Maidstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Shame this match didnt last 41 mins!!
I would have settled for 0-0 at that stage....but Christ the noise of their heads dropping when that first one went in.......we looked nervous and sloppy in the second half..until we scored, then it was too late!
Romain ran his socks off....and Reynolds looked good...good to see Kandi running the full back as well

Onwards and upwards!
Adrian

Really disappointing to here some people getting on players backs already.
Gordon got into some great positions and didn't deserve the stick he got when his delivery was poor. He's a kid with very little experience.
His ball in for the goal was a cracker.

Pretty much everyone looked ok, but we need a bit more nouse and a proper centre forward.

It's going to be a battle and we'll need to dig in.
It doesn't help when referees fail to send players off when they basically have no other option.
NBDag

Mixture of feelings coming out of this. At times we looked fantastic going forward, we had real intent and gave them so much to think about. However there is just something that we’re missing that shockingly after one game I couldn’t put my finger on. Definitely need another striker to support Romain, that’s one thing you could tell from tonight. He clearly has springs for legs, but when you’re 5 foot nothing already, it only means he can get his head to the ball. Towards the end of the game we desperately needed someone who could take it down and play it towards the wide men.

Think everyone showed some quality at times today, so I’m far from devoid of hope. Heads up and move forwards. More of the same attitude that we showed tonight and 3 points will come on Saturday- barring another shit-for-brains ref.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can't complain about the effort ,two dreadfull mistakes got punished and that was that sadly.
As Saturday dont think they did enough to win and it was,only our lack of quality in the last third that saved them .

That fact was borne out by the number of corners we won but never testesd their Keeper/Defence on any of them.

Sad to hear Adrian report that young Gordon came in for stick, this is going to be a long work in progress and that aint going to help anyone.

Need a Striker if not two urgently find them and we will roll teams like that over
Dagdale

First half hour it was almost all Dagenham on attack, how many crosses did we put in? but the same story rolling on not a player with the killer instinct to rattle the net, that position is a Must fill asap, and sadly the Stones showed us how to do it. Except when the shock killer goal early second half was scored and our boys lost some rhythm they revived a while later and pressed on with some fine effort and a deserved goal resulting a bit of a tense last ten minutes but Stones were just that bit too strong at the back and think most of us knew it wasn't going to be our night, we all know its going to be a really hard tough season but bag the first win and the confidence that'll bring we'd take us off slowly upwards. Cast back our last season in the EFL that was what bad was all about.
Diggerthedog

All over them like a rash, their own fans were bumused at the half time score. The pressure should have ended up with the lump at the back getting sent off but the ref completely bottled it. Difference was experience on two occasions.

Great support from the A13 lot, not one barracking of any player. Maidenhead is now a massive must win with a run of tough games to come.
BB-Dagger

I thought the lads were a bit unlucky last night, a bit naive at times defending but overall played well.
The referee once again showed a total lack of bottle in the first half, the number 6 was already booked and by obstruction and kicking the ball away was a second yellow, absolutely no doubt about it, if he hadn’t already been booked he would have for that, ref was a spineless prick. Always had a feeling we would fall behind to a counter attack and that’s what happened.
Overall I thought we were hard working and although we lack a bit of nouse in front of goal I’m confident it will come.
Also a good penalty shout from a corner in the second half, once again the ref bottles it. Unbelievable.

One other comment, on Dagenham East station after the game some senile old twat was saying to his mates we had no fight and put in no effort, he wore a dark blue tee shirt and had a blue hat on, if your reading this mate please take note..... your a prick.
RayleighDagger1986

Missed last night. On hols. But reading peoples reports on the first two games its obvious we need a goalscorer. It cant be that difficult to find one from lower down. Id thort not that expensive either.
honkytonk

After the doom.and gloom I am quite optimistic about our chances. Big game on Saturday.
honkytonk

BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 am I thought the lads were a bit unlucky last night, a bit naive at times defending but overall played well.
The referee once again showed a total lack of bottle in the first half, the number 6 was already booked and by obstruction and kicking the ball away was a second yellow, absolutely no doubt about it, if he hadn’t already been booked he would have for that, ref was a spineless prick. Always had a feeling we would fall behind to a counter attack and that’s what happened.
Overall I thought we were hard working and although we lack a bit of nouse in front of goal I’m confident it will come.
Also a good penalty shout from a corner in the second half, once again the ref bottles it. Unbelievable.

One other comment, on Dagenham East station after the game some senile old twat was saying to his mates we had no fight and put in no effort, he wore a dark blue tee shirt and had a blue hat on, if your reading this mate please take note..... your a prick.
Did you tell him to his face
Auntie Merge

A few observations:

We played well overall. I felt very encouraged by the performance. Shame we couldn’t scrape an equaliser and come away with at least a point.

Peter Taylor was the most animated I have seen a Daggers manager for years.

Nice lot of vocal support from the home fans in the TBS.