Salford

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

https://salfordcityfc.co.uk/rooneys-an-ammie/

apparently he is on a 3 year deal, £5k a week

Thoughts?
rebeldagger

He's a very good player, has been in the Irish squad a few times, albeit never capped.

Yet the conference, as we know, can be a tough and physical league, so it'll be interesting to see how he fares.

Irish media reported that the Singaporean businessman Peter Lim - who owns La Liga side Valencia - also has a 50 per cent stake in Salford. So from that it's clear that Salford have money to spend and are looking for promotion.
Dagdale

Makes you wonder if Graham Alexander then is the highest paid Manager in the Vanarama National?
NBDag

Initially liked the idea of what the Mancs were doing with Salford. However this is annoying to see as most of Salford’s fans probably follow Salford because they hate the way the premier league is, like most of us non-leaguers. Teams like this and Billericay a starting to put the final nail in the coffin of English football. All the while no doubt Neville and co will slate the likes of United for buying players who won’t fight for the shirt in the way that they did. I believe there was a comment from Neville about the FA selling Wembley which he branded as a short term cash grab, or something of that ilk. Bunch of hypocrites who don’t give a shit about non-league football as a whole, just their egos.
DagenhamDan

NBDag wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:15 am Initially liked the idea of what the Mancs were doing with Salford. However this is annoying to see as most of Salford’s fans probably follow Salford because they hate the way the premier league is, like most of us non-leaguers. Teams like this and Billericay a starting to put the final nail in the coffin of English football. All the while no doubt Neville and co will slate the likes of United for buying players who won’t fight for the shirt in the way that they did. I believe there was a comment from Neville about the FA selling Wembley which he branded as a short term cash grab, or something of that ilk. Bunch of hypocrites who don’t give a shit about non-league football as a whole, just their egos.

I fully agree with this changing the whole context of non league really. It's about those lads with passion and skill who want to improve and fight for their club to get promoted. Not about bringing 1 player down, from a better standard earning the same amount as our midfield combined, to walk the league. Sort of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when you know even the second best team in the league is thinking twice a season I could lose 4-0+ to the same team.