Where will the first win come from?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

That's all really to get the discussion going? In the lead, never felt comfortable from the sidelines that a result was coming and what felt like an inevitable winner after getting back on level terms...

Confidence lacking, young team full of inexperience, just really unlucky, decisions going against us, wrong or right tactics/formations/players... whatever it may be it's not happening for us... can't possibly see a result against the old boss with one of our old players likely to score.

Where is the first win going to come from?

So frustrating as it's by no means the worst squad we could have put together given our financial issues and a few of the team bring some genuine excitement
IanC

Barneto!!!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Effort 100% just not good enough ,sadly i cant see them ever being good enough.

Was reminded today that Woking went down with 48 last season we will not get anywhere near that i am afraid

Seen all seven games now and its the same story every week.

Cant knock the effort or commitment but we are a class below.
RayleighDagger1986

I fear it won't. Quality is lacking, not commitment. The lads gave it all today as usual and that's been the case in every game. Can't fault them for that. But i think the lack of confidence is creeping in and that is the concern. I do hope Mr Taylor can turn this around but relegation by March is a big possible
NBDag

Believe our first win will come in August... of 2019 in the National League South. Until then buckle up this looks guaranteed to be an absolute shit storm of a season.
RM1DAGGERS

Difficult to see...as others have said no lack of effort but short on quality. Defending for equaliser was shocking, several chances to clear before they scored. I wouldn't say Pools were vastly superior but they shifted the ball about much slicker and had a couple of midfielders who controlled the game at times.
Daggerman

Very little effort from guys who are on loan and don’t really give a toss if we stay up or go down, Romain wasn’t concentrating and gave no effort to get the ball and pools go and score the second goal, THEN they gave him man of the match!!! Bloody joke.
No midfield when it counted, no idea up front, even our goal looked offside.
Anyone want to buy my season ticket?
BB-Dagger

Can’t see a win on the horizon, only the odd draw perhaps, I’m feeling very despondent.
The initial optimism when Taylor was installed as manager has turned into gloom, 1 point from a possible 18 is relegation form and I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel, it was painful to watch today being second best at everything, agree with the last post that even our goal looked offside.
daggersjeff

Where did our team disappear to at half time????

Fair play to the monkey hangers, they struggled against our formation first half, changed it round and were level in 3 minutes!

Cant understand why we waited a further 10 mins before trying to counter it?

Long hard season, and yes, possible relegation
Adrian

Daggerman wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:59 pm Very little effort from guys who are on loan and don’t really give a toss if we stay up or go down, Romain wasn’t concentrating and gave no effort to get the ball and pools go and score the second goal, THEN they gave him man of the match!!! Bloody joke.
No midfield when it counted, no idea up front, even our goal looked offside.
Anyone want to buy my season ticket?
What a load of rubbish. The loan players all put in plenty of effort.
The equaliser wasn't Romains fault - he's gone to make a run for a ball over the top but Gordon tried to play it to feet in a poor position instead.
Alan

Agree with Adrian - Romain had dragged defender in for the ball to be played long behind, Gordon played the wrong ball and it cost us. Every game we are conceding at least one goal as a result of a sillyerror like this.
ARNU

Well I got in free as a carer today but I still want my money back.

No lack of effort we just aren't good enough. We lack experience and it would be unfair to dig anyone out. I can't see us beating anyone but we might nick a draw or two. I just wonder how much stomach peter Taylor has got for it. Lose the next 5 (and we probably will)I reckon he'll resign. Just listening to comments from behind me today, the fickle fan is alive and well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Got to say I disagree with both of you. Romain does drop back for a dummy run or for whatever reason. But he then turns around and starts shouting at Tomi for something- completely unaware of the game happening around him. Yes Gordon shouldn’t have passed to him as Romain’s head clearly wasn’t in the game, but Romain should have been focused on the ball in our third instead of Tomi. If Romain wasn’t moaning he would have been able to receive the ball and the goal probably wouldn’t have happened.

I like Romain, he’s a good player and puts a massive shift in, but he spends so much time moaning at those around him. Happened again in the game when the ball is coming from a goal kick up to him but again he’s busy having a go at our player in front of him. Ball ends up at his feet and bounces off of him to the opposition, luckily the referee blows up at the same time. Fair enough if he’s trying to guide younger players, but today I saw it as a detriment to his game.
ARNU

Spot on NBDag.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

Anyone got a clue why Hoyte only makes the bench? Effort is there but not enough skill or experience to compete at this level.Enough games played now to convince me that we could well be sitting in a relegation place for most of the season.
Less than a 1000 Home fans and that will continue to fall when colder weather gets here and a losing team also tends to shed fans rapidly.
This club has been allowed to get in this sorry state of affairs. I begrudgingly renewed my season ticket, not convinced it was the right decision for me.