Being the difference

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

We're not great but I really like this team. The effort and heart I'm seeing each week has really endeared me to them. For all their failings, all I want is a team that gives their all on the pitch but who also try to integrate with supporters.

This from twitter:

@Tomiadeloyee
Face Says It All Tbh 😞 The Tides Will Change, Just Not Falling For Us At The Moment.. Honestly Humbled By The Support We Are Getting, It’s Amazing 🤟🏾We Will Put It Right.. Stick By Us 🔴🔵 #Daggers

@Lamar_rey10
Thank you to all the travelling fans today your support is on a different level, you deserve more and we will continue to fight together for you guys. Thank you for sticking by us 🙏🏽🔴🔵 @Dag_RedFC

@AMcQueen_
🤬🤬🤬... @Dag_RedFC fans are the best! You deserve more from us & we will get there together! 🔴🔵 Stay positive.

@Liam_Gordon15
Thanks to all the fans who’ve been behind us today and through the month. You’ve been behind us, fighting with us through this difficult period but we will keep fighting. Onto Saturday now, Stay with us @Dag_RedFC 💪🏽🔴🔵

@bengoodliffe11
Gutted at the results we are getting at the minute. We are honestly putting in our all. Again the travelling support of you @Dag_RedFC fans was amazing! Please stick with us, we need you to get us through this tough situation!🔵🔴

@ollie_harfield
Can’t thank the fans enough for all your unbelievable support today. difficult period but we will keep fighting. Onto Saturday now, Stay with us @Dag_RedFC 💪🏽🔴🔵

@willwrightt
Thank you to the fans today, can’t speak highly enough of you, right behind us for more than 90 minutes. Another tough one to take and we need to put it right quickly, see you Saturday at home and I’m sure the place will be rocking🔴🔵

@davey_alex
You know what, that support from @Dag_RedFC fans is the best I’ve ever had simply class, stay with us 🙌🙌

@MattRobinson231
Apologies to the travelling fans today the support was immense. I promise the lads aren’t taking what’s happening lightly and we are doing everything we can to put it right.

Sometimes footballers post generic crap on twitter but I genuinely believe that they're surprised by the support they're getting. Most teams would be giving a team with 1pt from 21 absolute pelters. But at full time, we were chanting for them and clapping. They realise that we appreciate the fact that they're giving it their all.

I really hope we keep it up. We will win games this season. Whether we win enough remains to be seen. Any advantage we can have take forward though is needed and if this positive relationship between fans and players continues, then it might just give them that extra lift going into the back end of the season when it's all to play for.

Well done everyone today. Superb all round.
DagenhamDan

Seeing this was lovely I do honestly like our team in two years or so they will be class, work rate is such a great trait in a player and my god don't all our lads have it! I must get Twitter as it means I can see all these lovely things!
bloke down the pub

If you were as good at football as you are with Twitter, well
IanC

Lee Wilson great post mate,sitting in our hotel bar in la manga,missus gone to bed,so I’m having a little drown of sorrows on me own with a few bottles of mahou.
Seen the the fans after the game and that’s brilliant,and what you call true daggers.And the stuff the boys are putting on twitter after games is so mature and heartfelt,your right they are genuinely amazed and so grateful with the support they’re getting.
It’s gonna be a tough old road for these young lads and they are gonna need every true daggers fans behind them all season.We all know and appreciate the effort the boys and staff are doing,and it might have to get worse before it gets better.I Have been going long enough to see three promotions and now if it has to be three relegations then so be it,but that said I still think these young lads will start to get results and will get better as the season goes.🙏🙏
This league is vastly different to the one we got promoted out of and like any other league above or even below you cannot compete unless you have a decent budget which we clearly don’t have,one way or another it’s been a feckin shambles off the pitch as we all know.Just think if we’d could have just got a few older lads in,I know money etc,but surely out there must be someone who we could afford.An horrible git like a stewy Lewis, no great player but bloody horrible to play against and would stir the boys on.
But we are stuck with what we got,it is what it is and everyone knows it,so keep roaring these lads on because they’re efforts certainly deserve it.
Auntie Merge

leewilson wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:08 pm We're not great but I really like this team. The effort and heart I'm seeing each week has really endeared me to them. For all their failings, all I want is a team that gives their all on the pitch but who also try to integrate with supporters.

This from twitter:

@Tomiadeloyee
Face Says It All Tbh 😞 The Tides Will Change, Just Not Falling For Us At The Moment.. Honestly Humbled By The Support We Are Getting, It’s Amazing 🤟🏾We Will Put It Right.. Stick By Us 🔴🔵 #Daggers

@Lamar_rey10
Thank you to all the travelling fans today your support is on a different level, you deserve more and we will continue to fight together for you guys. Thank you for sticking by us 🙏🏽🔴🔵 @Dag_RedFC

@AMcQueen_
🤬🤬🤬... @Dag_RedFC fans are the best! You deserve more from us & we will get there together! 🔴🔵 Stay positive.

