New signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

The spelling mistakes and the lack of punctuation in that article is poor for a professional club.
What can we expect from Harry? In his own words “I’m a player who likes to get the ball. During a game I’m not afraid to role my sleeves up and get involved, and I’m always 100% committed on the pitch”
DagenhamDan

We are not looking bad to be honest! I'm getting a little excited! We might not lose every game! COYD!
RayleighDagger1986

The Romford Dagger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 pm The spelling mistakes and the lack of punctuation in that article is poor for a professional club.
What can we expect from Harry? In his own words “I’m a player who likes to get the ball. During a game I’m not afraid to role my sleeves up and get involved, and I’m always 100% committed on the pitch”
So would you like to highlight those mistakes!
Dagdale

Another good bit of news coming out and certainly like the sound of this guy and what he says about us, and will be looking out for him tomorrow, two weeks to go and a couple more players would be even better, please!
Auntie Merge

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 pm
The Romford Dagger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 pm The spelling mistakes and the lack of punctuation in that article is poor for a professional club.
roll. I haven't read the whole article.
The Romford Dagger

That paragraph I’ve linked had these errors:
- The word ‘roll’ spelt incorrectly.
- No full stop at the end of the last sentence.
- No comma after the words ‘during a game’.
- Should be some form of punctuation after the words ‘in his own words’.

That’s four mistakes in just those three sentences. I’m not massively arsed by it but I’m just pointing out that, for a professional football club, that’s very poor.
Adrian

The Romford Dagger wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:35 am

That paragraph I’ve linked had these errors:
- The word ‘roll’ spelt incorrectly.
- No full stop at the end of the last sentence.
- No comma after the words ‘during a game’.
- Should be some form of punctuation after the words ‘in his own words’.

That’s four mistakes in just those three sentences. I’m not massively arsed by it but I’m just pointing out that, for a professional football club, that’s very poor.
Your last two are questionable.
The first of those is part of a quote and so would surely depend on how he spoke.
The second you point out but can't say what should be there.

Let's be realistic, we're not paying someone a lot of money to do these. Being a professional club isn't really relevant.
I've seen the likes of the BBC manage worse.
NBDag

Or national news papers... We got the message so it isn’t the end of the world next time. I’m sure the person writing these will be alerted to the fact that Ipswich fan The Romford Dagger wants them to proof read their work.
The Romford Dagger

Jesus you lot can be touchy at times.

It was just an observation that’s all.