Takeover complete

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Very Good News

Investment from a Company that comes from the Land of The Free ,a Country that is built on harsh and oftern brutal economic systeam.

We are a 5th rate Football Club

That has not got a pot to piss in.

Falling crowds .

So amongst all this hysteria I will ask what others are scared to

WHATS IN THIS FOR THEM ?
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:28 am Very Good News

Investment from a Company that comes from the Land of The Free ,a Country that is built on harsh and oftern brutal economic systeam.

We are a 5th rate Football Club

That has not got a pot to piss in.

Falling crowds .

So amongst all this hysteria I will ask what others are scared to

WHATS IN THIS FOR THEM ?
Wow, it has taken a while for someone to start being properly negative, well done Sussex for bringing the forum back to its roots!

In an era of clubs having foreign owners, why is this so odd? These guys are obviously not looking at massive "major league" teams, they already have interests in 3 Triple A Baseball clubs, and have started a new USL team in Memphis, so have an interest in "soccer" and understand how to make the most out of that level of sports you would hope. I appreciate it is different in the US, and hope they do too.

They were apparently looking at Aston Villa, yes a ready made Championship team, but deep in a hole, and needing massive investment just to steady the ship. Figures of £75m were being spoken about just to buy in.

Or they could look elsewhere at something with potential.

Our club is almost debt free, proven in the Football League for nine seasons and has a designated ground. There is enough seating, CCTV, turnstiles, floodlighting, and changing facilities to see the club back to League One without any need to invest in infrastructure. With the right on field resources, this is a massive opportunity for a comparitively small outlay.
lupins

Couldn't have put it better perhaps no one had 'dared' to ask the question is because it's so obvious
Daggerman

They obviously have a plan for the club, that plan doesn’t include Tampon or Hopc#nt so it’s good news even if it ends up short lived which I’m sure it won’t, only time will tell but in the meantime let’s enjoy the moment. Next stop FL2 :thumbu:
SUSSEX DAGGER

What's negative about it.

It's a legitimate question despite your normal brown noseing bullshit you fail to answer. All those other interest they have appear to have a lot more going for them then what we have.
At least with Tamplin you knew the reason and that he has a big ego to feed.

Sounds,to me that others who were quick to protest in the past are now so desperate that they have forgotten what stance they once took.

A couple of posts by the Club ,a photo shoot with no details about who they were until the deal was signed seems to have satisfied those who not so long ago would have been asking more searching questions.

Might appear Negative but at least I am consistant
Alan

Personally, I’d like to know what their plans are. I’d like someone willing to invest in infrastructure, marketing and increasing attendances and running the club on a sustainable footing. We don’t want a boom and bust investment model that leaves us begging for money and teetering towards insolvency at the whim of an investor.

Last April I walked out of the ground not knowing if we’d have a club this season. So I’m cautiously optimistic, but I’d like to hear what the plans are.
Mike the Dagger

Good to be accused of "brown nosing", massively positive that, thanks.

The club is now available to be bought and sold, the change of structure ensures that. No point dreaming of being a members club again, unless it is as an "AFC".

So if you discount that option, I have explained pretty clearly what these guys are buying in to. What else do you want to know?

Can a well run club be profitable? Yep, look at Brentford.
EssexDagger!

Little message from Tim Howard ahead of today’s game against chesterfield

https://twitter.com/dag_redfc/status/10 ... 82048?s=21
durnzo

No idea what's in it for them, but things couldn't get much worse and reading the list of people they have brought to the organisation and a prem footballer I'm guessing they're not here to plunder and leave us ******. A lot more professional than an orange, wannabe wide boy rolling into town with delusions of grandeur and pockets half as deep as he claims. Maybe they enjoy the challenge of turning club's around without having to spend a small countries national debt in the process, a la the prem. I'm double chuffed, let's see what happens and may be try to enjoy it!! Outrageous I know.
Granddad

I wonder if our new owners see us as a nursery club that can nurture talented young American players, and ambitious UK players as well for their American franchises. If that is the case we could become a magnet for some really top quality footballers and really benefit from this takeover, as could the new owners. For me, its a win, win situation and I feel more positive about our future prospects than I have done for ages.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Ok well some interesting theories and the proof is in the pudding.So we will have to wait to see what it taste like

Fact remains that the all in it together rallying call did not last that long.

We did not know until they signed weather they were Al Capone or Billy Graham.

There was only speculation and us fans who were being asked to keep the Club afloat during these difficult times were kept completely in the dark.

The all in it together really meant was keep turning up keep put your hands in your pocket but dont ask any questions as to who the future of this Club will be entrusted in.
Penfold

Alan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:17 pm Personally, I’d like to know what their plans are. I’d like someone willing to invest in infrastructure, marketing and increasing attendances and running the club on a sustainable footing. We don’t want a boom and bust investment model that leaves us begging for money and teetering towards insolvency at the whim of an investor.

Last April I walked out of the ground not knowing if we’d have a club this season. So I’m cautiously optimistic, but I’d like to hear what the plans are.
I’m with Alan on this one, we’ve seen it go sour not so long ago, so let’s hear their plans / forecasts / goals as soon as possible.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
rebeldagger

I for one am delighted this news, it has been a tough few years for us all here, and this is the first bit of positive news, (baring the appointment of Peter Taylor) we've had in a while.

I do understand, and naturally so that some may be wary at first, and to be fair there is good reason too as the investment we've seen in this club has not had the best interests of the club, or us the fans, at heart.

However, from this consortium, and the members of it, it seems that they have a keen interest in sports and the knowledge of how to run a successful sports club.

As well as ourselves, they are also the owners and founders of Memphis 901 FC, who'll be making their debut in America's United Soccer League in 2019, and between the members of the new consortium they have interests in numerous Minor League Baseball, namely the Memphis Red Birds, whom just won back to back divisional championships.

Yes, I would also like to hear about their plans for the club and what they hope to achieve, yet I strongly do feel that with their investment and expertise in how to run a spot, not to mention Tim Howard, this could have the potential to bring the glory days back to Victoria Road.
daggerfirst

/Fantastic news for the club.
Can we get Tim in goal?
bloke down the pub

Let you know in 12 months