Players contracts.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Does anyone have that list of when the player contracts expire please.I looked on here for quite a while as I've seen it in another thread but have given up now .

I just want to see who I can sack if I were manager.

Thanks in anticipation.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

leewilson wrote:In case anyone's interested:

Goalkeepers

Chris Lewington (2014)
Jordan Seabright (2014)

Left Backs

Femi (2014)
Jack Connors (2014)

Right Backs

Gavin Hoyte (2014)

Centre Backs

Scott Doe (2015)
Luke Wilkinson (2015)
Brian Saah (2015)
Ian Gayle (2014)

Wingers

Medy Elito (2015)
Zavon Hines (2014)
Sean Shields (2016)

Centre Mids

Abu Ogogo (2015)
Billy Bingham (2015)
Luke Howell (2015)
Matt Saunders (2015)

Forwards

Rhys Murphy (2015)
Afo Obafemi (2014)
Chris Dickson (2014)
Bradley Goldberg (2014)
Alex Osborn (2014)

(I think it's up to date)
Lee posted this on the Chesterfield thread. I believe the only one that isn't correct is Connors, he signed a new deal earlier on this season.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Not really much space for a clear out there.
Femi might as well go, he's been treated poorly this season. There's no point in keeping Dickson, he just hasn't worked out at all. Of the two out on loan, Osborn doesn't seem to have done much in the Conf South, Goldberg has scored goals so should be kept hold of if he wants to stay.
Hines can go, he hasn't really shown much commitment and it's come back to bite him a bit with the injury. There won't be much of a queue for him anyway.

Might as well keep the goalkeepers, we aren't getting to get anything much better for the sort of money we're going to be paying. Not sure about Hoyte - again are we really going to find much better?
Mark

Hoyte has improved during the season, I'd probably keep him.

We should see what keepers are out there but I'm guessing the ones we have are likely to be better despite their obvious failings.

Hopefully Hines will play for us even short term once he's over his injury.
searmh

dickson can go and id be excited to see goldberg in the team. Wishing for a season without a load of loan signings, i really cant see how all these short term loans can help the team.
Mark

Wayne said at the start of the season he wanted to put his budget in fewer players meaning we often need loans to cover the gaps.
searmh

Mark wrote:Wayne said at the start of the season he wanted to put his budget in fewer players meaning we often need loans to cover the gaps.
i can understand that but i dont think it a model for success..if we need extra bodies then surely long term loans would be best
matt_drfc

I've been happy with the squad as a whole, always going to be hard when we lose possibly our best 2 players. But towards the end of the season we have definitely lacked experience, also to close games out when we are winning, but I hope that Burnett and co. will learn from that for next season.
leewilson

searmh wrote:
Mark wrote:Wayne said at the start of the season he wanted to put his budget in fewer players meaning we often need loans to cover the gaps.
i can understand that but i dont think it a model for success..if we need extra bodies then surely long term loans would be best
Whenever we've had a lot of loanees at the club, we've struggled. I can't remember a period where we've had 4-5 loanees and done well. Our success always comes from a good compact squad and a lot of luck regarding injuries. The year we lost out to Shrewsbury in the play offs, our team pretty much all season was:

Robbo

Foster---Magnus----Arber----Griffiths

Saunders----Taiwo----Gain-----Ritchie

Strevens-----Benson

(I think)

The year we went up through the play offs, our team was pretty much:

Robbo

Ogogo---Doe----Arber----McCrory

Green---Vincelot---Gain---Nurse

Scott----Benson

The only small changes made there was McCrory came in to replace Griffiths who left. And Thurgood's career ending injury left a hole that we tried to fill in various way. Pack came in and then we discovered Vincelot excelled in CM.

