Gutless.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I reckon we must have had a bung today off Northampton.I think that's the most gutless performance I've seen all season. (if you excuse the abortion of a game we played v Portsmouth the other week)Just Abs,Doe and Medy making any effort.Pile of shite.If that's what happens when Wayne tells them he wont accept poor performances off anyone I guess we'll be getting a well overdue clearout this summer.

Does anyone else think Connors looked totally clueless in his role on the wing 1st half ? Waste of time wasn't it.

If anyone was in two minds about whether to purchase a new season ticket that embarrassment must have made a few peoples minds up for them.

Happy with mid table finish but our defeat v Cheltenham next week could see us in 17th place.Time for a clearout again I think !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Was ******** awful, as you said Arnu, Abs, Doey and Medy were the only ones that tried. I'm a big fan of Burnett but he reflected the performance, sat down for nearly the whole game. For a 15 minute spell towards the end of first half we looked like we had woken up, moving the ball with some urgency and people actually making runs, but normality resumed second half. I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Pompey game but today proved me wrong. Boos at half time were deserved and half of our fans leaving before the end showed how bad it was. Some of those players have no bottle and need a proper kick up the arse. Club are lucky the season tickets are so cheap, if they were any more expensive there's no way I'd be getting one! Only going Cheltenham next week for the beer!
Adrian

I left before half time today.
I've never left more than a couple of minutes early in 20 years. And that included the 9-0 against Hereford.

The worst thing is that it was so predictable. They're fighting to stay up and were always going to have a go, just like Portsmouth did.

With the number of players we have with contracts for another season I don't see how we're going to be clearing out much. And what would we replace them with? The signings by the current manager have been more miss that hit so far .

I'm struggling to work out why I'd want a season ticket next year even for £180.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Came back from uni, saw 2 games, lost both, scored 0 and let in 4. Still, got to go on the pitch. Did the chap who left after 20 minutes miss the overhead kick by the way?
SUSSEX DAGGER

I dont want his assistant I want to hear from the Manager tonight to come out and explain to me why some of his Staff cheated the fans this afternoon. Absolute gutless performance against a team who cant score a goal all season untill they rack up here.

Northampton did not have to do anything to win in a canter. Absoloute shambolic display.

I can accept getting beat I can accept not getting the rub of the green but that was just taking the piss.

Wayne promised us nothing but 100% until the seasons end well if that is what 100% effort gets you god help us.
Chigwellian

Even after waiting 15 minutes after the game, why did most of the players do their lap of honour, especially Curry by clapping into the air and not even looking at the crowd (all 75 of us who stayed)
Pondfield Dagger

no effort at all first half..worst of season by mile. those comments ringing round last year after they kept us in the league by beating barnet on last game of season `we owe them one big time` well we are defo all square now...
Dagger92

I have been a supporter of Wayne this season and I wanted to see some of the squad given a game but I think there are just too many changes. We need a settled team where everyone gets used to playing in the same position with the same players around them. Last Mondays starting midfield were all on the bench today. We are never going to build confidence if players are not given a run in the team. Today was probably as bad as I have seen a Dagenham team play, some or them seem clueless as well as gutless, we are quite good at making square or back passes but nobody is capable of making decisive forward passes.
Auntie Merge

If we play like that next season, we are doomed.

And this is from positive Auntie 6-0 Merge.

We need at least 6 new players.

Next season is going to be a toughie, as more of the weaker teams get relegated we are going to struggle.
matt_drfc

Auntie Merge wrote:If we play like that next season, we are doomed.

And this is from positive Auntie 6-0 Merge.

We need at least 6 new players.

Next season is going to be a toughie, as more of the weaker teams get relegated we are going to struggle.
Is that 6 new players just for the starting 11 or for the whole squad?

I'm going to wait and see who is released to make my mind up on what we need
Auntie Merge

sadly 6 new players for the starting 11.
Richie

I couldn't make it today, but to suggest we need 6 new players for the starting 11 is well OTT in my opinion. The keeper and back four are pretty solid and with Murphy/Hines (if he stays) back fit I don't think we're as bad a side as people are suggesting.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well when you score a total of three goals that included a freak OG and a needless penalty in 7 games, concede 7 goals (should have been more) at home to two of the worst scorers in the League (as they were until they rocked up here) then it is a matter of opinion as to if we are a good team . We certainly have no depth.

So six is about right in my opinion

We have played what were the bottom four in our last five and should have lost the lot but we somehow got away with it at Torquey.

We have conceded 13% of Northamptons total goal tally this season and today like Portsmouth it was pitiful to watch.

We are desperate for a Winger since Zav got injured there is nobody who even looks a threat out wide give or take the odd effort by Medi.

Sheilds has obvious potential but he is nowhere near ready , if he cant do it with no pressure then you fear for the lad if we place any faith in him with the gun against our heads.

Funny how the two players who contributed so much to our lofty position never got a look in this afternoon when the gongs were being handed out.

Without either Rhys or Zav we would have been looking down both barrels tonight and it looks like we start next season without one of them may be both.

So 6 players may in fact prove pretty conservative. Any hiding from this brutal fact and we are heading one way and it is not up.
Daggers No 2 Fan

We've conceded more goals than 3 of the bottom 4. Our defending from set pieces has been poor all season.
The defence isn't really solid.

If we're going to play more a passing game, then we need players that do it well, and its painfully clear that a lot of the current squad aren't that good at it. They seem to lack some of the key basics like movement and going forward with the ball.
matt_drfc

I think if we are going to play a midfield 3 it has to be Saunders, Bingham, Ogogo.