Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Oxhead

A massive well done to Steve Thompson,this could be huge for us
Dagenham Dagger

Fantastic news!
Dagenham Dagger

Fantastic news!
RayleighDagger1986

In the short term yes. Its brilliant to secure the future of our club but........
How are they going to get more and more people through the gates. Thats the future. Rebuild the club and its fanbase and it will become self reliant and wont rely heavily on handouts!!
HGDagger

Interesting how we was linked to buying Aston Villa back in June https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... r-14748887
DevonDagger

Welcome to the club to our friends from over the pond.

Pleased we can hopefully start to look forward. I hope they recognise the unique portion of the club and don't lose that element of it. But certainly I hope they can at least bring in some fresh ideas to put the club back on the track and it would be great if they could find a way to boost our attendances most importantly of all.

I'm pleased they intend to keep Peter Taylor, sometimes new owners have their own men so I'm glad that wasn't the case here. As far as the squad is concerned I wouldn't be against a couple new additions but I think many are quite happy with what we've seen very recently. I would accept a couple more seasons at this level to build for later instead of trying for immediate success as we did with Hopkin.
JasonMa

Hi all, I hope you don't mind an outsider dropping in. We've just heard the news over here in Colorado and there are a few Rapids fans who will be taking an interest in Dagenham & Redbridge now that our keeper is an investor of the club. There are a couple of us who have had an interest in non-league football from a distance, myself I've been keeping an eye on Chester FC since a visit there about 18 months ago. Next time I'm in London I'll try to come by for a match if the timing works out.
HGDagger

Only 9 points off play offs with 36 games remaining. COYD :grin:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

JasonMa wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 pm Hi all, I hope you don't mind an outsider dropping in. We've just heard the news over here in Colorado and there are a few Rapids fans who will be taking an interest in Dagenham & Redbridge now that our keeper is an investor of the club. There are a couple of us who have had an interest in non-league football from a distance, myself I've been keeping an eye on Chester FC since a visit there about 18 months ago. Next time I'm in London I'll try to come by for a match if the timing works out.
Yes mate ! Do you have any idea if something like this has been on Howard's radar recently ? He seems a pretty switched on guy to me, maybe a bit more than your average footballer ?
BarkingRambo

What fantastic news. Out of the ashes of whatever the hell Tamplin is and Dagenhams version of Boycie to a group that are interested and passionate in sports.

Buzzing to see what these guys bring to the club but hearing people from Colorado are already interesting in visiting in the first hours of it being announced (it’s so nice to hear that Jason) Now here is to hoping they can also bring some nice draft American craft beers to the bar.
Daggerman

Good news, let’s hope that the people hounding Thompson now back off and let the club flourish.
RM1Dagger

Tim Howard involved who has spent so much time in English football (albeit only the Prem) and presumably knows a thing or two about it and what it means to people. This can only be a good thing to have a guy like him involved.
Now the SE27 Dagger
dagger4eva

We have such an amazing little club and after forever living in the shadows of virtually everyone else, its utterly joyous that at last, for once, the limelight really is on us.

Early days, and it may all go pear shaped BUT I think there is a hell of a lot to be excited about.

The future's bright - the future's stars and stripes!
JasonMa

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:01 pm Yes mate ! Do you have any idea if something like this has been on Howard's radar recently ? He seems a pretty switched on guy to me, maybe a bit more than your average footballer ?
This is the first I've heard of his interest back in the UK. He lives in Memphis in the offseason and he's been heavily involved in helping the new USL (our 2nd-ish division) Memphis 901 FC get started. They start play with the 2019 season and two weeks ago during a bye week the Rapids went to Memphis to play a friendly against Tulsa FC of the USL as a kickoff event for the Memphis team. They unveiled their name and logo as part of the festivities and such. He's officially a special advisor to the team and after his contract with the Rapids expires at the end of the 2019 season I don't think anyone will be shocked if he announces his retirement and joins Memphis in some official role, either as a coach or in the Front Office.
BarkingRambo wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm Buzzing to see what these guys bring to the club but hearing people from Colorado are already interesting in visiting in the first hours of it being announced (it’s so nice to hear that Jason) Now here is to hoping they can also bring some nice draft American craft beers to the bar.
Not to get anyone's hopes up too much. There's only two of us really interested in non-league football. The other guy is a Palace fan but has hit up non-league games when visiting London as well. I've only made the one trip across the pond so far and that was focused on getting to Ewood to see Blackburn (thanks to Brad Friedel I'm a Rovers fan) but I wanted to get to a non-league game on my next trip and this sounds like a good reason to go.

No help on the beer though, I doubt customs will let us bring it through. :grin:
NBDag

Wow... This investment has so much promise in the sense that they are true sporting people, and a true football person (nay premier league great). If this lives up to its promise then we can actually have a club for years to come- irrespective of league.

No secret that this fan base has been at ends for some time. Let’s all pull together and help make a new start for this club. Because despite the fact that we all have been supporting Dagenham from different starting points and may have different aspirations for the club, we have all found ourselves here supporting during the same low. We are together. It is now time to get behind the board, the coaching staff, the players, the ******** everyone and make one hell of a bloody noise at 3pm tomorrow!!!

To our new owners I say this- thank you. But don’t ****** this up. The opportunity is there for you and us.

Dagenham til I die.