Salford

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Clearly they were a far more polished outfit than us but I think we did well to hold them to a draw even if they only had 10 men. We look like frightened rabbits most of the time , we need a few experienced players in there if we're gonna survive this season. Again no lack of effort but couldn't see us scoring even if we were still playing now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Yes but as a Consumer was you pleased Arnu
ARNU

It's a work in progress but it is frustrating to watch. We don't seem to really have much of a plan once we get the ball and some of the passing is atrocious. How did they have so much space with 10 men ? Salford bossed the game from start to finish that's why I think we did well to hold them to a draw. I like romaine and he works his arse off but you never got the feeling he or we would ever score today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1DAGGERS

Yeah, they're the best team I seen this season and I don't think anyone around me was too disappointed at the end. I disagree they bossed the second half. More than likely it was because they had 10 but not necessarily. (Swansea managed to come behind to beat Millwall today despite playing almost the whole game with 10). I agree though we did look a bit scared at times though and we could do with a bit of experience. Our play in the final third remains pretty woeful.
Pondfield Dagger

why were the away fans not in the away stand behind the goal? when i got there i thought there no was no away support until over the tannoy announceded 85 aways fans, then as i was leaving at the end I could see them at the other end of the seive to me, lost revenue there (terrace and seatng prices) unusal for away fans to be put in the seive
ThatRoundThing

Pondfield Dagger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:46 am why were the away fans not in the away stand behind the goal? when i got there i thought there no was no away support until over the tannoy announceded 85 aways fans, then as i was leaving at the end I could see them at the other end of the seive to me, lost revenue there (terrace and seatng prices) unusal for away fans to be put in the seive
See other threads for new National League rules regarding Away fans have to be offered tickets at Home fans lowest price.
daggerfirst

They were the best team I'd seen all season. Tidy, organized. Considering the amount of money spend on them you'd expect them to be in the playoffs or winning the league.

We did well and I would have taken a draw even with last teams players in place.
Mark

I felt they were far more interested in looking good than winning. I think the teams with more experience than us will be able to take points off them.

Very good collection of players but the build up was very slow. I was quite pleased they seemed content to play triangles on the halfway line rather than move forwards. They got a lot of crosses in but didn't really hurt us through the middle, mainly resorting to shots from 25 yards. If they started games at higher tempo I think they could blow teams away in half hour.
leewilson

Most disappointing thing for me was the quality of our delivery. We worked the ball wide on so many occasions but our crossing was woeful. Lost count of the number of times we shanked behind for a goal kick.

Leighton looks handy. He can move pretty well along the ground but most of his goals for Millwall U23 came from headers. I was very surprised Taylor took him off as he would have been our best bet as the game wore on for getting on the end of a cross (the few that were half decent anyway).

McQueen for me is not good enough defensively. Hoyte should be playing there all day long. Intrigued to see what he does when Nunn's fit. I have a feeling he may take Gordan's place, which would be a shame as he's been one of the bright sparks.

CM is the area we're crying out for some quality. I feel sorry for Robinson as his lack of mobility is getting badly exposed. Saturday was a bit better as we put Harfield in there too and he has bundles of energy. Definitely need someone with a bit of bite and grit in the centre though as we're too soft there.
DevonDagger

leewilson wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:13 pm Most disappointing thing for me was the quality of our delivery. We worked the ball wide on so many occasions but our crossing was woeful. Lost count of the number of times we shanked behind for a goal kick.

Leighton looks handy. He can move pretty well along the ground but most of his goals for Millwall U23 came from headers. I was very surprised Taylor took him off as he would have been our best bet as the game wore on for getting on the end of a cross (the few that were half decent anyway).

McQueen for me is not good enough defensively. Hoyte should be playing there all day long. Intrigued to see what he does when Nunn's fit. I have a feeling he may take Gordan's place, which would be a shame as he's been one of the bright sparks.

CM is the area we're crying out for some quality. I feel sorry for Robinson as his lack of mobility is getting badly exposed. Saturday was a bit better as we put Harfield in there too and he has bundles of energy. Definitely need someone with a bit of bite and grit in the centre though as we're too soft there.
Agree with a lot of this.

Though against Barnet oddly enough I thought our crossing was the strength and our finishing them off the weak point.

But I agree on McQueen, he offers a lot going forward but I am less confident when he's got a man running at him/behind him. I wonder whether Nunn could play there with Gordon keeping his place. Fairly sure when we had Lingy and Nunn they were both able to adjust accordingly?

I thought Robinson struggled against Barnet and gave the ball away cheaply far too much for a player of his standard. I just wonder whether it's in his mind exactly how much we rely on him to be the composed, experienced character - which could all be a little too early for someone who only a few months ago turned 24 himself. Still a top player and vital to the team though, don't get me wrong.

It will be really intriguing if hypothetically we get some funds to bring a couple players in, where that may happen.

My biggest disappointment so far has been Reynolds, seem to remember a lot of positive talk when we signed him but I don't think he's exactly set alight yet.
NBDag

Hard to disagree with the previous two posts. I heard a lot of criticism from the Sieve about us sitting deep when they have the ball in their half/middle of the pitch, but I actually thought it was a good tactic from Taylor. For some reason they didn’t seem too urgent to attack us and then when they tried long ball it mainly came to nothing. Unsurprisingly this was our best defensive display, the only problem with it was that we seemed to have focussed on defending so much that we forgot how to attack.

Where have Phipps/Donovan gone? Would really like to see us have another proper midfielder in there with Robinson.

Also- does anyone have an idea of how serious Davey/Pennell’s injuries are? Don’t think we can afford to have a defence without those (or any) two right now.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Agree with a lot of the above but not the comment about Reynolds .

May be an away day player .

We looked a diffrent team against Aldershot when he came on and did so much against Halifax.

Mcqueen look so promising against Maidenhead but has been an utter disappointment since.

Gordon has to be the biggest improver ok there is a mistake in him as Hartlepool proved but he is only a kid.
Really hope when Ben is right he is not the one given the chop.

Donovan was called back by Millwall but yesterday the Club made a statement he was coming back ,what that was all about is anybodys guess.
lupins

Its quite simple regarding Donovan

It is permitted to recall players to play in cup competitions so Millwall exercised that right and named him on the bench against Plymouth. Then loaned him back.

All quite normal no mystery