Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Do you want Taylor in or Out

In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
dagger4eva

I don’t really see any problem with Taylor doing his sarcastic clap thing (even though I missed him do it)

Much in the same way as when a player gets verbals they should be entitled to give some back, the same probably should apply here.

That’s not to say that I agree everything is rosy as it clearly isn’t. Our results without Wilkinson & Balanta have been considerably worse than when we do have both on the pitch together. But, some of Taylor’s other decisions and selections do astound to say the least.

I know Adeloye is FAR from perfect and also misses his fair share of chances, but he is 10 times the player Mullins was/is and almost always a constant threat up to, yet the latter was given a couple of chances before departing. Tomi seems to have been completely frozen out though and I’ve no idea why.

Also, the treatment of Munns is very odd, given he is clearly 1 of the most talented actual footballers we have in the squad.

The chopping and changing of formations & personnel is clearly not having a positive impact either.

With all that said, with some luck and decent finishing we would have been 3 or 4 nil up within the 1st half hour on Saturday and this conversation wouldn’t have existed.

It’s a funny old game!!
CharlieC

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 am All this is pointless as they signed two year contracts when they came on board as far as I am aware.

We are where we are despite starting with pretty close to nothing last summer. Taylor has attracted a number of players because of his name and contacts, and the new owners appear to like him.

Yes we are short of depth at the moment as recently demonstrated, and the inconsistency of team shape and selection is frustrating at times, but we ought to stay up, which was the goal this season, and hopefully invest wisely in the summer for a real run at it next season.

So all this digging Taylor out is totally pointless, and devisive. Far better to get behind the club and try to make sure 2019/20 is a memorable season for all the right reasons.
There is a certain amount of irony in you calling people divisive for having an opinion on the management. That’s exactly what you were doing when you were being smug after a good run under Taylor, calling anyone who voiced concerns at the start of the season “mugs”.

Also, let’s not get started on the comments about those who sit in the A13 stand...
Mike the Dagger

CharlieC wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 am
Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 am All this is pointless as they signed two year contracts when they came on board as far as I am aware.

We are where we are despite starting with pretty close to nothing last summer. Taylor has attracted a number of players because of his name and contacts, and the new owners appear to like him.

Yes we are short of depth at the moment as recently demonstrated, and the inconsistency of team shape and selection is frustrating at times, but we ought to stay up, which was the goal this season, and hopefully invest wisely in the summer for a real run at it next season.

So all this digging Taylor out is totally pointless, and devisive. Far better to get behind the club and try to make sure 2019/20 is a memorable season for all the right reasons.
There is a certain amount of irony in you calling people divisive for having an opinion on the management. That’s exactly what you were doing when you were being smug after a good run under Taylor, calling anyone who voiced concerns at the start of the season “mugs”.

Also, let’s not get started on the comments about those who sit in the A13 stand...
Yeah I get the irony. Supporters being devisive among themselves is rather different than shouting abuse at the team/manager though.

There were a decent sized group of people that were digging Taylor out very early before he had been given any sort of chance, trying to put together a team using the loose change from down the back of Stilly's sofa. Oddly enougth they are the same ones that have started again off the recent "bad run".

Regarding that "bad run" we are actually above both Orient and Salford in the 8 game form table...
NBDag

I think we need to accept that Taylor isn’t going anywhere this season. He is/we are good enough to keep us up and despite how bad we have been, I think he will do that. But that’s where it ends. He will not be able to take us up a division, and I’d doubt he could get us into the playoffs.

I’d like to see us planning now for someone to take over in the summer, and have it all ready to be put in place on 28th April. Then after the Moors game we can shake Taylor’s hand and sincerely say “thanks for this season and for taking a job that you probably had no real need to take. But now it’s mission accomplished and we’d like a different person to help us achieve our new goal”. If we knew that was going to happen I think this atmosphere would change pretty quickly.

Must say however, one concern about Taylor leaving that I have is how will any other manager fare in managing Wilkinson.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am
CharlieC wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 am

Yeah I get the irony. Supporters being devisive among themselves is rather different than shouting abuse at the team/manager though.

There were a decent sized group of people that were digging Taylor out very early before he had been given any sort of chance, trying to put together a team using the loose change from down the back of Stilly's sofa. Oddly enougth they are the same ones that have started again off the recent "bad run".

Regarding that "bad run" we are actually above both Orient and Salford in the 8 game form table...
If he is getting results why would people complain? Of course another run of bad results causes deep concern. 5 points off the drop zone with us to play 4 teams below us... it does not feel like the mid table obscurity we thought we might have before Christmas.

Damned if I do post, damned if I don't.
stanton101

I think you'll find that Orient and Salford aren't actually in any danger of going down, so it's pretty immaterial really.
Alan

Balanta and Wilkinson have played together once in the last 5 games and we won that game.

Our back up players aren’t as good as Balanta and Wilkinson, they’re the players we had when we hadn’t a pot to piss in and were struggling at the bottom of the league. If the chances Reynolds missed fell to Balanta, we would have won the game.
EssexDagger!

Yes it’s THE players crossing the white line at 3pm and not the manager, and YES it’s the players like Lemar Reynolds who can’t hit a cow’s a*^e with a banjo on a Saturday & not the mangers fault,

But who is responsible for constantly selecting these same players who wasn’t cutting the mustard the first few months of the season hence bringing in (Wilko,Balanta etc) & still clearly not good enough for this division now!

We keep hearing the likes of Wilko,Goodliffe,Manny etc are only here because the attraction & prospect of working with a manager like Peter Taylor, that’s fair enough but let’s have it straight if we was to lose Taylor then it’s not like we are going to struggle to sign anybody of any real quality is it, especially with our new owners backing...I mean look at Solihull Moors,Gateshead,Sutton etc... none of them have the manager pull of Peter Taylor but they all seemed to assembled a decent enough squad, especially Solihull & Gateshead who both had disaster seasons last year & now fighting for the national league title and play offs respectively.
Granddad

With the greatest respect to Terry Harris who has been a great club servant, for me, he could be the problem. Im a great believer in continuity and would have prefered a much younger assistant manager/coach who could learn from Peter Taylor and hopefully take over when PT decides to call it a day. While PTs selection and substitutions sometimes baffle me it has to be said that having him has allowed us to sign and loan some decent players who will return to their clubs much better. Hopefully, once bigger clubs realise that fact we can look forward to more of the same next season. Overall I think he has done a pretty good job and still believe we are lucky to have him.
Alan

But the back up players are what we could afford then. They are still contracted to us. We cannot just tear up their contracts without paying them off and we cannot sign better replacements without further increasing the wage bill.
Diggerthedog

Bump
Daggerman

Not a bump, needs to be pushed
NBDag

Come on now we still have that win against Bromley to cling on to
HGDagger

No doubt about it now, he'll leave at the end of the season.
Granddad

I got into a conversation last night about Kenny Clark and his man management skills. A couple of people that have known his family for years are convinced he has everything it takes to become a top manager. Apparently, Balanta did some coaching at Borehamwood and is also highly regarded as a forward-thinking football man.

Could the two of them be the answer to our managerial prayers? and are they worth the gamble?. I think they possibly could.