This email was sent on behalf of supporters who went to Barnet on the 27/8/18

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

In this email we sent regarding Barnet who over charged us supporters and the queue outside before kick off and the rule about away day tickets pricing is included for back up so if you went and kept your tickets hold on to them please.

I am sending this email on behalf of the Dagenham & Redbridge Supporters who attended The Hive on Bank Holiday Monday for the Bees v Dagenham & Redbridge match.

We have received numerous communications from our Supporters regarding the admittance prices they were charged, and the long queues experienced at the ticket booths.

I understand that the National League issued a Board directive for season 2018/19 which is contained in the latest National League Handbook, it is on page 178 and is item 5. The directive states

Home Clubs unable to supply a standing amenity to visiting Supporters or withdrawing a standing amenity to visiting Supporters must provide access to an appropriate seating area at the same price as the amenity offered to Home Supporters. Visiting Supporters must not be financially disadvantaged by being asked to pay more for seats where no standing facility is provided for them but is available for Home Supporters.

At the Hive last Monday Dagenham and Redbridge Supporters were charged seating prices even though no terrace was offered. Barnet supporters were allocated terrace space.

It is therefore my belief that our Supporters have been overcharged by £5 (adult), or £3 (concession). I would appreciate confirmation that this is in fact correct and what arrangements you will put in place for any of our Supporters who wish to apply for a refund.

I would like to express my concerns at the long queues experienced by our Supporters attempting to gain entry to the Hive. These delays sadly meant that some of our Supporters missed the start of the game and our GOAL!! My understanding is that orinigally there were 2 ticket booths open, which then went down to one and it is then that the queues started getting longer. Near to kick off 3 - 4 booths were opened, but despite your best efforts, the queues could not be cleared by 3pm.

We had a travelling support of nearly 400 and I wonder what will happen when other teams bring a larger support, for instance Chesterfield and Leyton Orient, who will both bring in excess of 1000 Supporters.

I await your response to the above points as soon as possible.

Patricia Shaw
Secretary
Dagenham & Redbridge Supporters Club
stanton101

Well done that woman. Had trouble there last time as well, about time they got pulled up about it.
Barrowfan

I have complained to your club for last 2 seasons (never had a reply) as you charge away fans more to sit than the terrace price and more than it is to sit than your family stand.
Look forward to all away fans for last few seasons getting reimbursed
ThatRoundThing

Barrowfan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:38 pm I have complained to your club for last 2 seasons (never had a reply) as you charge away fans more to sit than the terrace price and more than it is to sit than your family stand.

As we understand the new rules are as per National League rules 2018/19 season, which is why we are currently offering terracing to Away fans at the same price as Home terracing.
Mike the Dagger

Barrowfan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:38 pm I have complained to your club for last 2 seasons (never had a reply) as you charge away fans more to sit than the terrace price and more than it is to sit than your family stand.
I hope you kept the tickets.
Barrowfan

Good.
The league have looked at clubs like yourselves and changed the rules about the way you and others fleeced away fans of money.

Good luck for season apart from Saturday.
Alan

By fleeced, you mean advertised and charged a price that was then in accordance with the league rules?

I always thought that the idea of not going if you didn’t want to pay the asking price was an option, but hey.
SUSSEX DAGGER

This is one subject that i can not support the Club over, the rules were changed because of teams like us.
DevonDagger

How long until this becomes a "well we did it because they did it"
ThatRoundThing

Next season ,£18.00 Access All Areas. So simple to control. Discount proportional for Season Ticket purchasers obviously.
D@Rsupportersclubweb

This is a copy of the folow up e mail sent by the supporters club on Sunday 9-9-18

Subject: Admission Prices - Barnet v Dagenham & Redbridge 27-8-2018

I would like to express my considerable disappointment at not receiving any acknowledgement or reply to my email of 30th August 2018.

The matters raised in that email were of considerable importance to the Supporters Club Committee, our Members and Supporters who attended the game on Bank Holiday Monday.

I further understand that many other people have also sent emails and have not received the courtesy of an acknowledgement / response.

This in my opinion is totally unacceptable.

I look forward to an early response/reply to this reminder.

However, should I not receive a reply by Friday 14th September 2018, I shall have no alternative but to pursue our serious concerns through other appropriate Football Channels.

Patricia Shaw

Secretary
D@Rsupportersclubweb

This is the reply the supporters club got back on Sunday

Subject: Re: Admission Prices - Barnet v Dagenham & Redbridge 27-8-2018

Dear Trisha Shaw,

Thank you for your further email.

May we apologise for any delay in response. However, the Club is treating this as a serious matter and the correct channels are being pursued. Please be assured that emails have been replied to and further information shall be provided as therein mentioned.

Kind regards -

The Hive London

The supporters who have sent e mails to Barnet on this matter should have heard or will be getting e mails sent to them.

And once the supporters club hear anything they will be making the supporters aware of what happening.
IanC

For those of you who don’t get the non league paper,it seems we ain’t the only ones complaining about this.
A certain Jean COOMBES who is life president at Maidenhead as sent a letter into the paper,strongly complaining of some of the treatment our fans were subjected
too as well.
Surely that shite club have to man up and answer to these complaints,instead of waiting for it to just go away.
Diggerthedog

Hope we shoehorn them into the furthest block away from the sieve in the return fixture as bound to be segregated.
ThatRoundThing

Barnet have now issued a statement that it is to raise prices in their terrace end by £3 to £20.
Barnet fans on Twitter are not at all happy Bees 😂