Takeover complete

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Penfold

rebeldagger wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:09 am I for one am delighted this news, it has been a tough few years for us all here, and this is the first bit of positive news, (baring the appointment of Peter Taylor) we've had in a while.

I do understand, and naturally so that some may be wary at first, and to be fair there is good reason too as the investment we've seen in this club has not had the best interests of the club, or us the fans, at heart.

However, from this consortium, and the members of it, it seems that they have a keen interest in sports and the knowledge of how to run a successful sports club.

As well as ourselves, they are also the owners and founders of Memphis 901 FC, who'll be making their debut in America's United Soccer League in 2019, and between the members of the new consortium they have interests in numerous Minor League Baseball, namely the Memphis Red Birds, whom just won back to back divisional championships.

Yes, I would also like to hear about their plans for the club and what they hope to achieve, yet I strongly do feel that with their investment and expertise in how to run a spot, not to mention Tim Howard, this could have the potential to bring the glory days back to Victoria Road.
Has anyone considered that no actual player investment will be done until January, unless its a Free Transfer/Out of contract player?
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Alan

To reiterate: there is no transfer window at this level.
Penfold

Alan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm To reiterate: there is no transfer window at this level.
So we can sign someone from league 1 and league 2 right now and they can play for us before January?
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Mike the Dagger

Penfold wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:02 pm
Alan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm To reiterate: there is no transfer window at this level.
So we can sign someone from league 1 and league 2 right now and they can play for us before January?
If only there was a website etc. etc. http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/no- ... ague-31421
Penfold

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 pm
If only there was a website etc. etc. http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/no- ... ague-31421
That still doesn't answer my initial question...

Lcbdagger

Penfold wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 pm

That still doesn't answer my initial question...
Yes
Alan

Transfer windows don’t apply in the National League.

The football league and premier league transfer windows prevent clubs in those competitions from registering new players outside of the windows, they don’t prevent them from selling eg the premier league closed their window before the rest of Europe and so could still sell to European clubs.