New Contracts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5699331

Peter Taylor is hoping to reward players who have performed well with new, longer contracts now that we've got investment. Don't think many would disagree with this - who would you give a new deal to?

Personally I'd say:
Liam Gordon
Elliot Justham
Matt Robinson
Elliott Romain

There are others, particularly Kandi and Pennell, I'd be tempted by but I'd probably give it another month or two at least.

Another that has impressed me is Goodliffe so I wonder what the chances of us signing him permanently are. Seems more than good enough for this level though I can't imagine him being given a chance in the Premier League. Might have higher ambitions himself though.
ARNU

I'd give them all new contracts. They were all willing to play for Dagenham for peanuts and were expected to fail. I can't think of 1 player not putting in a shift when called upon. Now it maybe some aren't as good as others but they win as a team and fail as one. Singling out a few for reward now will be counter productive.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

That sounds a little sentimental Arnu.
ThatRoundThing

I would negotiate Peter Taylor’s players food budget up from £30 to £50 per week 😁
Lcbdagger

If it was just the one player then I would take Liam Gordon all day long and give him whatever terms he asked for

Think Devon has it pretty much spot on... questions possibly on Justham if only to keep his form up and see him continuing to keep Moore out of the team by feeling like he's playing for a future contract. He and Robinson on the other side have obviously stuck with the team through the financial turmoil
RayleighDagger1986

Do we know what sort of investment and how much it is that the new owners have provided? I'm with Taylor on this, lets build what we currently have and see where we are come January. If some of the squad deserve new contracts, lets keep this within a budget and not go overboard. But, I must say though that a decent forward should be made priority if we are looking to strengthen the team.
Diggerthedog

Agree with the above, we have had a good little run but let’s not get carried away. I hope this investment is sensible, the way the Hopkin cash was spent by Still was diabolical.