works 365 days a year. Everyone is entitled to a holiday. I'm guessing this isn't the only day that volunteers are needed, but it might be the only day that Thommo is not there. For some, that might be an extra incentive.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2036
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by Mike the Dagger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 am

yozdagger wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:27 am
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 pm
Shameful behaviour, having a summer holiday. Unforgivable. And expecting pay for his full time job too. What is that about?

Did you enjoy your two recent trips DtD?
Last I saw DtD wasn't asking anyone to paint his house for free while he was away......
It's not his house though, it is the ground of the football club you allegedly support (I assume, given your forum name).

User avatar
ThatRoundThing
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by ThatRoundThing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am

It is of course possible to support a football club/team by buying season tickets or matchday tickets and maybe a few beers in the bar. We are all busy people in our own lives, donning overalls and broom doesn’t fit into my own schedule.

Comforting to know that admin and Mike the Dagger will be there doing their bit.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by admin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am

ThatRoundThing wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am
It is of course possible to support a football club/team by buying season tickets or matchday tickets and maybe a few beers in the bar. We are all busy people in our own lives, donning overalls and broom doesn’t fit into my own schedule.

Comforting to know that admin and Mike the Dagger will be there doing their bit.
I have volunteered to help in other ways.

User avatar
ThatRoundThing
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by ThatRoundThing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 am

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am
ThatRoundThing wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am
It is of course possible to support a football club/team by buying season tickets or matchday tickets and maybe a few beers in the bar. We are all busy people in our own lives, donning overalls and broom doesn’t fit into my own schedule.

Comforting to know that admin and Mike the Dagger will be there doing their bit.
I have volunteered to help in other ways.

Why not in the ground then?

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by admin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am

ThatRoundThing wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 am
admin wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am
ThatRoundThing wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am
It is of course possible to support a football club/team by buying season tickets or matchday tickets and maybe a few beers in the bar. We are all busy people in our own lives, donning overalls and broom doesn’t fit into my own schedule.

Comforting to know that admin and Mike the Dagger will be there doing their bit.
I have volunteered to help in other ways.

Why not in the ground then?
Because I am currently physically unable to volunteer in this way. I have volunteered in years past to help.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2036
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Help the Daggers this Saturday

Post by Mike the Dagger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:32 am

ThatRoundThing wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am
It is of course possible to support a football club/team by buying season tickets or matchday tickets and maybe a few beers in the bar. We are all busy people in our own lives, donning overalls and broom doesn’t fit into my own schedule.

Comforting to know that admin and Mike the Dagger will be there doing their bit.
It is indeed, and many do. Not this particular moaner though who I would guess is part of the "not renewing" group undermining everything and sniping from the sidelines.

I have painted bits of the ground in the past but won't be there Saturday. I offer my thanks as a fellow Dagger to all those that do go though.

I help out where I can though, there are many ways to assist the club.

Post Reply