Players contracts.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

The getting forward thing is probably why Wayne gave Connors a go on the wing - he'd barely crossed the halfway line this season up til know, and certainly hadn't got a sniff of the opposition byline.

Didn't work out too well though..I don't mind Connors, but a lot of opposition do ping diagonal balls in his direction..with the striker/winger invariably getting to the ball first, especially if it's in the air. Going forward, he does look like he bricks it a bit..hopefully with a decent summer under his belt he can add a little toughness to his game.
bloke down the pub

When dose W.Bs contract end.
Chigwellian

bloke down the pub wrote:When dose W.Bs contract end.
Not quick enough....
lupins

You clearly need a reality check on many levels
bloke down the pub

lupins wrote:You clearly need a reality check on many levels
Whos going to do that, You?
ARNU

Im sure WB started with a 2 yr contract.If you look at whats been achieved this season with so little resource I think he's done well.Certainly others out there for whatever reason don't like his football but I reckon he'll improve as time goes by and he will keep us in the league next year too hopefully with a better finishing position.He has and will make errors,as far as Im concerned his biggest flaw is his gob in the heat of the moment.The Wycombe incident where he slagged our winning team on the radio and having a pop at fans after the shite display last Saturday spring to mind.I'll excuse them both as they are clearly episodes that will shape his future decision making assuming he learns from them.Far better than all that bollux Still used to spout,I mean he hasn't patronised us with all that "We're Daggers" and "I'll support the team from the terraces if I weren't manager" shite has he ? Who do you want to come in and replace him anyway and more to the point would they come here and be any better ? Work in progress going ok from where Im standing.Northampton was particularly shite though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
len

Agree with arnu he has made mistakes this season but he is young and will learn by these. His budget is small but he has overall done incredibly well in his first full season and hopefully things will improve next season. Most of us would have been delighted to obtain 57points at the beginning of the season and not be fighting relegation for a change
Chigwellian

ARNU wrote:his biggest flaw is his gob
Totally agree with that, but not only has he too much gob, he doesn't know how to control his anger, and also tactically he is clueless
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Who do you want to come in and replace him anyway and more to the point would they come here and be any better ?
Weird, whenever I responded like that to the calls for Still to be sacked I got told it those that wanted him gone didn't need to come up with a potential replacement as well.

Out of interest, when does he stop being inexperienced, a work in progress and so on?
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:Who do you want to come in and replace him anyway and more to the point would they come here and be any better ?
Weird, whenever I responded like that to the calls for Still to be sacked I got told it those that wanted him gone didn't need to come up with a potential replacement as well.

Out of interest, when does he stop being inexperienced, a work in progress and so on?
Still had burnt out and had to go way before the time we were seriously calling for him to be sacked.If WB takes us on a 1 point out of 50 odd run I'll be calling for his head too.Difference being when Stilly took us on that run he was a vastly experienced veteran of the game.Im sure in response to your question re stills replacement my response at the time was Alan Devonshire.

I agree with the general thrust of you're point "When does he stop being inexperienced".I don't think a manager doing badly gets much time these days.WB aint doing badly though.A 5 or 6 game run of straight defeats would probably start alarm bells ringing for most.Stilly obviously was allowed 1 point in 50something and the club put up with it didn't they.If saint john had finished mid table we'd have all been happy.Wheres your line in the sand ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

I find our form more than a little alarming. It's all very well saying we are top half but the division is so bunched up you can throw a blanket over about 12 teams. We aren't just on a small bad run, our form over 20+ games is that of relegation fodder.

I think he's done a pretty poor job lately. If we carry on as we have been, we'll go down next season. I'd probably see where we are start of October before I did anything rash though.
Chigwellian

Mark wrote:I find our form more than a little alarming. It's all very well saying we are top half but the division is so bunched up you can throw a blanket over about 12 teams. We aren't just on a small bad run, our form over 20+ games is that of relegation fodder.

I think he's done a pretty poor job lately. If we carry on as we have been, we'll go down next season. I'd probably see where we are start of October before I did anything rash though.
I would probably agree with this.... But we can't just hang about due to sentimentality, as WB has no history or loyalty to us