Do you want Taylor in or Out

In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
SUSSEX DAGGER

Plenty of chances but same old story.

A multi million pound team lost their second game in a row today. Certainly no easy pickings and that fact alone should start causing concearn
Adrian

He certainly isn't going to help himself by sarcastically clapping the supporters when he's made a substitution that makes no real sense.

And then to make another change before even letting the first one (which seemed to be making a difference) had setttled in.

How Reynolds played the full 90 minutes is beyond me. Well, when I say played the full 90 minutes there were big chunks of that when you'd have struggled to notice him.
The two misses is the first half were shocking, and I hope that a couple of players were allowed to hold him while Wilkinson gave him a kicking after his pathetic delaying the penalty being taken.
Why lay there when he clearly wasn't hurt.

To be honest I'm starting to wonder if Taylor had ever seen some players play before he signed them.
HGDagger

He has to sort out the mess we're in now VERY soon otherwise we WILL go down!
Diggerthedog

Anyone got any popcorn.
Pondfield Dagger

doubt the americans will give him a new contract, new manager next season i expect. the clapping with the munns substitution out of order along with the team selections against barnet and wrexham, clueless!
EssexDagger!

Are any of the new owners present at these games do we know or are they only told what Thommo reports back?
If so wonder if he included the chant of “you don’t know what your doing” from the Sieve...
Richie

Having two centre backs on the bench was pretty special - Gave us very little chance of changing the match with subs.
ayrisdagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:24 am Are any of the new owners present at these games do we know or are they only told what Thommo reports back?
If so wonder if he included the chant of “you don’t know what your doing” from the Sieve...
The Americans watch every game live from the cameras above the sieve. They would’ve heard the chants too.

Regardless of this, what does it matter if we get relegated? On a whole the standard of football we’ve played this season vouches towards us going down. As the owners said at the first forum “we go down as one, and come back up as one”. The owners will stay, I’m not sure why Taylor or Harris would leave.

Also, I believe the decisions and workload is equal between Taylor and Harris so why does everyone keep mentioning they want Taylor out and not Harris. At the start of the season we were hoping for survival of our club, which we’ve got. Anything but relegation was the aim and we are sitting 14th with 13 games to go and I think anyone who thinks Taylor needs to go for being on track to completing the task he was set at the start of the season, clearly doesn’t remember the clubs situation pre-American investment.

Let’s get behind Taylor for the rest of the season and secure our place in the National League.

COYD
DaggerJoel11

Yes, Taylor has done fantastically well to guide us to where we are at the minute. Yes, 14th is a position we'd have all have taken in a heartbeat back in August.

But the parameters of the season have changed. We're no longer a cash-strapped team of 19 year-olds. Gateshead's team yesterday must've cost less than we spent on just a couple of new signings alone. If you look at the team we started yesterday, and the form with which we've begun the new year, it's not good enough and we're capable of so much better. Judge it by the current situation instead of the one which is no longer a reality.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
lupins

Apart from the fact that yesterday wasn't great but we still should never have lost the thing I don't get is why when the players are the ones who cross the white line is it the solely the Managers fault. I understand there is an element of motivation in management but if yesterday is perceived as 'gutless" then it's the players who produced that
For the record I don't think it was gutless maybe the supporter malaise spread to the team. It was quiet all round right from the off
SUSSEX DAGGER

What has changed tho Joel?
Before Balanta and Wilkinson arrived we were poor in the last third.

Last two weeks no Balanta ,Wilkinson kicked out the game at Wrexham and,yesterday misses from 12 yards.

We simply have no depth in this vital area.
Outside these two we have tried everything else and all have proved not good enough and sadly I dont think ever will be.
Last two weeks have proved this
CharlieC

I’d say it would be a mistake if we have offered Taylor and Harris new deals before securing safety. That’s not because I necessarily want them to leave, but I just don’t think it makes sense to keep a management team on that could oversee us getting relegated.

In terms of the job done by Taylor and co so far, they deserve credit for the recruitment of Balanta, Wilkinson, Goodliffe, Manny etc. They also for a little while found a decent system (3-5-2 with Munns and McQueen alongside Phipps). Also I’d say leaving Gordon our for a few weeks during October/November was a good decision, he has been much less error prone since coming back, probably did him good being out of the team for a little while.

However, consistently, the management team have got it wrong tactically and probably with man management too. The constant changing from 4 to 5 at the back will never be conducive to clean sheets; Adeloye, Hoyte and Phipps now have been frozen out of the team; Doug Loft has been shoehorned into the team when in my opinion, Robinson and Phipps can do his job just as capably, especially at home.

It has been a bit of a fragmented season, and of course if we do stay up PT has done the job he was asked to. But long-term, has he shown signs that he could progress us next season? I don’t think so.
Mike the Dagger

All this is pointless as they signed two year contracts when they came on board as far as I am aware.

We are where we are despite starting with pretty close to nothing last summer. Taylor has attracted a number of players because of his name and contacts, and the new owners appear to like him.

Yes we are short of depth at the moment as recently demonstrated, and the inconsistency of team shape and selection is frustrating at times, but we ought to stay up, which was the goal this season, and hopefully invest wisely in the summer for a real run at it next season.

So all this digging Taylor out is totally pointless, and devisive. Far better to get behind the club and try to make sure 2019/20 is a memorable season for all the right reasons.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 am All this is pointless as they signed two year contracts when they came on board as far as I am aware.

We are where we are despite starting with pretty close to nothing last summer. Taylor has attracted a number of players because of his name and contacts, and the new owners appear to like him.

Yes we are short of depth at the moment as recently demonstrated, and the inconsistency of team shape and selection is frustrating at times, but we ought to stay up, which was the goal this season, and hopefully invest wisely in the summer for a real run at it next season.

So all this digging Taylor out is totally pointless, and devisive. Far better to get behind the club and try to make sure 2019/20 is a memorable season for all the right reasons.
I understood when they came in they were on 3 month rolling contracts given the clubs financial position.
This talk of 2 year contracts is seriously worrying.
stanton101

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 am All this is pointless as they signed two year contracts when they came on board as far as I am aware.

That was the general consensus at Christmas time among most if not all the fans, and some were even talking about a late play off surge. But in truth we've been dreadful ever since.
I don't think anyone is doubting the fact that Taylor has performed well in putting together a team that has at least given the fans some hope of staying up, but you would think that after 7 months in charge he would at least know a formation that works and stick to it.
Ok, you will inevitably get injuries loss of form etc, but it's now becoming farcical and we're rapidly looking like we were at the start of the season.
The sarcastic clapping of the fans on Saturday has only served to antagonise those that have supported him and the team through the dark times.
My advice to Taylor is this, be nice to the people on the way up, because you'll be meeting them on the way down, which sadly at the moment is where we are heading.