Hornchurch friendly

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Half time in friendly vs Hornchurch, and daggers losing 4-1
Fearless

Anyone know the final score
EssexDagger!

Lost 4-2.... be nice if the club Twitter could be bothered to update us all with the result
DaggerJoel11

We lost 4-2 and didn't look great to be honest. Were regularly sliced apart by the Urchins despite having a decent enough team including the likes of Harfield, Blanchfield and Leighton, as well as players of the mould of Bonds, Hyde and Balogun. After being humbled by four goals, we pulled one back when Salis rebounded his own penalty miss, and in a much improved second period made the scoreline even more respectable as Leighton - by far our best player - powered in a header. All in all though not a bad game for a freebie, but expected us to look much better than we did.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Sagres

We looked a total shambles & was comprehensively beaten.
Diggerthedog

What happens when we get injuries and suspensions :banghead:
DaggerJoel11

I've forgotten the worst part! Would anynody believe me if I said it was Hornchurch's reserve side? At half time there was a member of their staff circling the pitch and I overheard him saying "this lot could teach the first team a few things" so I asked him and he said that most playing were subs or infrequent squad members, aside from a couple of first teamers. Checked their website and the guy who tore our defence apart, number 10, was on their bench for their last league game. All I can say is that hopefully this team is immune to injuries and don't do anything stupid.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
EssexDagger!

Did any of the lads who played Saturday, get a game last night, Joel?

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am I've forgotten the worst part! Would anynody believe me if I said it was Hornchurch's reserve side? At half time there was a member of their staff circling the pitch and I overheard him saying "this lot could teach the first team a few things" so I asked him and he said that most playing were subs or infrequent squad members, aside from a couple of first teamers. Checked their website and the guy who tore our defence apart, number 10, was on their bench for their last league game. All I can say is that hopefully this team is immune to injuries and don't do anything stupid.
Auntie Merge

Auto-Arnu response

‘doomed, we’re doomed I tell you’

:grin:
Sagres

I know it was only a friendly but to be played off the park particularly in the first half by a Hornchurch team made up mainly of reserve/youth players & a couple of trialist was embarrassing.
DaggerJoel11

EssexDagger! wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:48 am Did any of the lads who played Saturday, get a game last night, Joel?
It was pretty much our second team. The only player to get minutes on Saturday and also play yesterday was Noel Leighton, who capped a very good display with a well-taken goal and will probably start on Saturday. I say good display but it was only Hornchurch reserves and we should've strolled it comfortably, hopefully we were just using the game for fitness. Blanchfield and Harfield also featured and will definitely be involved this season because they've already made a few appearances already. Fairly youthful aside from that with Bonds and Tyrique Hyde starting alongside the fringe players such as Lewis Moore, Mekhi Hyde, Michael Agboola, Sam Salis and Lanre Balogun. Above all else it showed that we don't have much if any strength in depth.
Diggerthedog

Sagres wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:27 am I know it was only a friendly but to be played off the park particularly in the first half by a Hornchurch team made up mainly of reserve/youth players & a couple of trialist was embarrassing.
Sad state of where we are as a club now, as long as everyone is happy with those at the helm it will only continue to go downhill from now. Funny how Gateshead who are a much smaller club can get a buyer but we cant.

Edited by Admin. Potentially libellous comments removed.
Alan

Libel alert.
Diggerthedog

Where is the libel in what I posted?
lupins

Or anything of use or value