The Boss Better Watch His Back: Things Not Good At Barnet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

lupins wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 pm Whether he is or he isn't a Dagger he still did wonders for this club and yes I am aware he was paid

This rush to boo him is pretty juvenile and worse still will only motivate a team who if you believe their forum are devoid of confidence
Lupins what wonders has he done for us in the last two season`s in the past maybe yes I give you that.
Daggernewbie

Mark wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am How fickle football fans are. You don't build a new team overnight and even Salford are already enduring a tough start despite their mountains of cash.

John is a great manager at this level and if he doesn't get them up this season then he'll likely do it next season. They are missing 2 or 3 big players through injury too. I wish him well as long as it isn't at our expense.
Sorry a great manager get them up, he had two season`s with us and we are still here or have you forgot that already.
Alan

He did a lot of good for this club and people have short memories.

I have no doubt that he does have great affection for this club and he was very good at spinning to unite the team and, for a lot of the time, supporters. That’s part of being a good manager. So he put his family’s interests above those of his employer - who wouldn’t?
Richie

Alan wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am He did a lot of good for this club and people have short memories.

I have no doubt that he does have great affection for this club and he was very good at spinning to unite the team and, for a lot of the time, supporters. That’s part of being a good manager. So he put his family’s interests above those of his employer - who wouldn’t?
Agreed. I certainly won't be booing.
Daggernewbie

Alan wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am He did a lot of good for this club and people have short memories.

Yes but that was in the past but a lot of supporters felt he has had his day and it shows at times by his tactics.
lupins

Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 am
lupins wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 pm Whether he is or he isn't a Dagger he still did wonders for this club and yes I am aware he was paid

This rush to boo him is pretty juvenile and worse still will only motivate a team who if you believe their forum are devoid of confidence
Lupins what wonders has he done for us in the last two season`s in the past maybe yes I give you that.
Apart from the fact that previously he did brilliantly for the Club in his first year back we were in the play offs and in the second he put a good team together until the rug was pulled out from under him
Blackie645

For some people on here he can do no wrong, if he is a supporter like he appertains he is, then his actions dont prove it and that's something I do know , I for one don't get taken in by his bull s***t.
I would love it if Barnet don't go up. Will I b clapping our ex players no I won't, some on here need to wise up.
lupins

Why wouldn't you give them some respect did they want to leave the club did they cause trouble
Most of them in fact raised their game when we got in to financial trouble
Show some class that's harder than the traditional response and would show far more about what our Club should be about
Mike the Dagger

Blackie645 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:55 am For some people on here he can do no wrong, if he is a supporter like he appertains he is, then his actions dont prove it and that's something I do know , I for one don't get taken in by his bull s***t.
I would love it if Barnet don't go up. Will I b clapping our ex players no I won't, some on here need to wise up.
I get why people might have a downer of John Still, even if him moving to Barnet did the club a favour, as did all the players he signed for fees (yeah I know, undisclosed!).

Why go after the players though? As professionals they need to earn a living and if they are offered that at Barnet, why wouldn't they go?
ARNU

Whatever your opinion on Johny hoof you can't criticise him for wanting more money, better players and job security. He was and is a daggers legend and if you fell for any of the bullshit that's your fantasy world letting you down. All these people moaning about loyalty yet barely attend a game and never go away have a good hard look at yourself.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Blackie645 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:55 am I would love it if Barnet don't go up. Will I b clapping our ex players no I won't, some on here need to wise up.
Won’t be clapping Still, will be clapping the players like the majority of others. Players aren’t fans of the club- they gave their all for us and then moved on. I’m not a West Ham * that can’t accept that players move on, so hold no grudge against them.

*word removed by Admin.
Dagdale

As far as I'm concerned the only loyalty in football especially in low level football anything from League two and far below IS THE FANS, we will see countless Managers, back room staff and players moving all the time and especially hard for us when we really get to love a individual in our colours and some crazy how think they will be with us for years, gutted as always when they shift off, have to live in hope for another one somewhere as a replacement, but were still be here whatever because we feel for the club we support and its in our blood.
daggersjeff

Barnet 0-2 down at half time at Harrogate

"youre getting sacked in the morning"
:grin: :grin: :grin:
Auntie Merge

I read this thread and could just imagine JS at a Barnet Fans Forum
'What the hell has happened to MY club' :grin:

Seriously, though. I will applaud him and be courteous to him. So he is driven by money, he
always was. He left Leytonstone Ilford when the money ran out in 1982 and then came back when the money came back. Every time he has come back to us there has been money on the table.
If I was his age I'd grab every penny I was being offered right now too. Poverty in retirement is not fun.

But by the sounds of it, he won't be there much longer if the results don't turn around, let that not be this month though.
Diggerthedog

Barnet fans questioning Mr Still’s appetite for the game and how he has been given a big budget and wasted it, when I mentioned these things last season (before the money was pulled) I was told I did not know what I was talking about.

The man has pulled up lame, let’s hope we pull the trigger on bank holiday Monday.