Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Do you want Taylor in or Out

In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
Alan

ARNU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm Might not be a popular point of view but I played in a team where the managers favourites started every game but didn’t even bother turning up for training. If you’re putting in less effort in training why should you automatically play. Nobody we’ve got is that good are they ? The team should never pick itself. Or how you ever going to instill discipline.
Agree.

If those players have been dropped on effort and they come back in and do well, those who criticised him for dropping them will say he was wrong to drop them, those who agree with him will say it proves he was right - everyone will claim it as proving they were right.

Adeloye seems to get better with every game he misses - 2 goals in 17 games in the league.
jag

Just seen the match highlights v Wrexham and was very disappointed with the efforts given by some of our players, in fact they looked tired which would be very surprising given they have been able to train more because of the postponement last week, yet again Ben Nunn looked way off the pace as did Ben Goodliffe, we seemed second to the ball on many occasions and again we are starting to rely on Elliot to save us, if, as some of the previous posts have mentioned Jack Munns was dropped for the game, I find that unbelievable as he as many fans would be the 1st name on the team sheet, he runs his heart out every game and creates, perhaps some of his team mates should take a look at Jacks efforts and contribution, Balanta was in doubt about his recovery, but may hopefully be back next game, I will be going on Saturday to the Gateshead game and I hope our players can prove all our negative comments wrong and give a really good committed performance. ( Peter has to stay)
Lcbdagger

jag wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm Just seen the match highlights v Wrexham and was very disappointed with the efforts given by some of our players, in fact they looked tired which would be very surprising given they have been able to train more because of the postponement last week, yet again Ben Nunn looked way off the pace as did Ben Goodliffe, we seemed second to the ball on many occasions and again we are starting to rely on Elliot to save us, if, as some of the previous posts have mentioned Jack Munns was dropped for the game, I find that unbelievable as he as many fans would be the 1st name on the team sheet, he runs his heart out every game and creates, perhaps some of his team mates should take a look at Jacks efforts and contribution, Balanta was in doubt about his recovery, but may hopefully be back next game, I will be going on Saturday to the Gateshead game and I hope our players can prove all our negative comments wrong and give a really good committed performance. ( Peter has to stay)
Agree on the curious tactics... but whoever plays we are fundamentally in a position where no team in the league would win matches with Kandi and Reynlds as a front two
Grimsweeper

form table has us in 2nd place based on the last 15 games.

that x3 is a decent season.

we'll be lucky to keep hold of PT.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

leewilson wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:43 pm Must say, after listening to Taylor's post match interview, I'm more convinced now that Munns, McQueen and Smith were dropped for some reason other than tactical or performance in games. Reading between the lines, it sounded like a bit of a kick up the backside. Perhaps they've not trained as well as some others or said the wrong thing to somebody etc. Still don't disagree with Munns and McQueen being absent. Hopefully deep down (although he'd never admit it), Taylor realises Munns and McQueen are essential in the absence of Balanta/Wilkinson.
Agree with most of what you write on PT Lee. The team selection is often odd, featuring unexplained changes in personnel / formation not dependant on anything. Hoyte should be in the team by now, Nunn has been poor since xmas, but Liam Gordon who's been superb gets dropped to accomodate Loft and Smith keeps his place after the Maidstone. There's a lack of consistency, which is great when we are winning, but a bit like the England cricket team at the moment,it gets horribly exposed and is easy to criticise when we're losing.
Daggernewbie

stanton101

Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am An interesting little article :-

https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.u ... -1-5887729
Can't say I'd argue with any of that. At half time on Saturday many of us were resigned to the fact that we'd sit back and wrexham would knick it 1-0. It was amazing and quite sad to hear really, that we just knew it would happen.
For Jack munns to be fit, travel up with the team and still not play was truly staggering.
lupins

Not a very interesting article at all just that reporter taking a chance to rehash the sort of stuff he was saying before we improved.Now a blip drag it back out.
To answer his question I am sure the Board will do what is the best for the Club based on all considerations
dagger4eva

The Owner's (despite self confessed limited knowledge of the game as a whole) speak very highly and fondly of Peter Taylor, so I certainly don't envisage any changes soon and/or him not to be offered a new deal at the end of the season.
jag

Yes Peter Taylor's selection was unusual, why would Munns not be called upon, could he have been carrying a slight injury we just don't know, we should as supporters be told post match, Peter not only picks the team but I believe has the pulling power for bringing in the players for the future, this season is all about avoiding relegation and I have no doubt that we will, the result at Wrexham was very disappointing as the team has been showing signs of a steady improvement and will if Munns, Balanta Hoyte are recalled, why did Conor go off?
stanton101

jag wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm Yes Peter Taylor's selection was unusual, why would Munns not be called upon, could he have been carrying a slight injury we just don't know, we should as supporters be told post match, Peter not only picks the team but I believe has the pulling power for bringing in the players for the future, this season is all about avoiding relegation and I have no doubt that we will, the result at Wrexham was very disappointing as the team has been showing signs of a steady improvement and will if Munns, Balanta Hoyte are recalled, why did Conor go off?
Injured. So knowing our track record that's him out till next season. Balanta' already cottoned on that you can make a living by doing f..k all.
Too much of this nonsense goes on at our club where players disappear for weeks sometimes months on end.
I think we're an easy touch myself.
Diggerthedog

Or we have a crap medical team. Hopefully we will upgrade/add to this.
Daggernewbie

jag wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm Yes Peter Taylor's selection was unusual, why would Munns not be called upon, could he have been carrying a slight injury we just don't know, we should as supporters be told post match, Peter not only picks the team but I believe has the pulling power for bringing in the players for the future, this season is all about avoiding relegation and I have no doubt that we will, the result at Wrexham was very disappointing as the team has been showing signs of a steady improvement and will if Munns, Balanta Hoyte are recalled, why did Conor go off?
Conor went off injured,he was limping after the game hopefully it`s not to bad.
Alan

Our forum is really a hotbed of untapped knowledge, not just football, general staff management, but now in matters medical.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm Our forum is really a hotbed of untapped knowledge, not just football, general staff management, but now in matters medical.
I know the current medical staff let a player continue with a broken arm when it was clear to all he could not continue. Wilkinson was allowed to continue on a bad knock for a good 5 mins on Saturday and eventually came off at half time. Piss poor. How many players have we had that are out for just two weeks yet are not seen for weeks on end? Too many.