We need a captain to lead the team.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Matt Robinson is not up to the job in my mind ,he goes missing and never seems to try and motivate the players. What are your thoughts ?
Adrian

I've never seen Robinson go missing.
He generally works incredibly hard for the team.

Captains are largely a ceremonial thing now. They do the coin toss and that's it.
Any player can lead on the pitch and help motivate others. They don't have to be wearing an armband.
Mark

Wright seems to do a lot of organising at the back in open play which is good.

From set pieces it should largely be as per the manager's instructions before the game so if people are losing their man then no amount of shouting is going to solve that. Some players are bad at marking and despite being a much taller side this season we are quite weak. Look how Ayo sent his marker flying just by moving towards the ball.

Robinson leads by example and is one of our best players. I think he's doing fine personally. Maybe a big character with some experience would help but they cost more than we've got.
lupins

Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 pm Matt Robinson is not up to the job in my mind ,he goes missing and never seems to try and motivate the players. What are your thoughts ?
My thoughts are you couldn't be more wrong he never goes missing or let's his head drop
RayleighDagger1986

Would we have scored more goals if we had not sold Cheek and be second bottom!
ARNU

I don't think there's a lack of effort or motivation. Just a few weeks ago people were worried there might be no team to support. We all accepted it was gonna be tough, we are the worst team in the league but at least they're having a go, what did you all expect ? Players that wouldn't have got a look in last season you're now expecting to win the league or something. It'll get worse before it gets better.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ayrisdagger

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you are all aware Ben Nunn is our captain, right?
Daggernewbie

ayrisdagger wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 am Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you are all aware Ben Nunn is our captain, right?
Yes but he`s not on the pitch so Matt is in charge so he`s got the captains armband on.
NickMurphy

I think one of the eldest players in the squad (even at 24), who has also played at England C level and has a promotion under his belt, is probably one of the best fits to captain and guide the inexperienced lads in the absence of Ben Nunn.

One thing I have been encouraged by is how vocal the rest of the team actually are this season - an aspect that has been missing in the past.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What a load of tosh.

As somebody has pointed out he is not even the Club Captain ,merely at the moment the team captain.

Secondly there ia nothing wrong with his leadership qualities.

When he was good yeaterday he waa good ,the,problem is it waa another rather mixed performance and he would no doubtt agreee that for every three things he did right he did one wrong .

There was plenty of occassions yesterday when he got us going which to me is not his game theae days.

My idea is that we will see the best of him when he can play a more holding role as it is obvious,since our Physio asked him.to hop on his broken leg he is not as mobile as he once waa.

Seen enough this season already to feel that we are not far short of being able to claim the best of the worst or the worst of the average come the seasons end..

In time this defence will get better.

The midfield needs a box to box player allowing Robinson to sit in and break things up and be a spoiler.. Somebody to go down the outside on the oppsite flank to Reynolds and be able to deliver would also be a great addition. Reynolds was my mom again yesterday and caused Halifax no end of problems as he was against Aldershot second half .

Cant beleive 5 games in People are starting to look for scapegoats. We all knew that it was going to be a slog and that slog has only just started
SUSSEX DAGGER

Whilst on the subject.

It was good to see Ben Nunn at Halifax Saturday.

Smacks of a great attitude making thatt trip when you are not playing
DaggerJoel11

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:29 pm Whilst on the subject.

It was good to see Ben Nunn at Halifax Saturday.

Smacks of a great attitude making thatt trip when you are not playing
Should have seen him join the celebrations for the first equaliser against Maidenhead. He comes across as a great character and hopefully he returns very soon.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''