@Liam_Gordon15
Thanks to all the fans who’ve been behind us today and through the month. You’ve been behind us, fighting with us through this difficult period but we will keep fighting. Onto Saturday now, Stay with us @Dag_RedFC 💪🏽🔴🔵

@bengoodliffe11
Gutted at the results we are getting at the minute. We are honestly putting in our all. Again the travelling support of you @Dag_RedFC fans was amazing! Please stick with us, we need you to get us through this tough situation!🔵🔴

@ollie_harfield
Can’t thank the fans enough for all your unbelievable support today. difficult period but we will keep fighting. Onto Saturday now, Stay with us @Dag_RedFC 💪🏽🔴🔵

@willwrightt
Thank you to the fans today, can’t speak highly enough of you, right behind us for more than 90 minutes. Another tough one to take and we need to put it right quickly, see you Saturday at home and I’m sure the place will be rocking🔴🔵

@davey_alex
You know what, that support from @Dag_RedFC fans is the best I’ve ever had simply class, stay with us 🙌🙌

@MattRobinson231
Apologies to the travelling fans today the support was immense. I promise the lads aren’t taking what’s happening lightly and we are doing everything we can to put it right.

Sometimes footballers post generic crap on twitter but I genuinely believe that they're surprised by the support they're getting. Most teams would be giving a team with 1pt from 21 absolute pelters. But at full time, we were chanting for them and clapping. They realise that we appreciate the fact that they're giving it their all.

I really hope we keep it up. We will win games this season. Whether we win enough remains to be seen. Any advantage we can have take forward though is needed and if this positive relationship between fans and players continues, then it might just give them that extra lift going into the back end of the season when it's all to play for.

Well done everyone today. Superb all round.
This was lovely to read and reminded me of the team spirit and how the relationship with the players and supporters used to be. It is what being a family club is all about; supporting when
things aren’t going well.

Keep up this attitude and the performance and, regardless of results, we will attract new
ownership.
ARNU

It's a nice touch but a cynici might suggest these players have had a nudge in the right direction re social media from the management. Taylor himself in a bid to keep us onside put out a clip before the Hartlepool game saying pretty much the same thing. With 6 losses from 7 we will haemorrhage support with each subsequent loss.
They won't lose me altogether and I too like the fact they are giving their all but next season in the league below we might hold our own a bit better. I think we need to go down and be in a league we can compete in. I'm going again Saturday but I reckon Salford will pull out pants down I'm afraid.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm It's a nice touch but a cynici might suggest these players have had a nudge in the right direction re social media from the management. Taylor himself in a bid to keep us onside put out a clip before the Hartlepool game saying pretty much the same thing. With 6 losses from 7 we will haemorrhage support with each subsequent loss.
They won't lose me altogether and I too like the fact they are giving their all but next season in the league below we might hold our own a bit better. I think we need to go down and be in a league we can compete in. I'm going again Saturday but I reckon Salford will pull out pants down I'm afraid.
****** me, say nothing and they "don't care" say something and they have been "nudged".
ARNU

"A cynic might say"....being the key sentence above.

It is refreshing if this is all their own work,I hope it is.For what its worth,I think theyre giving it their best,what more could we ask ?
I haven't slagged them once,nor will I. I realise we're out of our league,Im a bit pessimistic about our predicament and I believe unless the club gets a financial backer we're doomed to be relegated/possibly go out of business.Aim your disappointment at me if you must,I will be as pleased as anyone if we hang on,but we do need financial support or the inevitable will happen.
Mike the Dagger

And you aren't that said cynic??

Yeah right!
DevonDagger

ARNU wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm It's a nice touch but a cynici might suggest these players have had a nudge in the right direction re social media from the management. Taylor himself in a bid to keep us onside put out a clip before the Hartlepool game saying pretty much the same thing. With 6 losses from 7 we will haemorrhage support with each subsequent loss.
I can see the logic but it's think it's a touch elaborate. The players came over at the end by their own accord (how often do you see managers have to gesture them to go over?), and furthermore then individually shook hands with some supporters. It seems pretty genuine to me.

Regarding Salford, you could well be right - but before the season started I expect most of us would have down Barnet scoring for fun and each of our ex-players there getting a goal each too. Nothing like it in the end.
Mark

I would expect they've been reminded clearly by the management of the importance of keeping the fans onside during this tough patch. That is just sensible management. But it starts a culture rather than being a prescription.
ARNU

What mark said. :punk: