Bar Specials

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

I'm surprised the club has moved away from club policy on the bar specials for the game against Harrogate? Surely the cheap drinks would need to be bought in advance and would not available on matchdays!!!
😂
Auntie Merge

dagger4eva

Was expecting to see the drink prices undisclosed.

:grin:
IanC

Still overpriced for that shite they serve upstairs.Even our goldfish wouldn’t be able to see in the curling.Still it’s only been like it for about 10 years,so a bit wrong to complain!!
IanC

Oops carling
bloke down the pub

Better start trying to pull 6 pints of Daggers now, might be ready for match day.
ThatRoundThing

Tried 3 different draught beers in the downstairs bar last week and all were crap. Gave up and had a bottled beer. Drank far less than my normal matchday amount, therefore spent much less over the bar.
Didn’t go for after match drinks in our bars, went home in search of a decent pint which of course I got in my usual WM Club.
Diggerthedog

I have not had a draft beer in the club for a long time, I had no choice recently as the Daggers Blonde was not stocked in the fridge so was warm. The day after the the draft beers I had the worse guts ever like I'd had a very hot curry :devil: . Anywhere else you get a draft beer its normally fine, something not quite right with the pumps/pipes at the clubhouse.
dagger4eva

I know some people take issue with people complaining ('moaning') about beer in the club but I genuinely believe there is a lot of extra revenue to be had if only they were to sort the issue out.

I've been a regular drinker at the club (non-matchdays) for a long time now and personally have never usually minded the Carling, although the last year it's been absolutely rotten so have been effectively forced onto drinking bottles.

There are without doubt a large number of people who simply don't use the club on matchdays + non - due to the selection and particularly the quality of the beer.

With now two pubs serving decent beer on the club's doorstep - Eastbook & Pipe Major, it's an absolute no brainer IMO to get this rectified pretty quickly.
ThatRoundThing

I know the topic of poor draught beer is discussed every season. I have complained on occasions to those at the top and have been fobbed off with “our beer is fine, I drink it”
I know Sussex is a steward at his local club and serves a fine pint and has spoken before about cellar maintenance, pipe cleaning, magnets on the pipes etc.

I have been speaking to two local landlords and both their answers were that if pipes are being cleaned and maintained then the problem is probably the slow turnover of draught beer sales.
Some of our kegs are being opened and then not being used for maybe 2/3 weeks and then beer is being attempted to be sold that had gone off in the kegs.
I know of a few lower league clubs that once served only bottled or canned beers because of that problem.
Mark

Very common issue even in some smaller pubs. A lot of smaller breweries sell their beer in 30l kegs to stop this issue.

Cask is even worse as the beer spoils in far less time.
NBDag

To be honest I normally drink the Aspall’s there and have never had a problem with it. Case closed.
Chigwellian

We need a an experienced pub worker to sort this out... hmm where can we get one of those??
BarkingRambo

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-LP73PgNM-g5SO-kvjKF

Details on the free drink for everyone at the Harrogate game.
NBDag

A nice gesture, shows that the club do pay attention to what goes on here. Shame it always seems like it takes a failure for something like this to happen.