Erm.... Romain has gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Let’s hope we are still in the cup next week then...

Surely the new owners would love nothing more than a good cup run & bit of positive exposure for the club, Today is a must win if that’s the case!!
lupins

I assume if all parties are in agreement that a transfer is required (and lets further assume we are upgrading shortly) then neither the player nor Maidstone would wish him cup tied or proceed on that basis

It is still very early days with our new Owners so for now I am happy to trust that they have a plan and are long termers not the Hornchurch, Colne, Grays etc model. And isn't that what we all wanted?
RayleighDagger1986

NBDag wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:12 am I have faith that the Americans will bring in new and better players. But why sell to a relegation rival? It’s just bad business. Also why the day before the FA Cup match? There should be no excuse for losing today if we’re happy to flog one of our best players the day before.
I think its the right decision but at the wrong time!
Romain was moved on as the rumours reported that we will bring in new players and most probably in his position. Lets face it, if that happened and we were unable to shift him afterwards then we're stuck with a player on a decent wage. He didnt help Torquay last season so why is he that important to us. Yes, he's given his all. I dont dispute that and I thank him for staying true to the club during our most difficult time but in reality he's departed for another team who is a relegation rival. Im not sure he's gonna score the goals for them. The club has been criticised for poor financial management last year and have probably learnt thete lesson, hence the decision to let go before signing any new player. But surely this could have waited till Monday. My gripe this morning is purely down to timing, why could we have not waited till Monday!!
Auntie Merge

i wonder if they want us to continue in the cup, maybe he focus is on survival.

Look what happened in the past. If you had to choose between the Everton game or staying in League 2, what would you have preferred?
NBDag

Scored for Maidstone against Orient.
EssexDagger!

Terry Harris had a word with a friend of mine before kick off today, said we have 2 reinforcements coming in on Monday, didn’t give any names though! Hopefully are eligible for the Replay on Tuesday
Mike the Dagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 pm Terry Harris had a word with a friend of mine before kick off today, said we have 2 reinforcements coming in on Monday, didn’t give any names though! Hopefully are eligible for the Replay on Tuesday
Won't be, have to be registered beforethe first game to play in a replay.

May well be cup tied too.
RM1Dagger

Ebbsfleet have received a bid for Cheek...
Now the SE27 Dagger
EssexDagger!

Fair enough, Mike... cheers s
Mike the Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:40 pm
EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 pm Terry Harris had a word with a friend of mine before kick off today, said we have 2 reinforcements coming in on Monday, didn’t give any names though! Hopefully are eligible for the Replay on Tuesday
Won't be, have to be registered beforethe first game to play in a replay.

May well be cup tied too.
EssexDagger!

Have Ebbsfleet annouched this, RM1 dagger ?
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:43 pm Ebbsfleet have received a bid for Cheek...
RM1Dagger

I don't think it's official tbh but my mate who's Fleet fan said he heard he was left out today for that reason.

Intriguing if nothing else!
Now the SE27 Dagger
EssexDagger!

Interesting one... intriguing to see how it plays out!

Personally I’d be surprised if it were us, who turn out to be the “mystery bidders” after only selling as recent as August.

In my opinion I think there is better out there, but on the other hand, cheek is way better than anything we have currently....

Roll on Monday
Diggerthedog

Perhaps they have not paid us in full yet and they get to not pay us and get him off their wage bill, would make sense. Cheek will score us goals for sure.
Daggerfrom70s

If it is Cheek then think it is a good signing as he will probably get the goals that are sorely lacking. Mind you, would have made sense to have kept Romain for his workrate as Cheek is not the liveliest of strikers.