Last Nights Gate

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just over 1100 home fans with People on Holiday,midweek and work commitments.

Was fairly pleased fearing gates would drop to under 800 ( Home Fans)

Looks like despite all the turmoil we have managed to prevent the feared mass exodus.
RayleighDagger1986

On hols. Back Saturday
Diggerthedog

1075 home fans in total. Probably people getting their football fix as nothing on TV. Wait until its a champions league night for a real assessment.
Auntie Merge

I had a brand new season ticket holder sitting next to me, wearing a Daggers shirt.

He was a West Ham supporter last season and loved the atmosphere at our Save the Daggers game (and hates the Olympic stadium) so came back.

There might be some others.
stanton101

A truer reflection I'll be when West Ham are at home on the same Saturday as we are.
Alan

I think what you consider to be a true reflection depends on what you want a true reflection to be. Those who want to moan will pick low gates as a true reflection, those who want to pretend everything is awesome will pick high gates.

Our gates have always suffered when CL on or WHU at home, in the first week or 2 of season when people are on holiday and the last Saturday before Xmas.
Auntie Merge

stanton101 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm A truer reflection I'll be when West Ham are at home on the same Saturday as we are.

Why would this affect someone who has chosen to purchase a Daggers season ticket over a West Ham one?
stanton101

The title of the thread Merge was 'last nights gate'.
Indeed you may well have had a somewhat dissatisfied Hammers fan who has decided to join our ranks, but how many West Ham fans were in attendance last night because their season hasn't started yet and they just chose to pop along and watch us play, fifty, a hundred who knows. That was the point I was making.
And everyone knows that when they're at home like us, our gates do drop, it's a fact.
It'll probably drop further now that they've spent a fortune on players and generated a bit more interest for their fans on what's going to happen on the pitch.
We'll be lucky to scrape a thousand when fylde, Harrogate, barrow etc come down.
Dagger42

Does anybody know why the Maidstone fans were allocated terrace places in sieve? Also if you are season ticket holder do the bars till except the 10% discount card ?

Thank you
ThatRoundThing

Dagger42 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am Does anybody know why the Maidstone fans were allocated terrace places in sieve? Also if you are season ticket holder do the bars till except the 10% discount card ?

Thank you
I asked a steward re away fans now in the terrace and his sketchy reply was along the lines that cheaper tickets i.e. £15 Standing Tickets now have to be available to both Home and Away fans. He didn’t know under what F.A/National League law or when it was changed. Problem for the stewards was that away fans buying cheap tickets and then getting into the seating area after going to the toilets, bar or refreshments.

I renewed my Season Ticket and my 10% Card is working ok. There was something on the Club website re the Discount Card a week or so back.
Mike the Dagger

From the 2018/19 National League Handbook.

Given this, we should give Away fans the Bury Road Terrace and the Family Stand.
ThatRoundThing

Many clubs in our league have got a single pricing system for seating or standing, maybe the club should be looking at implementing such a system over the coming years.

Bury Rd and Family Stand for Away fans would work up to the point when segregation is needed, toilet and refreshment facilities would then be a problem needing to be solved.

Pricing for the Home L.Orient game should be fun, will they have to charge Orient Supporters £15 for TBS?
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 am Many clubs in our league have got a single pricing system for seating or standing, maybe the club should be looking at implementing such a system over the coming years.

Bury Rd and Family Stand for Away fans would work up to the point when segregation is needed, toilet and refreshment facilities would then be a problem needing to be solved.
The excuse for us giving the best stand in our ground over to away fans has always been segregation, plus we can get more income out of away fans there. If that is no longer the case we can reconfigure the ground. What we don't want to do is make it easy for away fans to create a big atmosphere. I hate having away fans in the seive!

The Family stand already has its own catering and toilets, as does the Bury Road terrace.

The biggest issue would be home terrace fans having to use the two gates in Bury Road rather than the four they have at the moment and the time it might take to get in if we had a big game. We might have to look at adding additional gates at the Pondfield end to get in to the Seive. That has a cost of course and we are brassic, but at the moment would not be an issue really.

See the bottom section of this item: http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324633
Diggerthedog

Dagger42 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am Does anybody know why the Maidstone fans were allocated terrace places in sieve? Also if you are season ticket holder do the bars till except the 10% discount card ?

Thank you
I would like to know why the Maidstone fans they jumped the turnstiles were allowed to remain in the ground? Two young girls about 16-17 after what I could see advised by their fat slob of a dad told them to do it. The little weasel steward with the glasses just stood by and watched. Kim even come and got involved.
ARNU

Paid on the door...ouch!

Giving Saturday a miss,more thru work commitments than any other reason.I think Taylor will keep us up but remain reasonably confident we wont win many especially without a credible strikeforce.I like Romaine and he works hard but needs service to feet and maybe a lanky Oliver Hawkins type up front with him to nod the ball down to him.Im surprised we scored at all Tuesday,striker needed asap.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !