New Signings Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So with the two new signings our defence is starting to take shape. Would expect Nunn to be the next one to be moved on given Hoyte has now signed.

Hoyte can do a job at this level and is only 28, could end up being our oldest player now Boucs has joined the other snakes. The over lad know very little, certainly a unit but played very little football in recent years. Terry and Peter will get the best out of him I’m sure.

Some more signings expected next few days as per the official twitter account.
DaggerJoel11

Was pleasantly surprised that we have managed to get two players of a National League calibre when most of us expected a load of nobodies. This obviously shows the kind of squad Taylor is trying to assemble, many supporters of his former clubs said his teams are based primarily around the defence and clearly that's his main focus here. Now we have a nice blend of youth and experience in the backline and it's pleasing that both are familiar with this level of football. To be honest I know these signings don't get you on the edge of your seat but considering the financial constraints we are under, it would be hard to expect anything more. Whether this means Nunn is off I'm not sure but if we can get a couple more centre backs and maybe a left-back, we'll have an okay defence. I think we need

- 2/3 more defenders
- Two or three centre midfielders
- A winger for either side
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

I can see us signing 1 more permanent but expect 1 in 1 out after that. People like Gordon and Hyde could well be first choice. Could do with getting Nunn and Cheek off the wage bill to be honest. I can see us with 13 or so perm players and the rest as loans.
A S dagger97

Another one today.

Ollie Harfield

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-LGBWROAFlNOBO8xmFkV
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
A S dagger97

So we've actually signed a left back!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Lcbdagger

Given that there were rumours part year Nunn wanted to go part time because of his business interests, he surely can't be a high earner at the club.

Amazed Cheek hasn't gone yet given his stats over the last few years.
RayleighDagger1986

I'm assuming the cut in wage bill from the recent departures should help alleviate the £150k needed to assist the club financial position. Does anyone else think this or am I too optimistic?
Diggerthedog

£150k was due to see us through until the end of June when all the big contracts expired, this is what I understood from the forum. Hopefully we’ve seen the back of the begging given we’re signing players, sure donations are still well come but not a matter of existing or not. Surprised we got fees for the 3 that went in the week, probably very very minimal.

Still expect Nunn and Cheek to depart sometime soon, Cheek should command a better fee than any of those left for a fee already.
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:54 am I'm assuming the cut in wage bill from the recent departures should help alleviate the £150k needed to assist the club financial position. Does anyone else think this or am I too optimistic?
I understand that the budget set assumed a number of the "retained" players being sold on.

Given that has happened, unless the fees achieved are over what we budgeted, then I don't believe the savings in wages effect the amount we need to raise.

My surprise is that people are surprised we are still selling.
Mark

I dunno whether clubs will fancy Cheek much or not really. He's got a great goalscoring record and goalscorers command a premium but is he better than the conference? As a lone striker I felt he didn't have a very rounded game and most clubs play 1 up these days.

Conference clubs generally don't pay decent fees and he will also command good wages which would make the total package prohibitive for the buyer. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but can't see any fee making much dent.
RayleighDagger1986

Mike the Dagger wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:17 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:54 am I'm assuming the cut in wage bill from the recent departures should help alleviate the £150k needed to assist the club financial position. Does anyone else think this or am I too optimistic?
I understand that the budget set assumed a number of the "retained" players being sold on.

Given that has happened, unless the fees achieved are over what we budgeted, then I don't believe the savings in wages effect the amount we need to raise.

My surprise is that people are surprised we are still selling.
Not surprised Mike we are still selling. More the opposite. Expected it tbh.
I just didn't know how this impacted on the budget and deficit of the club's finances.