Largely though, there's little upheaval there in both sides and a lot of luck with key players not getting injured. A team with a budget like ours can not afford Murphy and Hines to get injured without any consequences. At the same time, I think there have been a couple too many loanees this season to cover gaps in the squad that have been produced by the streamlining Burnett has done throughout the season. These young and inexperienced loanees have then had to come in and play due to injuries and they've not had the pre season/game experience playing in the same manner as the 11-14 that started the season regularly. It's no surprise with all the chopping and changing that our playing style has disintegrated. Wayne will hopefully learn from these mistakes and get the squad he wants from the beginning of next season so that we don't have to release 4-5 in the middle of the season to open funds for loan players. This was a transitional season and I think Wayne has done well overall. We've fallen away but take nothing away from a positive very strong opening half of the season at home, and to be fair, a much improved 2nd half of the season on the road. We've not been as pretty but bar the last 3-4 games, the players have scrapped and fought which resulting in 8 games unbeaten in March. We're all disappointed but I think too many are panicking because the last few seasons have been hard and whenever we start struggling, people immediately think of our brushes with relegation in the previous 2 years. I believe circumstances to be far different this time though and come the beginning of next season, we'll look different and we'll be fine.
searmh

leewilson wrote:
searmh wrote:
Whenever we've had a lot of loanees at the club, we've struggled. I can't remember a period where we've had 4-5 loanees and done well. Our success always comes from a good compact squad and a lot of luck regarding injuries. The year we lost out to Shrewsbury in the play offs, our team pretty much all season was:

Robbo

Foster---Magnus----Arber----Griffiths

Saunders----Taiwo----Gain-----Ritchie

Strevens-----Benson

(I think)

The year we went up through the play offs, our team was pretty much:

Robbo

Ogogo---Doe----Arber----McCrory

Green---Vincelot---Gain---Nurse

Scott----Benson

The only small changes made there was McCrory came in to replace Griffiths who left. And Thurgood's career ending injury left a hole that we tried to fill in various way. Pack came in and then we discovered Vincelot excelled in CM.

Largely though, there's little upheaval there in both sides and a lot of luck with key players not getting injured. A team with a budget like ours can not afford Murphy and Hines to get injured without any consequences. At the same time, I think there have been a couple too many loanees this season to cover gaps in the squad that have been produced by the streamlining Burnett has done throughout the season. These young and inexperienced loanees have then had to come in and play due to injuries and they've not had the pre season/game experience playing in the same manner as the 11-14 that started the season regularly. It's no surprise with all the chopping and changing that our playing style has disintegrated. Wayne will hopefully learn from these mistakes and get the squad he wants from the beginning of next season so that we don't have to release 4-5 in the middle of the season to open funds for loan players. This was a transitional season and I think Wayne has done well overall. We've fallen away but take nothing away from a positive very strong opening half of the season at home, and to be fair, a much improved 2nd half of the season on the road. We've not been as pretty but bar the last 3-4 games, the players have scrapped and fought which resulting in 8 games unbeaten in March. We're all disappointed but I think too many are panicking because the last few seasons have been hard and whenever we start struggling, people immediately think of our brushes with relegation in the previous 2 years. I believe circumstances to be far different this time though and come the beginning of next season, we'll look different and we'll be fine.
well said...and lets hope that the case
matt_drfc

Shields reminds me of Saunders and Green in some ways, maybe he is the answer ;)
Richie

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Not really much space for a clear out there.
Femi might as well go, he's been treated poorly this season. There's no point in keeping Dickson, he just hasn't worked out at all. Of the two out on loan, Osborn doesn't seem to have done much in the Conf South, Goldberg has scored goals so should be kept hold of if he wants to stay.
Hines can go, he hasn't really shown much commitment and it's come back to bite him a bit with the injury. There won't be much of a queue for him anyway.

Might as well keep the goalkeepers, we aren't getting to get anything much better for the sort of money we're going to be paying. Not sure about Hoyte - again are we really going to find much better?
Are you serious? He puts himself more than anyone bar Abu. How you can criticise his commitment is astounding to me.
ARNU

I actually agree with all that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

Richie wrote:

Are you serious? He puts himself more than anyone bar Abu. How you can criticise his commitment is astounding to me.
Yes, I'm serious. You appear to have misunderstood what was meant by commitment though.
He was offered a deal and didn't want to take it and has no found himself injured an potentially in a position where no one wants him. I'd be very disappointed if we offered him anything now.
Mark

I wouldn't want us to sign him now but if he gets fit in say January then I'd be happy to give him 6 months